ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock needs a game

I don't know whether Scotland has filled their schedule yet, but that would be a good match up for the Scots.

Recommendation: Schedule up, not down. OOC cupcakes have cost Havelock in past playoffs when competition gets real. Consider Catholic as they have struggled just to fill a 10 game schedule the past two years. I am sure they would be open to a home and home if the dates work out.

Recommendation: Schedule up, not down. OOC cupcakes have cost Havelock in past playoffs when competition gets real. Consider Catholic as they have struggled just to fill a 10 game schedule the past two years. I am sure they would be open to a home and home if the dates work out.
I don’t think scheduling Dillon (SC), Southern Durham, Northeastern, Panther Creek, Wallace Rose Hill etc is scheduling down. Especially considering they have New Bern, Rose and Jacksonville each year. You play good teams in the playoffs, you win some and you lose some.

I don’t think scheduling Dillon (SC), Southern Durham, Northeastern, Panther Creek, Wallace Rose Hill etc is scheduling down. Especially considering they have New Bern, Rose and Jacksonville each year. You play good teams in the playoffs, you win some and you lose some.
No offense intended. Their first three games this year, Havelock won by a combined score of 133-0. That is not scheduling up OOC and they probably didn't learn a lot. Total respect for the program. Dillon is noteworthy. I am just recommending playing at least one game a year where you might lose but can learn about your team. At a minimum you need to find out how they react and respond to adversity. Even scrimmage up where it doesn't hit the record. Exposure to top level competition can only make you better.

No offense intended. Their first three games this year, Havelock won by a combined score of 133-0. That is not scheduling up OOC and they probably didn't learn a lot. Total respect for the program. Dillon is noteworthy. I am just recommending playing at least one game a year where you might lose but can learn about your team. At a minimum you need to find out how they react and respond to adversity. Even scrimmage up where it doesn't hit the record. Exposure to top level competition can only make you better.
They played 3 opponents (Jacksonville twice) after that third game that are still in the playoffs after 2 rounds, which I'm sure they learned a lot from. You mentioned past playoffs so I threw out several quality programs that have been put on the schedule. Takes 2 to tango so hopefully they can keep building their schedule but New Bern, Jacksonville and Rose give them, at minimum, 3 really good tests each year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT