ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock football

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
118-16 under coach Bryant
50-8 under coach king
20-2 under Wooten so far
A lot of ppl like to talk about havelock but their teams hasn’t been this successful in the past 12 years they like to talk all time and not about now 😂

Reactions: UNC91
118-16 under coach Bryant
50-8 under coach king
20-2 under Wooten so far
A lot of ppl like to talk about havelock but their teams hasn’t been this successful in the past 12 years they like to talk all time and not about now 😂
I think your numbers off sumwhere lol... Kimg was only there 2 years, no way he lost 8 games lol. Im thinking 3 WRH, CC, and Jville...

• Haha
Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Reactions: UNC91
Reactions: easy252 and UNC91
Wilbur Sasser started as the line coach for the Rams fresh out of college. First year he was there as an assistant, Rams went undefeated for Eastern State Title (no East-West title game then). He left that position after the 73 season (my first varsity season) to go head coach in Wayne county. He came back to head coach the Rams in early 80's through early 2000's when he retired. A great coach and friend. He sold cars after retiring and actually gave me a sweet deal on a nice used VW when my second car was wrecked by my daughter. Rams played in a much more competitive conference back then, yet still managed to grind out many more wins than losses and more than few conference titles.

Wilbur Sasser started as the line coach for the Rams fresh out of college. First year he was there as an assistant, Rams went undefeated for Eastern State Title (no East-West title game then). He left that position after the 73 season (my first varsity season) to go head coach in Wayne county. He came back to head coach the Rams in early 80's through early 2000's when he retired. A great coach and friend. He sold cars after retiring and actually gave me a sweet deal on a nice used VW when my second car was wrecked by my daughter. Rams played in a much more competitive conference back then, yet still managed to grind out many more wins than losses and more than few conference titles.
Wasn’t that first season where they didn’t give up a point Until they allowed a TD to Jones Sr. in the playoffs?

Reactions: Ramfan75
Frank Ciamillo actually started the winning Havelock football tradition with his undefeated season in 1971. Rams were small but tough and played the wishbone offense - Texas right and Texas left. He was short tough guy, hard on discipline, Italian with a unique accent. He won it all in 1971, lost in the state title to Pisgah in 1975, but won every conf title till his last year. He moved on to Whiteville and took them to a state title game too. Western teams haven't been that much aware of how long the Rams have been a top shelf team in the East - but they know us now. The Rams will always give you game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT