Beats white oak 62/8
Beats NorthSide 43/0
Beats swansboro 68/0
Beats Jacksonville 41/14
Beats Southern Guilford 56/14
Beats Northwood 32/7

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
We are in a classic with a solid East Duplin squad 37 secs left we are up but they got the ball at the 14. The way we played Defense we will probably lose and honestly deserve to lose. Defense has got to tighten up or the We will have some problems.

We escaped with a 32-27 win ED deserved to win. Cards had better tighten up defensively. But a win is a win. They pulled off wins against two solid 2a schools. Tried to tell folks about Croatan they didn’t believe me. ED will Winn some ballgames they are solid. We are ok. But have to get better defensively. Got to eliminate the big plays. I got faith in them.

We escaped with a 32-27 win ED deserved to win. Cards had better tighten up defensively. But a win is a win. They pulled off wins against two solid 2a schools. Tried to tell folks about Croatan they didn’t believe me. ED will Winn some ballgames they are solid. We are ok. But have to get better defensively. Got to eliminate the big plays. I got faith in them.
Crotan looks to have some nice size for a 2a

Their defense played a lot better tonight I wish their d line was just a little better but their back 7 makes up for lack of size lol
Yeah we graduated 2 monsters off that D line last yr, hard to replace them. Got a couple guys going both ways to fill the void, but also got sum young boys getting quality reps... The line will be tough by playoffs

Rams this year are very, very loaded. Talent wise, they have as many playmakers as their epic 2011 squad. They are not quite clicking as smoothly as the 2011 squad did, perhaps due to missing a few weeks of practice in this short pre-season. The players though look to be in very good shape - across the board bigger, more muscular, and more athletic than last year's team. Extensive weight room time is obvious. Once they find their mark, they have been unstoppable against what were thought to be some historically talented 2A teams in their first two games. Moore, Frazier, Hoover, Edmonds, Budget, Vereen, Ferry give them plenty of offensive power. On defense, I don't understand the comment that their d-line appears weak - maybe a bit undersized in the center - but they have 2 potential all-stars at defensive end, their linebackers and secondary are sound. Not too many teams will be able to gain around the ends on this squad. They are a legitimate state title contender and have the talent to take it all.

Rams this year are very, very loaded. Talent wise, they have as many playmakers as their epic 2011 squad. They are not quite clicking as smoothly as the 2011 squad did, perhaps due to missing a few weeks of practice in this short pre-season. The players though look to be in very good shape - across the board bigger, more muscular, and more athletic than last year's team. Extensive weight room time is obvious. Once they find their mark, they have been unstoppable against what were thought to be some historically talented 2A teams in their first two games. Moore, Frazier, Hoover, Edmonds, Budget, Vereen, Ferry give them plenty of offensive power. On defense, I don't understand the comment that their d-line appears weak - maybe a bit undersized in the center - but they have 2 potential all-stars at defensive end, their linebackers and secondary are sound. Not too many teams will be able to gain around the ends on this squad. They are a legitimate state title contender and have the talent to take it all.

I agree that’s why I compared them to 2011 but they to me have the chance to be the best havelock team ever this year they have so much talent

I agree that’s why I compared them to 2011 but they to me have the chance to be the best havelock team ever this year they have so much talent
best team ever is a might strong statement with the shorten schedule and the schedule they had then compared to now. The games leading up to Conf play usually set us apart from everyone else. Not dismissing any of the teams we have to play but NS and Jacksonville are the only two games that we can really see how we will be. Again not discounting the rest of the league but history has said other wise.

I know they have been getting ready for this run for a few months so I am actually looking forward to the playoffs already.

like the Motto says “Do your Job” if we play clean games yes we can hold that chip up at the end of the year.

best team ever is a might strong statement with the shorten schedule and the schedule they had then compared to now. The games leading up to Conf play usually set us apart from everyone else. Not dismissing any of the teams we have to play but NS and Jacksonville are the only two games that we can really see how we will be. Again not discounting the rest of the league but history has said other wise.

I know they have been getting ready for this run for a few months so I am actually looking forward to the playoffs already.

like the Motto says “Do your Job” if we play clean games yes we can hold that chip up at the end of the year.

I feel you that’s just my opinion but I get what you’re saying

Reactions: downlo and UNC91

I feel u, but that the same time we can't punish a team for a pandemic. NB, WC, and team from NJ was supposed to be on the schedule this year also along with Dillon SC. Now this team still has to win it all

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
I feel u, but that the same time we can't punish a team for a pandemic. NB, WC, and team from NJ was supposed to be on the schedule this year also along with Dillon SC. Now this team still has to win it all

i feel you but at the same time you can not put them over the top, with out seeing them playing those teams. I am not shorting them by any means. Their greatness will be measured by what they do to the end of the year. But you have to throw strength of schedule in there. We can’t say who they were suppose to play. That would have been a treat since our non conf schedule is always tough, now if they beat everyone by 30 and win the chip then you have a conversation.

we both know the East gets no respect so it is time to run through everyone and raise the chip.

Reactions: easy252 and UNC91
i feel you but at the same time you can not put them over the top, with out seeing them playing those teams. I am not shorting them by any means. Their greatness will be measured by what they do to the end of the year. But you have to throw strength of schedule in there. We can’t say who they were suppose to play. That would have been a treat since our non conf schedule is always tough, now if they beat everyone by 30 and win the chip then you have a conversation.

we both know the East gets no respect so it is time to run through everyone and raise the chip.
Well since this post u motivated me to go look at that schedule in 2011... Outside of a NB team we demolished, our only good game was a 2a Kinston team. Its alot of 3-8 teams on that schedule...Go back and look at it and tell me outside of "strong team names" how tough that schedule really was lol

Well since this post u motivated me to go look at that schedule in 2011... Outside of a NB team we demolished, our only good game was a 2a Kinston team. Its alot of 3-8 teams on that schedule...Go back and look at it and tell me outside of "strong team names" how tough that schedule really was lol

Rams took advantage of about 10 turnovers in the 2Q by NB after NB went up 20-7 in the 1Q.

Conley was decent that year.

Reactions: downlo
The reason the 2011 Rams squad was so good, was not the weakness of their regular season schedule, but the way they rampaged through the playoffs and utterly demolished a very good West Rowan team in the title game. That team could basically score at will and was one of the fastest HS teams I ever saw. They had an experienced senior QB who virtually never made a bad play - they just executed on another level. Frazier, this year's sophomore QB, is not quite there yet - but he does have speed and an arm and a year of experience under his belt. This year's Rams have all the talent they need to snag another state title - but not fully convinced they are playing as sharply as necessary quite yet. Still early, but they should have a very good season.

Reactions: downlo
The reason the 2011 Rams squad was so good, was not the weakness of their regular season schedule, but the way they rampaged through the playoffs and utterly demolished a very good West Rowan team in the title game. That team could basically score at will and was one of the fastest HS teams I ever saw. They had an experienced senior QB who virtually never made a bad play - they just executed on another level. Frazier, this year's sophomore QB, is not quite there yet - but he does have speed and an arm and a year of experience under his belt. This year's Rams have all the talent they need to snag another state title - but not fully convinced they are playing as sharply as necessary quite yet. Still early, but they should have a very good season.
Oh yeah definitely not taking anything away from that team, it was crazy... But I won't let the schedule be the difference in this team and that team. This team team is alot older in most positions minus the qb spot, which may end up being the most important. I think its about 25 SRs on this team, but b4 we even do any comparisons

West Carteret... Probably won't be anymore discussions about Havelock up here for awhile till we play jville as our conf is weak this year smh
Well I have great memories of coachiing at West, but that was when they beat Havelock the last time. Not the same team now.

Like I said before with the modified schedule that is a big statement, if we roll through the playoffs beating everyone by 30 and raise the chip at the end then we will have a different conversation, and you don’t know how the last 2 teams that are suppose to be pretty good this year will end up in there Conf play if they both go deep in the playoffs and win convincing then that is a different conversation. One thing I don’t do is compare teams different time different situations. The conf was different at that time. Let this team be great in this time. Again I am waiting for the playoffs they need to keep the same energy the whole season. No close games

I totally agree that is why I said if the best everyone by 3-4 TD’s and raise the trophy at the end then yes let’s have this conversation again, until then I can’t see it in 2 games especially if we don’t know how good those two teams are that we played. Can’t go by who they are this year it is how you finish that is the measuring stick.

62-13 with Edmonds going down in the 2nd qtr... This team is gonna beat whatever is in front of them

62-13 with Edmonds going down in the 2nd qtr... This team is gonna beat whatever is in front of them
The JV’s would have beaten that WC team the score should have been 80-6 they lucked up and got a pick 6 they didn’t even cross the 50 the whole first half with 3 TDS called back in the first half WC. That was a Scrimmage game

The JV’s would have beaten that WC team the score should have been 80-6 they lucked up and got a pick 6 they didn’t even cross the 50 the whole first half with 3 TDS called back in the first half WC. That was a Scrimmage game
Sorry to say, that will be our whole conference this year bro smh

Havelock up 43/0 end of first quarter against white oak

Lol wow........ JHS hype train conductor said white oak was good this year. He mentioned their qb will have a field day on JHS lol 43-0 1st quarter wow. You cant make these things up lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT