ADVERTISEMENT

Grit & Grind : Talking Eastern NC High School Football Week 5

Loving the scoreboard behind y’all…Southern Nash…home of Julius Peppers. 😉 good stuff.

Ain’t believing y’all picked Bunn over Rocky Mount….if that happens….2a East will be shaking in their boots!

I’ve been talking up Roanoke Rapids this year … who are ranked highly in 2a….but if Bunn wins this game…and I hope they do…. Look out! Duplin county!😜😜😜

Love the area coverage! Y'all keep it up!

I will say Rocky Mount by 4 touchdowns or more over Bunn. Bunn's opponents so far this season are 0-11, all three teams they have played so far may not win a game all season unless it's against each other. Rocky Mount on the other hand has played 3 of the best programs in the eastern part of the state and came out with a 3-1 record with wins over Northeastern & Holmes.

Also you won't see Southern Nash get a lot of shutouts ever on defense. In most cases the coaching staff gets 3rd string in on defense as soon as they feel comfortable. They get them in for game experience and to get the players on film so they can show them what they have to improve on. I've been watching Southern play in person on a weekly basis since 2011. I am amazed at the player development from one season to the next.

Lets see what conference play looks like! Let's Go Birds!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Loving the scoreboard behind y’all…Southern Nash…home of Julius Peppers. 😉 good stuff.

Ain’t believing y’all picked Bunn over Rocky Mount….if that happens….2a East will be shaking in their boots!

I’ve been talking up Roanoke Rapids this year … who are ranked highly in 2a….but if Bunn wins this game…and I hope they do…. Look out! Duplin county!😜😜😜
Hey Maiden Creek, thanks for watching the show we really appreciate it!!

I think Bunn can go into RM tonight and get a upset, Bunn has been playing some really good football lately, it definitely would be a upset..lol But I don't think RM is taken them seriously and they maybe able to come out with a win

Yep RR has been playing good, I thought that lost to Vance co was a miss opportunity for them to move up in the rankings but they still a good team.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Love the area coverage! Y'all keep it up!

I will say Rocky Mount by 4 touchdowns or more over Bunn. Bunn's opponents so far this season are 0-11, all three teams they have played so far may not win a game all season unless it's against each other. Rocky Mount on the other hand has played 3 of the best programs in the eastern part of the state and came out with a 3-1 record with wins over Northeastern & Holmes.

Also you won't see Southern Nash get a lot of shutouts ever on defense. In most cases the coaching staff gets 3rd string in on defense as soon as they feel comfortable. They get them in for game experience and to get the players on film so they can show them what they have to improve on. I've been watching Southern play in person on a weekly basis since 2011. I am amazed at the player development from one season to the next.

Lets see what conference play looks like! Let's Go Birds!
Hey Eastwood1 , thanks for watching the show we really appreciate it

I agree Bunn hasn't played anyone this year but they are playing some good football. RM is 3-1 and got blowing out by Tarboro 35-7 . They had great wins against Northeastern, Holmes and that win against Goldsboro was crazy 62-0. I think RM is going to come into this game over confident and maybe not access focus and allow Bunn to hang around. It's going to be a close game ...

You right about SN , I was speaking to another SN alumni this week and he was telling me the same about the defense. How they play the 3rd string on def, I'm hoping they can jump on NC early in the game and not let them hang around like last year score 13-6 . NC is a good time with lots of pride and to them this is a rival game.

But with all that said... LET'S GO BIRDS !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT