ADVERTISEMENT

Grit and Grind : NC State 3A Championship Northern Nash vs East Lincoln

These guys obviously don't know anything about South Point football, KM or East Lincoln. It's ridiculous to predict EL will get blown out by Northern Nash. If there is a blowout it will be the other way.

Here is a little more info about EL for these guys to chew on. They have allowed 7 or less points in 10 out of their last 11 games and the one game they didn't was the 46-20 blowout of #1 seed KM on the road in which the 20 points scored by KM was their lowest total of the season.

They then defeated South Point holding them to their lowest total of the season (their previous low was 20). While EL only scored 14 points in the South Point game it could have been more as they failed to capitalize on several scoring opportunities missing two FGs, turning the ball over on downs at the 7 yd line, and having a pick 6 interception called back on a block in the back penalty on the return. They had 25 first downs to South Point's 13.

Northern Nash is in for a rude awakening if they think they are going to light up the score board on the EL defense led by their two D1 players, Cutter and Walker. EL is a very well coached and balanced team...offense, defense, and special teams. They can beat you in a lot of different ways.

These guys don't represent everyone from the east... If you know anything about HS football then you know how good of a program Southpoint is as well as East Lincoln. Both NN and EL have great defenses so I dont see this being a lopsided outcome but could be wrong. Lets just congratulate these 16-17 year old kids on reaching their goal and let it play out this Saturday night. GO KNIGHTS!

I'll be shocked if NN stays within 21 of East Lincoln. I can't take this serious if you are questioning a (1) loss 11 seed SP team coming out of a conference with KM and doesn't know who Tuscola is. Tells me you have no clue about Western NC football.
Hey SPRedRaider, thank you for your comments we like positive or negative feedback. We cover mostly Eastern NC Football and have been following NN all season. And in our opinion we think NN has a good chances of winning this game no disrespect to East Lincoln fan base. Also, if you are interested one day when we are recording the show you can call in and tell us more about Western NC football so we'll have a better understanding. Respond to this reply and I'll give you my info, also thanks for watching the show!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cocoa74
These guys don't represent everyone from the east... If you know anything about HS football then you know how good of a program Southpoint is as well as East Lincoln. Both NN and EL have great defenses so I dont see this being a lopsided outcome but could be wrong. Lets just congratulate these 16-17 year old kids on reaching their goal and let it play out this Saturday night. GO KNIGHTS!
Hey Hodgead13, thanks for your comments , since we've been covering NN all season we may of gotten a little overboard with this show cause NN is going to the State Championship Game. A course we don't believe it will be a blowout , I think it will be a close game . But when or lose NN had an outstanding year, those young kids put in the work and this is the result. These are life lessons they are learning on the football field , everything may not go your way but you can't give up. And that's what we try to talk about on own our show. So forgive our over the top about NN this week but it's something to celebrate. And if you every want to call in while we recording to talk about NN football reply to this message and I'll give you my info. Thanks for watching the show!!!

Last edited:
These guys obviously don't know anything about South Point football, KM or East Lincoln. It's ridiculous to predict EL will get blown out by Northern Nash. If there is a blowout it will be the other way.

Here is a little more info about EL for these guys to chew on. They have allowed 7 or less points in 10 out of their last 11 games and the one game they didn't was the 46-20 blowout of #1 seed KM on the road in which the 20 points scored by KM was their lowest total of the season.

They then defeated South Point holding them to their lowest total of the season (their previous low was 20). While EL only scored 14 points in the South Point game it could have been more as they failed to capitalize on several scoring opportunities missing two FGs, turning the ball over on downs at the 7 yd line, and having a pick 6 interception called back on a block in the back penalty on the return. They had 25 first downs to South Point's 13.

Northern Nash is in for a rude awakening if they think they are going to light up the score board on the EL defense led by their two D1 players, Cutter and Walker. EL is a very well coached and balanced team...offense, defense, and special teams. They can beat you in a lot of different ways.
Hey Linkman, honestly when my cousin said that I was looking at him sideways ( go back and watch the video)..lol But I totally agree with everything you said. EL has a great defense but NN does as well. The most points they've giving up all year was 22 to 71st last week . I think it will be a good game , it will be close but I feel NN was enough weapons on OFF to hang with EL to keep it close in the 4th qt. Also if you every want to call the show while we're recording to talk to us about South Point Football and help educate us let me know. You can reply to this message and I'll give you our contact information. Thanks for watching the show!!!

Thanks for your reply. I didn't have a problem with you guys predicting a Northern Nash win since they are an undefeated team from the East coming off a huge win over Seventy-First to get to the championship game. However, predicting of a blow out of undefeated East Lincoln was a little over the top.

Most folks in the West felt East Lincoln would go deep into the Western playoffs but that their playoff run would probably end when they ran into Kings Mtn. Then they proved everyone wrong going to KM and completely dominating them in every phase of the game. This championship game will not be too big for them. They will be ready.

I expect it to be a close game between two confident, undefeated teams. May the best team win.

Congratulations to EL coaching staff, AD, student athletes and fans it was a well deserved win ! NN had a great season and we will be celebrated their accomplishment no matter the outcome. The better did team won tonight wish yall the best of luck next season!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT