ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley vs East Forsyth II

RammanuelKant

Aug 27, 2006
EF prevailed 21-20 in October in a nail biter. I said at the time, we'll see them again in December.

I was hoping Glenn would steal us another home game. Oh well down 40 East we come next Friday.

Couldn't have imagined we'd be in this position still having lost 12 kids throughout the season. I still believe there's a certain intangible about having gotten over the proverbial "hump" that makes the journey less daunting psychologically.

We know we'll have to play BETTER than we did in October to get another victory. Will be extremely tough to do.

All boils down to how bad does that East Forsyth defense want to tackle Nora. If they limit him they can win if Nora goes for 250 on them again East Forsyth will lose. Smash mouth playoff football.

Reactions: Veejay4
All boils down to how bad does that East Forsyth defense want to tackle Nora. If they limit him they can win if Nora goes for 250 on them again East Forsyth will lose. Smash mouth playoff football.

Pretty much. That's the game in a nutshell. We neutralize Nora we win. Tall order though. We would have issues if we were healthy. He's a "junkyard dog".

Reactions: Warhead1
East jumped out 21-0 early back in October. Were on their way to making it 28-7 early 3rd but fumbled on the way into the endzone. From there, East ran only a handful of plays the rest of the game as Grimsley continually converted on 3rd and 4th down. Defense made a big stand after the onside kick, but they can't allow Grimsley to control the clock the way they did in that 2nd half next Friday. Have to find a way to put the game on Zellous.

@bumblebee33 you kind of went where I was headed next in my post. I understand we're underdogs as well we should be at the same time we left points on the field and had a touchdown nullified on a penalty.

We very well will have our hands full but they weren't exactly stopping our O either. This is also a different animal Friday night.

This isn't Friday night in the middle of the season instead it's the Regional Final. We found out last year nothing is as routine as a normal Friday night this week or next. Unless you've been through that experience if you aren't careful the moment can get to you.

I'm looking for every advantage possible Friday night. I'm leaning more toward a shootout than a blowout on either end.

First one to 35 wins is more like it.

Carney had his way the first time East and Davie met. Different story in Round 2. Nora is a stud no doubt, but I've followed this program long enough to know the coaches are too good to allow someone to beat them up a second time doing the same thing. Nora will get some because he is their focal point and he is just that good. But the defensive staff will have a game plan to force someone else to beat them. That's the difference this deep in the playoffs, you have to be able to find success when your go to option is taken away. East has proven they can handle it. Will be interesting to see how the Grimsley staff handles the moment. Just my opinion but it seemed like East may have been looking past Ragsdale a little last week. Grimsley will see a fully locked in East team this week. This one will be VERY physical. Who will continue to hit and get hit the longest takes it. Hope the zebras let them play!

Carney had his way the first time East and Davie met. Different story in Round 2. Nora is a stud no doubt, but I've followed this program long enough to know the coaches are too good to allow someone to beat them up a second time doing the same thing. Nora will get some because he is their focal point and he is just that good. But the defensive staff will have a game plan to force someone else to beat them. That's the difference this deep in the playoffs, you have to be able to find success when your go to option is taken away. East has proven they can handle it. Will be interesting to see how the Grimsley staff handles the moment. Just my opinion but it seemed like East may have been looking past Ragsdale a little last week. Grimsley will see a fully locked in East team this week. This one will be VERY physical. Who will continue to hit and get hit the longest takes it. Hope the zebras let them play!

Absolutely. It was said as much about Ragsdale without saying it yet Ragsdale still had to respond and they did.

You're right @bumblebee33 they have EF full attention this week. Hopefully it'll be enough.

Reactions: Wildcats9900
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT