ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley v. Glenn, 3rd Round.

RammanuelKant

Aug 27, 2006
Grimsley battles for a 22-17 win over a tough and well-coached Porter Ridge team. Glenn eeks out a 12-11 victory of Hickory Ridge, a team who had beaten Porter Ridge 51-48. Thoughts?

Going out on a limb and picking Glenn. They sort of mirror Vance. Ferocious D but O sometimes doesn't compliment their D.

Everyone outside of CPC will consider this an upset.

Reactions: Wildcats9900
Going out on a limb and picking Glenn. They sort of mirror Vance. Ferocious D but O sometimes doesn't compliment their D.

I can definitely see Glenn winning... But I think I'm going to go with Grimsley. I wouldn't not be shocked if Glenn squeaks one out though.

Reactions: Veejay4

Glenn Ferocious defense like Vance? Come on you can't be serious. East Forsyth scored 40+ on them and West Forsyth scored 30+ on them. They do have some big time players but are far from ferocious like Vance.

Last edited:
Glenn Ferocious defense like Vance? Come on you can't be serious. East Forsyth scored 40+ on them and West Forsyth scored 30+ on them. They do have some big time players but are far from ferocious like Vance.

Let's try it again. They mirror Vance in their make up. That's what I was alluding to. Haven't seen Vance enough to compare their D to Glenn's.

Also too @Warhead1 understand like any other sport "styles make fights" as they say.

The 2 teams you mentioned WF and EF were able to control the line of scrimmage against Glenn. It speaks more to the dominance of those 2 teams than Glenn isn't a good defense.

Familiarity many times plays a factor when you compete against in conference opponents.

Grimsley maybe the favorite but won't benefit from the familiarity the aforementioned teams see year in and out.

Maybe the most intriguing matchup this Friday.

Reactions: Warhead1
I’m picking Glenn in the upset here. Glenn’s D should keep them in the game and if they can score early, they will win. Grimsley has had a great year and turned their program around but I like the upset here.

Glenn's two quality corners may match up well with a passing team like Ragsdale, but it seems they have given big points to run-first teams like EF and WF. Whirlies' RB Nora and QB Zellous will test their run D. No one has shut both down this year. Come the 4th quarter I see Grimsley prevailing. Special teams and turnovers could be the difference. Weather looks good for Friday.

I said it before and will say it again. Glenn does not have a "Ferocious defense". Their Defense was ferocious against RJ Reynolds but against a team that would line up and run right at them (East, West, and Grimsley) they looked very soft. They have 3 or 4 D-1 players on that defense and was absolutely beat down by Nora and the Grimsley O-line.

I said it before and will say it again. Glenn does not have a "Ferocious defense". Their Defense was ferocious against RJ Reynolds but against a team that would line up and run right at them (East, West, and Grimsley) they looked very soft. They have 3 or 4 D-1 players on that defense and was absolutely beat down by Nora and the Grimsley O-line.

Comprehension is underrated. I'm done my guy. I explained in what context I posted the comment concerning their D and how it relates to football. Anyone that knows football also understands even with a good D if your O doesn't flip the field, sustain drives much less score then you wear your D down. Glenn's D was game all year but teams like WF and EF who are as stout or more at the point of attack wore them down. Can't make it any more simple than that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT