ADVERTISEMENT

Greater Metro 4A Week 6

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
Some big games coming up this week in the GM4

Mooresville. (2-2, 1-0) at Hickory Ridge (3-2, 1-0) -
Mooresville makes their first ever trip to Harrisburg for varsity football. I’m not sure anyone expects this one to be competitive for very long. Hickory Ridge is far better than their record, having played an insane non conference. Mooresville is playing their best ball of the year. If the Blue Devils want to keep it respectable, they will need a mistake free game, and 6’3, 200lb RB Jawarn Howell will have to carry a heck of a load. For HR, just keep doing what your doing. There isn’t a single team in this conference that can hang, come out, take care of business, maybe get some back ups some reps and on your the next.
Mooresville 13 Hickory Ridge 49

Lake Norman (3-1, 0-0) at AL Brown (3-1, 0-1)

Very intriguing match up here. Two teams that want to establish the run first and control the LOS. Just do it in very different ways. Lake Norman is coming off of a good 43-18 win over Mount Pleasant, and they open conference play for themselves with a road trip to AL Brown, who took a tough 48-14 to Hickory Ridge. Expect this to be a lower scoring, right ball game. As I said, both teams will want to control the tempo, control the clock but establishing the run. AL Brown averages 217 a game on the ground. And with LKN running the triple, they pile up the rushing numbers. I will give the triple the slightest of advantages here in this one.
Lake Norman 23 AL Brown 20

Cox Mill (3-2,0-1) at West Cabarrus (1-2(,0-0)

A cab co rivalry sees Cox Mill travel to West Cabarrus to face the Wolverines. Cox Mill comes off of a disappointing 33-14 loss at Mooresville, West Cabarrus had an off week, their game with South Iredell being rescheduled for 10-5. For Cox Mill, penalties. They were BRUTAL for them Friday night. They will need to clean that up. Cox Mills oline struggled a bit to keep the QB from being pressured, West Cabarrus will look to take advantage of that. West Cabarrus last game was a tight 21-14 L to a good Catawba Ridge from SC. West has some good size on the lines. They’ll try to establish the run and I think they’ll have some success doing that.
West Cabarrus 29 Cox Mill 17

Last edited:
I guess on the positive note for Mooresville is their undefeated JVs playing against a good Hickory Ridge team. That one will be a good one to see. As for Varsity I would give HR 3+ TD win.
With Lake Norman n AL Brown, This is a big one. Could determine who could finish 2nd. I do think Mooresville will there for fighting that 2nd spot.
With West Cabarrus n Cox Mill, I look for a good battle but I will give West Cabarrus the win.
As for South Iredell they will take this week off to get healed up and more players back. Hopefully the RB will be back soon.

Last edited:
I guess on the positive note for Mooresville is their undefeated JVs playing against a good Hickory Ridge team. That one will be a good one to see. As for Varsity I would give HR 3+ TD win.
With Lake Norman n AL Brown, This is a big one. Could determine who could finish 2nd. I do think Mooresville will there for fighting that 2nd spot.
With West Cabarrus n Cox Mill, I look for a good battle but I will give West Cabarrus the win.
As for South Iredell they will take this week off to get healed up and more players back. Hopefully the RB will be back soon.
Their JV squad is just as big as the varsity Is. The JV quarterback would be starting on almost any other varsity team.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Our defense on JV is pretty big, and good. The offense has work to do. Especially the line. But they have good size. And a QB that is the real deal and 2 WRs that I assume may get moved to varsity by the end of the year. QB is a sophomore I think the top WR is a freshman for us

I’m interested to see to see how the Lake Norman n AL Brown game turns out. I think that game will be a good one.

Big JV game tonight as Mooresville will play home against Hickory Ridge at 6pm. Could decide the conference. I think it’s going to be a good one.

HR gets the dub in a really competitive game start to finish, 29-18. These two JV teams are really good. Congrats to HR on the garbage time junk score. See ya tomorrow

Seen that West Cabarrus won over Cox Mill in JV 36-16. Any score on the AL Brown n Lake Norman JV game.

Idk why we even attempt FGs when we can’t block anyone.
Blocked FG attempt returned for 6 at the half.
28-13 HR. Unless we play as well defensively as we did in the second quarter, that may be the straw that broke the camels back.

Halftime Scores

HR 28 Mooresville 13. We’ve played really well for a half.

LKN 14 ALB 7…. Exactly what we expected

West Cab 10 Cox Mill 6. Wolverines added a late FG to go up 3.

One thing I will say, as frustrating as some of the mistake are, we continue to get better week after week. And it shows. Plenty of positives to take from that half, no matter how this one ends up

ALB had their chance to steal a win, but throw a int. at the LKN 15 with 4 mins left in the game.

45-19 Hickory ridge

score doesn’t show it but we played really dang well in spells tonight. Ran out of gas late and too many mental mistakes that HR took advantage of.
Should add definitely proud of the team and how they played tonight. HR definitely knew we were there for sure. If we can keep playing like that the rest of the season, we will be just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT