ADVERTISEMENT

Greater Metro 4

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Here are the teams that will make up the Greater Metro 4. Hard to say how this conference will turn out. I will list who I think will be top contenders.

Some of these teams could battle for top positions.
Hickory Ridge, AL Brown, Mooresville, Lake Norman.
Then following West Cabarrus, Cox Mill, South Iredell. I could be wrong but just an early observation.
If anyone wants to guess or know the strength of these teams can list them.

1. Kannapolis
2. Hickory Ridge
3. West Cabarrus
4. Lake Norman
5. Mooresville
6. Cox Mill
7. South Iredell

I did some switching and big change is West Cabarrus moving to 3 and HR moves up to 2 and Brown takes 1st place spot as i had them 2nd in a previous standing. With West Cabarrus HC changing that going be a BIG KEY to see if they get better or stay about the same.

Brown will be young in spots but they return a good core of Offensive players and I think D will be solid but we will see if any of the YOUTH comes into play and O line/D line is always a around see

Hickory Ridge - they will be the toughest team in this conference across every sports and that due to they were in a CLT conference with Butler/MP so they have very good coaches. very good faculties and overall good talent . I dont know how much they lost from last yr but they will be in the mix

West Cabarrus : I dropped them to 3rd due to the coaching change. Also did anyone else leave since Gentry leave is a question but most these player have played under gentry at NWC/WC and also I believe they have get better offensive production and they did return a good core so I cant sleep on them but COACHING change is the BIG ? for me

LKN: It was hard to figure out where LN would fall in lesser tough conference then THE ALL MIGHTY IMECK . LN fall to 4th due to they did lose some of their O line and Defense. They do return a good core as well but there will be some new faces in the mix. I like what LN IS DOING and they could be a FAVORITE to be a DARK HORSE win this conference but only time will tell *(Note: Passing has get more production as well*)

Mooresville: Right now for Mooresville just as last yr , WHO WILL BE THE STARTING QB - CHERRY, ELIKN OR Sebastian; I didnt the rotating QB stuff but it is what is. I would like 1 QB and ride or die with that 1. Mooresville will be YOUTHFUL this year as only SOME RETURN will playing experience on Varsity level. Mooresville JV did well last yr so will see if the young blood can hold it down.

COX MILL : They are my true DARK HORSE but i think they are prob a few years out from being very good. Cox Mill has talent and they have a VERY GOOD upcoming HC now there. I think with Baker he will have them ready. I think Cox Mill has to more aggressive and I think need to be more physical. I always thought they could be one of the better schools within that county but haven't but it all together.

South Iredell: #'s will be KEY FOR SI. South IREDELL talent pool has lessen since the graduating QB in Brady Pope and they have been below par since. They have talent in spot but not everywhere and I think biggest spot they gotta have a STAR is at QB bc if they have a good QB i believe SI can be good. Defense has to improve a little bit at the safety and Corner area. South Iredell will have play well and get better fast if they wanna stay away from being the bottom dweller .

**NOTE: This could change as TIME GETS CLOSER*

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Lake Norman maybe better than I’m giving them credit. I hear they will lose some quality players but not to say they can’t compete for the conference. As for Hickory Ridge they have been solid. But this year team could be different. It will be interesting as to see who wins out.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Lake Norman could be the run to win out the Conference. What does Hickory Ridge have?
Hickory Ridge always has good # , Good coach and they have that CLT experience , I believe HR will be the team in this conference that can match LN, Mooresville since HR was in MP/Butler conference n believe they will be TOUGEHST team across many sports in this conference imo

1. Hickory Ridge
2. Lake Norman
3. AL Brown
4. West Cabarrus
5. Mooresville
6. Cox Mill
7. South Iredell

AL Brown lost their QB and OLB( who committed to NC State) to transfers? Big shoes to fill?

Some good non conference games going for some of these teams. Mooresville will scrimmage West Forsyth then open up to Davie, Hough, West Rowan. Then later in the season they have Providence. Hickory Ridge has a stout non conference schedule. South Iredell may finish at the bottom but they do have a bruiser RB along with a QB with a good arm to pass. They may give some of these teams a run for their money. I don’t see them in the top 5 but I’m cheering them on. Hickory Ridge looks the favorite to win it. Teams like Lake Norman or even Mooresville could challenge them. AL Brown could be a dark horse team to sneak in the top 2. It’s going to be a fun season. I’m ready.

1. Kannapolis
2. Hickory Ridge
3. West Cabarrus
4. Lake Norman
5. Mooresville
6. Cox Mill
7. South Iredell

I did some switching and big change is West Cabarrus moving to 3 and HR moves up to 2 and Brown takes 1st place spot as i had them 2nd in a previous standing. With West Cabarrus HC changing that going be a BIG KEY to see if they get better or stay about the same.

Brown will be young in spots but they return a good core of Offensive players and I think D will be solid but we will see if any of the YOUTH comes into play and O line/D line is always a around see

Hickory Ridge - they will be the toughest team in this conference across every sports and that due to they were in a CLT conference with Butler/MP so they have very good coaches. very good faculties and overall good talent . I dont know how much they lost from last yr but they will be in the mix

West Cabarrus : I dropped them to 3rd due to the coaching change. Also did anyone else leave since Gentry leave is a question but most these player have played under gentry at NWC/WC and also I believe they have get better offensive production and they did return a good core so I cant sleep on them but COACHING change is the BIG ? for me

LKN: It was hard to figure out where LN would fall in lesser tough conference then THE ALL MIGHTY IMECK . LN fall to 4th due to they did lose some of their O line and Defense. They do return a good core as well but there will be some new faces in the mix. I like what LN IS DOING and they could be a FAVORITE to be a DARK HORSE win this conference but only time will tell *(Note: Passing has get more production as well*)

Mooresville: Right now for Mooresville just as last yr , WHO WILL BE THE STARTING QB - CHERRY, ELIKN OR Sebastian; I didnt the rotating QB stuff but it is what is. I would like 1 QB and ride or die with that 1. Mooresville will be YOUTHFUL this year as only SOME RETURN will playing experience on Varsity level. Mooresville JV did well last yr so will see if the young blood can hold it down.

COX MILL : They are my true DARK HORSE but i think they are prob a few years out from being very good. Cox Mill has talent and they have a VERY GOOD upcoming HC now there. I think with Baker he will have them ready. I think Cox Mill has to more aggressive and I think need to be more physical. I always thought they could be one of the better schools within that county but haven't but it all together.

South Iredell: #'s will be KEY FOR SI. South IREDELL talent pool has lessen since the graduating QB in Brady Pope and they have been below par since. They have talent in spot but not everywhere and I think biggest spot they gotta have a STAR is at QB bc if they have a good QB i believe SI can be good. Defense has to improve a little bit at the safety and Corner area. South Iredell will have play well and get better fast if they wanna stay away from being the bottom dweller .

**NOTE: This could change as TIME GETS CLOSER*
These could be a very interesting conference.Should be very competitive.
Here are the teams that will make up the Greater Metro 4. Hard to say how this conference will turn out. I will list who I think will be top contenders.

Some of these teams could battle for top positions.
Hickory Ridge, AL Brown, Mooresville, Lake Norman.
Then following West Cabarrus, Cox Mill, South Iredell. I could be wrong but just an early observation.
If anyone wants to guess or know the strength of these teams can list them.
This should be a very competitive conference

I know we’ve added at least 2 coaches to our staff this year. Coach Amos from Myrtle Beach (I think) and Coach Yow from I believe South Rowan. Heard nothing but good things about both so I’m excited. I like our staff top to bottom right now

Interesting that Coach Yow has change to Mooresville. Also the one from Myrtle Beach. I’m sure they will do great job. I may be wrong but I think Mooresville will be better than expected. I feel like this conference could turn out differently than expected. Time will tell.

I am a Big Daniel Yow Fan, He is the former SR coach and He get a bad rep for not don’t well at SR but a lot of people I know say he is a great coach and I believe he will make Mooresville better. Great Hire!

Ok here is my preseason predictions for this conference.

Hickory Ridge
Lake Norman
Kannaspolis
Mooresville
West Cabarrus
Cox Mill
South Iredell

2-4 could be different
5-7 could be different

1. Hickory Ridge
2. Lake Norman
3. Mooresville
4. A.L. Brown
5. Cox Mill
6. West Cabarrus
7. South Iredell

South Iredell may finish at the very bottom this season but I like what I’m seeing coming back for ‘22. Loaded with good quality Jrs. I seen their RB when he was playing on JV squad his freshman year. I was impressed. Said to myself watch out he is going make a good one. Did really good his Soph year as a Varsity player. He is a jr now. Hard to stop RB. The QB played as a sophomore did past spring but didn’t start until middle of season. He is showing like the kind of QB they need. They will have a couple bruising RBs and as the QB gets better I think we will see South like the days when they were thriving. I think defense will really show lot of progress as well.

1. Hickory Ridge
2. West Cabarrus
3. AL Brown
4. Lake Norman
5. Mooresville
6. Cox Mill (*Dark Horse*)
7. South Iredell

my updated version due to other moves and things learned in the off season

1. Hickory Ridge
2. Lake Norman
3. Mooresville
4. A.L. Brown
5. Cox Mill
6. West Cabarrus
7. South Iredell
I like how you think. I just feel like Mooresville is really talented, but the inexperience will show. Especially early on. Although I’d counter my own argument with I feel like this might be the best staff we’ve had across the board in a while. 3 HC’s on staff…. That kind of knowledge and experience is a blessing really

While I picked Hickory Ridge first, and Lake Norman second, in reality, I think this is a fairly weak conference this year with no real favorites. Outside of a couple of dudes, Hickory Ridge isn't overly talented, Lake Norman will be super young, and Kannapolis will not be loaded with stars either. I think the gap between 1st and 6th is very close.

From what I’m hearing Kanapolis only lost one transfer.

It's weird seeing this conference called the Metro. for many years the main 4A conference in greensboro was the Metro.

I think The real full Name is the Greater Charlotte metro 4A Conference.

I see now.

Greater Metro 4: A.L. Brown, Cox Mill, Hickory Ridge, Lake Norman, Mooresville, South Iredell, West Cabarrus.

Metro: Grimsley, Northern Guilford, Northwest Guilford, Page, Ragsdale, Southeast Guilford, Southwest Guilford, Western Guilford.

Just occurred to me that this is the first time in like 17 years that Mooresville and AL Brown is played as a conference game. That actually kinda surprised me lol

Glad to see Mooresville n AL Brown get back in the conference. My mind goes back to 2001 when they were in together. That year I think it was Andre Allison their WR of AL Brown that was really good. If I’m not mistaken he went to the NFL. I remember seeing that game at Mooresville.

Glad to see Mooresville n AL Brown get back in the conference. My mind goes back to 2001 when they were in together. That year I think it was Andre Allison their WR of AL Brown that was really good. If I’m not mistaken he went to the NFL. I remember seeing that game at Mooresville.
That was him . He played for Minnesota and he has the 3rd longest kickoff return for a TD 104 yards in Minnesota history.

Thanks 84K. Now I’m remembered also RB Chris Carter and Rocky Johnson was on the team. They were a handful.

Heard LKN is having to field a mostly JV team tonight for their season opener. Some unexpected experience for their guys for sure

Well it’s about that time for conference play. AL Brown playing Hickory Ridge, Mooresville playing Cox Mill and South Iredell playing West Cabarrus. Not sure about Lake Norman. Hopefully South can get some of their injured players back soon. Looking forward to conference play. Question is how much will covid effect games being played. It’s going to be interesting.

As expected Hickory Ridge will roll the conference.

Cox Mill and AL Brown I think battle it out for second

West Cabarrus Lake Norman battle it out for 4 and 5

Mooresville and South Iredell battle it out for 6 and 7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT