ADVERTISEMENT

Greater Metro 4 Week 7

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
Providence (1-4) at Mooresville (2-3,1-1)
Mid season non conference showdown has the Providence Panthers making the trip up to Coach Joe Popp Stadium to face the Blue Devils. Providence comes in off of a 20-0 loss to Butler. Mooresville off of a 45-19 loss to Hickory Ridge. Mooresville has been playing well, the offense has found a groove. Costly Penalties and inopportune mistakes in the 3rd qtr allowed the HR game to get away from them. Providence will come in and try to lean on their linemen and establish the run, then they can open up their passing game off of that. This could be a good one. But I lean Providence.
Providence 24, Mooresville 16

West Cabarrus (2-2,1-0) at Lake Norman (4-1,1-0)

Two teams that will establish the run, and play strong defense. Obviously with Lake Norman running the triple, they are very hard to prepare for. West comes into this one off of a 10-6 win over Cox Mill. Lake Norman comes in off of a 14-13 win over AL Brown. Give me Lake Norman at home.
Lake Norman 26, West Cabarrus 14

Cox Mill (3-3,0-2) at AL Brown (3-2,0-1)

Arguably a must win for both of these teams to keep pace for the 2nd place spot. Cox Mill enters off a 10-6 loss to West Cabarrus. AL Brown comes in off a 14-13 defeat to Lake Norman. Cox Mill has some good WRs outside, and a lot of overall team speed. AL Brown will try to establish the run. With a strong front 7, The Wonders will be able to create a lot of pressure on the CM quarterback. I like the Wonders here
AL Brown 35, Cox Mill 21

Hickory Ridge (4-2,2-0) at South Iredell (1-3,0-0)

The Bulls come in off a 45-19 win over Mooresville. South Iredell has had a couple weeks off, and kicks off conference play this week. HR has a very explosive offense, and a QB that can make big plays with both his arm and his feet. South should have their best player back this week at RB (I think), and that could help. HR will have a distinct size and numbers advantage in this one, and I think will just wear South down eventually.
Hickory Ridge 47 South Iredell 14

I agree with Mooresville n Providence being a close game. If Mooresville can put together a complete game I think they have a chance.
Lake Norman n West Cabarrus should be a good one. I will give Lake Norman in this one.
Cox Mill n AL Brown. I think AL Brown will be ready for this game. AL Brown with the win.
Hickory Ridge. n South Iredell. HR as many points as they want. Hopefully South will have their players back. They were low on numbers due to covid and injurys.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I really like you putting out all of the information you do... Kudos you game against Providence is about two teams who have played games above their level.....Providence has losses to South Meck, Mallard Creek, Catholic and Butler... they beat a respectable Chester SC team... ur games against Davie, Hough and HR were above you level. your might find the rest the rest of your conference much easier... a lot of information to be gleamed about the rest of your season by this weeks game.

I really like you putting out all of the information you do... Kudos you game against Providence is about two teams who have played games above their level.....Providence has losses to South Meck, Mallard Creek, Catholic and Butler... they beat a respectable Chester SC team... ur games against Davie, Hough and HR were above you level. your might find the rest the rest of your conference much easier... a lot of information to be gleamed about the rest of your season by this weeks game.
I tend to think Mooresville and Providence both are on similar levels currently. Providence very strong defensively, will look to really establish the run and play off that. Mooresville stronger defensively, but the offense is starting to catch up. Mooresville may be the more athletic team of the 2 here. We have a big time potential D1 receiver, a 6’3 200lb RB that has wheels. And a line that’s getting better each week. This Mooresville v Providence is actually a really fascinating game. And at second glance I think may be closer than I predicted.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I tend to think Mooresville and Providence both are on similar levels currently. Providence very strong defensively, will look to really establish the run and play off that. Mooresville stronger defensively, but the offense is starting to catch up. Mooresville may be the more athletic team of the 2 here. We have a big time potential D1 receiver, a 6’3 200lb RB that has wheels. And a line that’s getting better each week. This Mooresville v Providence is actually a really fascinating game. And at second glance I think may be closer than I predicted.

So you are saying I may need to change my score. 😂

Providence (1-4) at Mooresville (2-3,1-1)
Mid season non conference showdown has the Providence Panthers making the trip up to Coach Joe Popp Stadium to face the Blue Devils. Providence comes in off of a 20-0 loss to Butler. Mooresville off of a 45-19 loss to Hickory Ridge. Mooresville has been playing well, the offense has found a groove. Costly Penalties and inopportune mistakes in the 3rd qtr allowed the HR game to get away from them. Providence will come in and try to lean on their linemen and establish the run, then they can open up their passing game off of that. This could be a good one. But I lean Providence.
Providence 24, Mooresville 16

West Cabarrus (2-2,1-0) at Lake Norman (4-1,1-0)

Two teams that will establish the run, and play strong defense. Obviously with Lake Norman running the triple, they are very hard to prepare for. West comes into this one off of a 10-6 win over Cox Mill. Lake Norman comes in off of a 14-13 win over AL Brown. Give me Lake Norman at home.
Lake Norman 26, West Cabarrus 14

Cox Mill (3-3,0-2) at AL Brown (3-2,0-1)

Arguably a must win for both of these teams to keep pace for the 2nd place spot. Cox Mill enters off a 10-6 loss to West Cabarrus. AL Brown comes in off a 14-13 defeat to Lake Norman. Cox Mill has some good WRs outside, and a lot of overall team speed. AL Brown will try to establish the run. With a strong front 7, The Wonders will be able to create a lot of pressure on the CM quarterback. I like the Wonders here
AL Brown 35, Cox Mill 21

Hickory Ridge (4-2,2-0) at South Iredell (1-3,0-0)

The Bulls come in off a 45-19 win over Mooresville. South Iredell has had a couple weeks off, and kicks off conference play this week. HR has a very explosive offense, and a QB that can make big plays with both his arm and his feet. South should have their best player back this week at RB (I think), and that could help. HR will have a distinct size and numbers advantage in this one, and I think will just wear South down eventually.
Hickory Ridge 47 South Iredell 14
Mooresville 26 Providence 20
Lake Norman 28 West Cabarrus 14
AL Brown 21 Cox Mill 23
HR 56 SI 12

Well I wil reserve my thoughts until I get more analysis.....

One might say that Providence has played better defense then Hickory ridge..

is this the first time Mooresville and Providence have faced off in football? I’m trying to think of a time that the two have met, and I’m not thinking of one. At least not since I’ve lived in NC anyways.

Final
Mooresville 12
Providence 0

Also tomorrow’s game has been postponed. No reason given but I assume one of the teams is in covid protocols

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
high school has been called off for tomorrow due to threat of violence. less than half of the students attended today so they announced virtual only classes for tomorrow.

Which school was it.

Cox mill won. I think 36-0 kannapolis JV hasn’t scored 28 points all year.

Wow. Looks like they having a bad year. South Iredell JV might have a chance against them.

I do know there are some sophomores and a freshmen playing on the varsity so hopefully there’s no lean years coming.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
JV - cox mill 36 Kann 22, as kann scored on the last play of the game. At the start of the yr, i believe the kann varsity had around 37 players (19 sr, 18 jr) or so, moved up 8 sophs, and 5 freshman with adm numbers around (1600?) but if you watch the games each friday 85% of the players playing are jr and sr's.. and a ton are going both ways, depth is a real concern. With no middle school ball last yr and being the only high school in the town, times are a catching up with them,, this already happen to concord about 5-6 yrs ago with about 9 other schools around concord, to be honest there adm numbers (1240?) are i would guess 100-200 from being 2A.. The area now and the future around the city of concord and kannapolis is and has become the Hickory Ridge and soon to be West Cabarrus Land. Just my take

Reactions: 84k and Vik-Val 86
JV - cox mill 36 Kann 22, as kann scored on the last play of the game. At the start of the yr, i believe the kann varsity had around 37 players (19 sr, 18 jr) or so, moved up 8 sophs, and 5 freshman with adm numbers around (1600?) but if you watch the games each friday 85% of the players playing are jr and sr's.. and a ton are going both ways, depth is a real concern. With no middle school ball last yr and being the only high school in the town, times are a catching up with them,, this already happen to concord about 5-6 yrs ago with about 9 other schools around concord, to be honest there adm numbers (1240?) are i would guess 100-200 from being 2A.. The area now and the future around the city of concord and kannapolis is and has become the Hickory Ridge and soon to be West Cabarrus Land. Just my take
Guess I was given the wrong score.

South Iredell will have a tough stretch. They have Hickory Ridge tonight, then will have to get ready for West Cabarrus on Tuesday Oct 5. Then will travel to Mooresville on Friday. Hopefully South will have some players back.

South Iredell will have a tough stretch. They have Hickory Ridge tonight, then will have to get ready for West Cabarrus on Tuesday Oct 5. Then will travel to Mooresville on Friday. Hopefully South will have some players back.
Good news for y’all is we play Monday and Friday so you guys won’t be at a huge disadvantage in that regard

Score updates:

West Cabarrus 3
Lake Norman 7 HALF

Hickory Ridge 35
South Iredell 0. HALF

AL Brown 3
Cox Mill 7. 3Q

I’m sure Hickory Ridge put their reserves in early but still more respectable score than I thought.

Covid issues at Kannapolis.A few players did not make the trip to Cox mill including the starting QB.Hope these players get better soon.

I did read where South RB played last night. 22 carries and 156 yards with 1 score. 1st time back since 1st quarter of Statesville game. Also they are back more to full strength since start of season. Still maybe 5 or 6 needed back. Hopefully they can pull out a win or 2 yet. We will see.

Covid issues at Kannapolis.A few players did not make the trip to Cox mill including the starting QB.Hope these players get better soon.

I heard they hope to get them back this Friday. Without the starting QB kann. is in trouble. I’m not knotting the backup QB he is a sophomore and he is not ready to start right now. CM new he couldn’t throw the ball and they stacked the box and dared him to throw.

From what I was told the QB as of now does not have COVID it was he’s mom so he had to be Quarantine.

Had 3 starts out last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT