ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Grady Lawson passes away

I always enjoyed seeing Grady out at the games. He gave so much to the baseball programs at ER/Post 81. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the ER/Post 81 community.

From the Western Forsyth Post 522 our thoughts and prayers are with Grady’s family and the Eastern Randolph Community.

Sportsnut17 I was going to let you know and well got busy and didn't get it up as fast as you did. I knew you would want to know. Sorry for my tardiness.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
thekidd12 did you play for Grady? Didn't know him personally. His name is well know in the baseball community and Randolph co. Read the courier-tribune article and it sounds like he saw the big picture which was the kids. That's awesome.

thekidd12 did you play for Grady? Didn't know him personally. His name is well know in the baseball community and Randolph co. Read the courier-tribune article and it sounds like he saw the big picture which was the kids. That's awesome.
Technically Grady was more fundraiser/player finder than a coach. Always beating the bushes for both. Didn't know how important the money side was until he asked me to coach junior legion a few years ago.

Harold Kivett was the coach when I played. Way back in the stone ages of 1981-82. If you search hard on the internet you can find that team and if not for Cherryville and their center fielder would have been one of ER's best years. Still kinda was. Despite who was playing 3rd/SS for them. ;)

Hate to hear about Grady passing. He is a very good man and glad to call him a friend for many years. One of the guys who cared for the kids and put them first no matter what. Grady's dedication to their program and community is something that we should all strive to do. He worked hard to make it better for countless people as the article stated. I'll miss you, Grady Lawson, but thankful for the good memories of the life you lived and the legacy that you leave!

my dad was world war 2 vt, he passed away , 12-12-2017 , the last legion game he saw was at the jr tournament in Mocksville July 18.2017 he had a military service,with motorcycles in the service from church to the cemetery . they gave mom a usa flag

my dad was world war 2 vt, he passed away , 12-12-2017 , the last legion game he saw was at the jr tournament in Mocksville July 18.2017 he had a military service,with motorcycles in the service from church to the cemetery . they gave mom a usa flag

Sorry for your loss!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT