ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Cooper says.....

XChamp15

Jan 21, 2015
We can play football this fall if CrestRulz will just wear a mask.

seriously, he said it’s up to individual school districts. So, more waiting.

Reactions: UNC91
Ec6OrvSXoAAl-X-

So, 3 paragraphs to say “We haven’t figured out what to do yet. Stay tuned”

You would have thought that they would have three "canned" replies, one for each contingency, ready to publish upon which course of action the Gov chose.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
May have thrown them a curve with Plan B and systems able to choose Plan C. Until they know what that mixture looks like, it’s hard to make decisions. And they really may not know until parents make choices.
Here’s an example. For the last couple of years, Thomasville has had about 26 kids on varsity and less than twenty on JV halfway through the season. Lose a dozen kids because their parents want to start the year online and it’s tough to have a team...certainly two squads.
All of that is still fluid at this point. Making decisions that affect hundreds of schools with different plans is a huge challenge.

Agree. Since decisions are left up to individual school districts, some conferences could be gutted. Imagine ifGaston County schools chose to remote learning only. No fall sports. It also impacts Cleveland County schools Crest and KM. A lot of ramifications for NCHSAA to consider.

Guilford county schools are looking toward remote. Plan C

Last edited:

Scared clowns. Onslow Co will head back to school beginning next month. Football has been practicing for weeks and looking good. You clowns pushing the fake media pushed covidflu please sign off, hide inside your house and pray your god will save you hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Walmart has announced that it will require masks at all stores nationally on July 20th. They will have “health ambassadors” stationed at the door to help ensure compliance. Kohl’s and Kroger followed suit with the same policy.

The pandemic has created at least 3 new retail jobs.

1- counter at the door
2- buggy cleaner
3- now health ambassadors

high skilled, high paying jobs.

Reactions: UNC91
Think about this. Walmart knows they’ll get a lot of pushback on this move. And probably lose a lot of business. But if the largest retailer in America is doing it, they must think it’s important. And Walmart has never been known to be particularly liberal.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
No... Walmart is just doing that to try to save face somewhat at this point. Albeit, a little late. Everyone since the start of this has used their store being open and packed the whole time as a particular example as to why this virus has possibly kept spreading so bad. This is nothing more than a PR stunt that they think will hopefully help out come lawsuit time in the near future. If they really cared then the largest physical retailer in the world would've enacted this policy before July 20th. Lol.

Last edited:
Think about this. Walmart knows they’ll get a lot of pushback on this move. And probably lose a lot of business. But if the largest retailer in America is doing it, they must think it’s important. And Walmart has never been known to be particularly liberal.

The Walton family, who owns walmart, might be some of the most crooked, scum pos to live on this earth. What they did to every small town in America is a damn shame. Please educate yourself on walmart... they are behind all this covidflu. Wal-Mart made trillions while many Americans cant afford food during this media pushed pandemic

So I know we are assuming but if the state says sports are a go, the districts that are doing remote learning only can they play? That is the way things are going in GA. Paulding County GA is remote learning only and sports are full bore

So I know we are assuming but if the state says sports are a go, the districts that are doing remote learning only can they play? That is the way things are going in GA. Paulding County GA is remote learning only and sports are full bore
I’d be surprised. Issues of getting kids to practice in some systems is huge, and transportation to games would be very difficult. Many systems simply don’t have the funds to make it viable.

I don't think its happening. Teachers are starting to whine and buck. Their union or in NC, "association" is working on an attempted money grab a la Cali. I really don't understand how a country can expect truck drivers and grocery store stockers to be "on the front lines" yet give teachers who are college educated professionals, ostensibly, a pass. Most other countries in the Western world are going back to real school. Apparently there is enough "science" for Germany and Sweden but not in the USA. We talk a lot lately about social justice and economic opportunity but how are the inner city kids and the rural- way out in the boonie- kids going to accomplish online learning with no or slow internet, lack of access to school materials, and no help from parents, grandparents, or whoever is raising them? The educational establishment sees a hole right now but they might just overplay their hand if they aren't careful. Homeschooling, private school, and neighborhood learning co-ops will take a bite out of their dollars per student. AAU will be circling like a hawk if school athletic budgets get decimated to where they can't recover.

The only problem with Plan C is parents ensuring that their child goes online to do the required class work. My wife just retired from teaching after 31 years and you would not believe the excuses that were made by the parents this past school year as to why the child was not able to do the school work online. Especially at the high school level, the student/teacher interaction is very critical as the student eventually progresses on to college. Some teachers that my wife is good friends with said that the greater percentage of students did not even make the effort to do the class work online. I guess they thought it was vacation time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT