ADVERTISEMENT

Good job NCHSAA.

Mavrick69

Feb 25, 2018
Burnsville NC
I just wanted to say thank you to the NCHSAA for the good job they did on the State Championship Basketball Games I watched 3 games on tv from Reynolds Collisum and my son was there and he said the atmosphere was increable also a shout out to the referees and the tv broadcast it was great I'm the first one to criticize the NCHSAA when they get something wroung but they deserve credit for the showcase of our High School Athletes and the Schools they represent again thanks to all involved a job well done..

Reynolds is awesome for state title games. Very few seats available for the 4A boys game. Atmosphere was impressive!

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I just wanted to say thank you to the NCHSAA for the good job they did on the State Championship Basketball Games I watched 3 games on tv from Reynolds Collisum and my son was there and he said the atmosphere was increable also a shout out to the referees and the tv broadcast it was great I'm the first one to criticize the NCHSAA when they get something wroung but they deserve credit for the showcase of our High School Athletes and the Schools they represent again thanks to all involved a job well done..

I am really liking the TV deal with Sinclair--hoping it gets renewed.

I hate to be the one to complain and don’t get me wrong, I loved watching the game. BUT watching Murphy girls vs E Surry at Lenior Ryne was lacking. A lot of times through out the game the play was going on at one end of the court but the camera was not following the game and showed the empty side of the court. Again this happened often. Also they had to of been at least 4 people announcing the game and were talking and mumbling over each other. I have enjoyed watching the NCHSAA Football games televised but watching this basketball game on NFHS Network was disappointing

I hate to be the one to complain and don’t get me wrong, I loved watching the game. BUT watching Murphy girls vs E Surry at Lenior Ryne was lacking. A lot of times through out the game the play was going on at one end of the court but the camera was not following the game and showed the empty side of the court. Again this happened often. Also they had to of been at least 4 people announcing the game and were talking and mumbling over each other. I have enjoyed watching the NCHSAA Football games televised but watching this basketball game on NFHS Network was disappointing

I agree about the NFHS broadcast of the East Surry Murphy game. Missed several key plays because the camera was on the wrong end of the court, and the announcers didn't do their research. Couldnt figure out which mascot went with which school, kept talking about Murphy like they were some huge Cinderella because they were 43rd in state--obviously looking at the all class ranking and not the 1A ranking. Spent a good chunk of the 4th quarter debating which schools had a 704 area code instead of talking about the great game in front of them. That said, I was happy to have it since I couldn't make the trip. And the state finals broadcasts on My40 and AntennaTV were a lot better.

I agree about the NFHS broadcast of the East Surry Murphy game. Missed several key plays because the camera was on the wrong end of the court, and the announcers didn't do their research. Couldnt figure out which mascot went with which school, kept talking about Murphy like they were some huge Cinderella because they were 43rd in state--obviously looking at the all class ranking and not the 1A ranking. Spent a good chunk of the 4th quarter debating which schools had a 704 area code instead of talking about the great game in front of them. That said, I was happy to have it since I couldn't make the trip. And the state finals broadcasts on My40 and AntennaTV were a lot better.
Yes sir, all the above especially the 704 area code. Lol. I also felt they leaned a lot towards E Surry but I just think they didn’t prepare for the game. Like I said the football championship was very professional and you could tell they had prepared before the game.

The commentators are usually really bad. They need to find individuals who care about doing research and prepping to call an enjoyable game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT