ADVERTISEMENT

"Good Enough"

Knight-of-old

Sep 22, 2009
How is this so quiet on here about this one? Nobody seems to want to say much.

Has Robbinsville gotten "Good Enough" to do it twice in one season?

Did Gentry really say "as long as I am the coach we will never lose to Robbinsville again"?
I have herd from several reliable sources from Murphy that it was said!!!

This one is going Good!!!!

Seems like they proved they were good enough the first time, right?

The question is has Murphy healed up enough and made the proper adjustments to take the Knights down when it counts the most?

Gal, its pins and needles around here. There is real hate and discontent here. We want this one bad!!!!

Just hope the dogs dont come out like they did against us in 87 after we beat them in the season for the SMC crown. They came out in the playoffs and Mr. Pickens and company laid the smack down on us. Oh yeah that year it was the 3rd round also...

The puppies don't have a Pickens any more. It would be almost impossible to match them if they did. If he could not run around you he would jump over you. Freak of Nature.

"highlanders are coming down on their own."
"Ay, in flocks of hundreds and thousands."
"Are you ready for a war?"

I assure you Gentry has never said that...he has been doing this for too long to make a remark like that and anyone who knows Gentry and knows football knows he wouldnt say that period.

Lol it makes for good bulletin board material, but that's about it. It's going to be a great atmosphere and game, but don't bog it down with silly rumors.

I have heard a lot from the Murphy posters putting Robbinsville and these kids down. Gentry and his antics about his hatred for Robbinsville. This is a post with a lot of truth in it. So litsen up.
The truth is that Robbinsville, Hayesville, Rosman, Andrews & Cherokee is not going to be able to compete with Murphy and Swain on a consistent basis. History has proven that. Even before the realignment it was a big deal for us to beat Murphy, Swain, Sylva-Webster or Franklin. Many of those State Championship years posted one or more losses to one of these teams. So when we have one of these years we are thrilled. Murphy and Swain have a decisive advantage by the size of the schools, not pulling the numbers card, but facts.
We have had some teams over the past few years to beat Murphy & Swain or play for State, but didn't work out. 2010, 02 or 03, 1999 & 93. Lost some heartbreakers, even some by 1 point. This year has been special and I for one am proud to be a Black Knight Fan and former player. I have listned to all of the haters on here cry about dirty play, cheap shots and so forth all year. All of these teams in the SMC is guilty of this. We have to litsen to being called inbreds, racist and so forth all of the time and I for one am tired of it. There are bad apples in every community.
We have an excellent academic school where we have several every year earn big scholarships to go to major schools. Our Athletic program cares more about just football. We have a succsessful Wrestling, Cross Country, Basketball, Track, etc. programs that we are very proud of. Ask Gentry why Murphy's Cross Country program cannot afford to give out medals at their home meet or why they cannot go to Saturday meets to help their team. Because it is not Football, no football players are involved and he don't care.
Now let me tell all of you what this season has meant to Graham County. We have had a year where we saw 400 jobs dissappear with Stanley Shutting down. A lot of families will be having a sad Christmas this year. But since late August on Friday nights we have been able to make it down to Big Oaks Stadium, the lights on and watch a very special group of kids have an exceptional year. They are playing with pride, heart and determination unlike in recent years. Yes, they are playing to win, undefeated thus far, and hoping for another State Title, but they are also giving a community hope knowing even though things are not great right now, we can prevail. First undefeated regular season since 1980, first outright conference title sin 1999. So yes, we are proud.
So Friday KNIGHT, Look up in the home stands, see the bleachers packed, a community united for one purpose, To see this group of kids prevail once again over the mighty Bulldogs, clearing the path to get one step further to State. So say all you want, hate all you want, but when you come to Big Oaks this Friday, be ready to see a team determained to win, not only for them, but for their community. I feel bad for any teams that dares to stand in their way. Praying for all to be safe and injury free. Chew on these apples for a while and lets see what you have to say.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I like apples. As for your post not sure where alot of it is coming from but more power to ya. Regarding the numbers thing can't argue with it but also can't have it both ways. If one of the big two beats you it is because we were way bigger. If you beat one of the big two it is hahahaha. As far as numbers go I don't think you ever hear anyone other than a few in the list you mentioned complain about numbers even in out of conference or playoff match-ups. For example have you heard one Swain poster say anything about the enrollment size of the team they are playing this week? Oh wait...I just did. Dang it.

ALot of times on these boards words and intent get misread. These are public forums. You can post, you can read, or whatever. You often times will read things that upset you. In the end it is all fodder for entertainment.

Originally posted by bkfan87:
I have heard a lot from the Murphy posters putting Robbinsville and these kids down. Gentry and his antics about his hatred for Robbinsville. This is a post with a lot of truth in it. So litsen up.
The truth is that Robbinsville, Hayesville, Rosman, Andrews & Cherokee is not going to be able to compete with Murphy and Swain on a consistent basis. History has proven that. Even before the realignment it was a big deal for us to beat Murphy, Swain, Sylva-Webster or Franklin. Many of those State Championship years posted one or more losses to one of these teams. So when we have one of these years we are thrilled. Murphy and Swain have a decisive advantage by the size of the schools, not pulling the numbers card, but facts.
We have had some teams over the past few years to beat Murphy & Swain or play for State, but didn't work out. 2010, 02 or 03, 1999 & 93. Lost some heartbreakers, even some by 1 point. This year has been special and I for one am proud to be a Black Knight Fan and former player. I have listned to all of the haters on here cry about dirty play, cheap shots and so forth all year. All of these teams in the SMC is guilty of this. We have to litsen to being called inbreds, racist and so forth all of the time and I for one am tired of it. There are bad apples in every community.
We have an excellent academic school where we have several every year earn big scholarships to go to major schools. Our Athletic program cares more about just football. We have a succsessful Wrestling, Cross Country, Basketball, Track, etc. programs that we are very proud of. Ask Gentry why Murphy's Cross Country program cannot afford to give out medals at their home meet or why they cannot go to Saturday meets to help their team. Because it is not Football, no football players are involved and he don't care.
Now let me tell all of you what this season has meant to Graham County. We have had a year where we saw 400 jobs disappear with Stanley Shutting down. A lot of families will be having a sad Christmas this year. But since late August on Friday nights we have been able to make it down to Big Oaks Stadium, the lights on and watch a very special group of kids have an exceptional year. They are playing with pride, heart and determination unlike in recent years. Yes, they are playing to win, undefeated thus far, and hoping for another State Title, but they are also giving a community hope knowing even though things are not great right now, we can prevail. First undefeated regular season since 1980, first outright conference title sin 1999. So yes, we are proud.
So Friday KNIGHT, Look up in the home stands, see the bleachers packed, a community united for one purpose, To see this group of kids prevail once again over the mighty Bulldogs, clearing the path to get one step further to State. So say all you want, hate all you want, but when you come to Big Oaks this Friday, be ready to see a team determined to win, not only for them, but for their community. I feel bad for any teams that dares to stand in their way. Praying for all to be safe and injury free. Chew on these apples for a while and lets see what you have to say.
87, most honest and one of the best posts have read all year.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Originally posted by bkfan87:
Now let me tell all of you what this season has meant to Graham County. We have had a year where we saw 400 jobs dissappear with Stanley Shutting down. A lot of families will be having a sad Christmas this year. But since late August on Friday nights we have been able to make it down to Big Oaks Stadium, the lights on and watch a very special group of kids have an exceptional year. They are playing with pride, heart and determination unlike in recent years. Yes, they are playing to win, undefeated thus far, and hoping for another State Title, but they are also giving a community hope knowing even though things are not great right now, we can prevail. First undefeated regular season since 1980, first outright conference title sin 1999. So yes, we are proud.
So Friday KNIGHT, Look up in the home stands, see the bleachers packed, a community united for one purpose, To see this group of kids prevail once again over the mighty Bulldogs, clearing the path to get one step further to State. So say all you want, hate all you want, but when you come to Big Oaks this Friday, be ready to see a team determained to win, not only for them, but for their community. I feel bad for any teams that dares to stand in their way. Praying for all to be safe and injury free. Chew on these apples for a while and lets see what you have to say.
Only thing I will say is idk where a Murphy poster has put down any of Robbinsvilles players. Outside of the one immature player who thought is was the 1960's, I don't think a murphy poster on here has said one negative thing about a Robbinsville player. I'm glad that Robbinsville has had this team to get behind and pull for. I agree it has given the town some hope. This game is nothing less than what everyone has anticipated before the season even began. All parties involved know what is at stake. It's going to be a great game, maybe even a classic. You feel bad for anyone that gets in Robbinsvilles way? Lol what about those getting in the way of the defending state champions? I'm not gonna get on here and try to get into a pissing contest. I'm looking forward to seeing my family for the second time this year, and then traveling to Graham County Friday night to see a great game. But don't get on here and sling mud. It just makes you look bad. Happy Thanksgiving!

Originally posted by gal durnit:
I like apples. As for your post not sure where alot of it is coming from but more power to ya. Regarding the numbers thing can't argue with it but also can't have it both ways. If one of the big two beats you it is because we were way bigger. If you beat one of the big two it is hahahaha. As far as numbers go I don't think you ever hear anyone other than a few in the list you mentioned complain about numbers even in out of conference or playoff match-ups. For example have you heard one Swain poster say anything about the enrollment size of the team they are playing this week? Oh wait...I just did. Dang it.

ALot of times on these boards words and intent get misread. These are public forums. You can post, you can read, or whatever. You often times will read things that upset you. In the end it is all fodder for entertainment.
Agreed

Gentry and his antics about his hate for Robbinsville? Did we not just clear up the fact that he never said anything about never losing to Robbinsville? So I dont know what that long rant was for...I think the only people saying things about your players is people in Robbinsville who think everybody is out to get them. You want respect? Act like you have been there before. Even if you havent still act like it because on the football field those sympathy cords are rammed into the grass.

I don't for 1 minute think Coach Gentry ever said such a thing. He and the Bulldogs have had a great record vs the Knights but I never sensed any hatred that way. Mainly it's been respect to a great Robbinsville tradition and legacy. Never been his style to trash talk in the newspapers. Coach Walsh is a great guy and has done a tremendous job with the Knights and everyone in Graham County should rightly be proud of their team. People in Murphy deserve to be proud of their team and they are! Both programs have been successful and are above such shenanigans.

the question is Murphy "good enough" to go to Big Oaks and win will be answered fri night. The question is Robbinsville "good enough" to beat Murphy twice will also be answered fri night.

For Murphy to rebound after such an onslaught of injuries and turn into a really good team is a testament to the heart of those boys, the success of the coaching staff and a nod to Bulldog tradition of next man up. People in Murphy are rightly PROUD of our team for getting off the mat and turning themselves into an awesome team. No amount of made up nonsense will change that.

Gal the 87 Murphy/Swain rematch was 2nd round at Swain. Dogs played Rosman 3rd round and E Montgomery in 4th round.

yes it was Gal and 1 of the 2 coldest games Ive seen Murphy play along with E Surry in 08 second round. The frigid 30 mph winds from the North Pole was brutal that night.

Originally posted by dogman35:
Gentry and his antics about his hate for Robbinsville? Did we not just clear up the fact that he never said anything about never losing to Robbinsville? So I dont know what that long rant was for...I think the only people saying things about your players is people in Robbinsville who think everybody is out to get them. You want respect? Act like you have been there before. Even if you havent still act like it because on the football field those sympathy cords are rammed into the grass.
Respect Dog, We have been there before, and earned respect. "Good Enough"

Originally posted by knine1:

I don't for 1 minute think Coach Gentry ever said such a thing. He and the Bulldogs have had a great record vs the Knights but I never sensed any hatred that way. Mainly it's been respect to a great Robbinsville tradition and legacy. Never been his style to trash talk in the newspapers. Coach Walsh is a great guy and has done a tremendous job with the Knights and everyone in Graham County should rightly be proud of their team. People in Murphy deserve to be proud of their team and they are! Both programs have been successful and are above such shenanigans.

Right, knine1 Gentry runs a class act program over there. He would never say anything like that.

"DEFWU"
"GATA"
"the Real State Champions"

and these are just some tee shirt slogans Murphy's classy program has printed. I am sure there is nothing but respect for a great Robbinsville tradition and legacy, ever come out of his mouth.

You are ridiculous....because someone from Robbinsville knows our coach who has been here for over 20 years better than us....excuse us please continue on your omniscient knowledge of Coach Gentry and our program...im getting out my pen and paper now.

(T-shirts? that's your rock solid evidence?
laugh.r191677.gif
and that is why people sometimes give Robbinsville a hard time)

This post was edited on 11/25 2:24 PM by dogman35

It seems to me that you knight fans need to look in the mirror when you talk about being disrespected! There are a handful on here who hate Murphy and do nothing but post hateful comments about Gentry and the Dogs, and it has been going on for years! I'm glad you hate it for any team that gets in Robbinsville's way. Maybe Gentry will just call up your coach and cancel the dang game now! Thanks for the warning.

In all seriousness, the DOGS are coming and coming HARD this Friday night! The mighty knights better be as ready as you say they are!

Back to the game…Let's talk a little more X's and O's and less of the political BS…

After watching the first game biggest question has to be Murphy's defense. Can they get off the field?

Originally posted by oldman63:

Back to the game…Let's talk a little more X's and O's and less of the political BS…

After watching the first game biggest question has to be Murphy's defense. Can they get off the field?
They have been playing well since the rville game. Held Swain under 50 yards on the ground. They have been forcing a ton of turnovers and have been swarming to the ball and tackling well.

I heard Puccio has a bone crunching hit last week...

I know the wood will be flying from both sides Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT