ADVERTISEMENT

Glenn vs Myers Park

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
Glenn won in a defense struggle with Providence. Myers Park defeated Mooresville, but don't how that game played our. Should be a good game to watch. Any thoughts?

This should be a good game. Glenn has a good QB. I’m taking Glenn in this one for a close game.

Glenn losses were against Chambers and East Forsyth. Very solid teams this year. OT lost against EF 44-38 and Chambers pulled away 4th quarter, ending in 30-6 ball game. Myers Park loses against Nationally ranked Buford, undefeated Hough and South Meck. Not a lot Glenn will show that MP hasn't seen already. I'll take MP in a close one.

Glenn losses were against Chambers and East Forsyth. Very solid teams this year. OT lost against EF 44-38 and Chambers pulled away 4th quarter, ending in 30-6 ball game. Myers Park loses against Nationally ranked Buford, undefeated Hough and South Meck. Not a lot Glenn will show that MP hasn't seen already. I'll take MP in a close one.
A damn psychic

What a game. I didn't have a dog in the fight, so it was fun just to sit back and watch. The back and forth was great and there were some really good playmakers on the field.

East Forsyth vs Glenn in round 3 should be epic; I just hate too see that the CPC conference has to knock out one of its own next round.
East Forsyth seed was so wrong for everybody who has to play them. Seriously, nobody has scored on them in the playoffs. Poor Ardrey Kell went from scoring 63 to a freaking donut. Glenn can play any type of game; a 7-3 dragged out defensive battle or a 54-53 shootout. Glenn overcame 5 first half turnovers(2 went for TDs) to win... Back to the 336!

Last edited:
East Forsyth vs Glenn in round 3 should be epic; I just hate too see that the CPC conference has to knock out one of its own out next round.
East Forsyth seed was so wrong for everybody who has to play them. Seriously, nobody has scored on them in the playoffs. Poor Ardrey Kell went from scoring 63 to a freaking donut. Glenn can play any type of game; a 7-3 dragged out defensive battle or a 54-53 shootout. Glenn overcame 5 first half turnovers(2 went for TDs) to win... Back to the 336!
Ardrey Kells energy on the bulletin board material didn't match that energy tonight. I wonder how overrated they think EF is now? 😉

East Forsyth vs Glenn in round 3 should be epic; I just hate too see that the CPC conference has to knock out one of its own next round.
I agree with you.. They should have teams from conferences set apart and a limited to how many teams one conference can have.

I agree with you.. They should have teams from conferences set apart and a limited to how many teams one conference can have.
To keep teams from playing one another you would have to reseed weekly which would be fun BUT what happens when that structure causes two very high seeded teams to play instead of the natural seeds?

Too many teams in the playoffs just as when they subdivided and the RPI used this year was ridiculous. Go back to Max Preps and include the margin of victory up to 21 points.

Can someone in the Winston Salem viewing area tell me if this was the MY48 TV game of the week?. Last week it was East Forsyth vs SE Guilford.

To keep teams from playing one another you would have to reseed weekly which would be fun BUT what happens when that structure causes two very high seeded teams to play instead of the natural seeds?

Too many teams in the playoffs just as when they subdivided and the RPI used this year was ridiculous. Go back to Max Preps and include the margin of victory up to 21 points.
quite frankly, I would throw away the seeds and create the playoffs the old fashion way and make winning a conference meaningful again. I might also eliminate one round but we know that revenue drop would never be given any consideration.

That's what Ardrey Kell barked all last week and it took the refs and their yellow hankies to keep 30+ off the board on them.

Someone in the crowd said the refs wasn't going to allow them to get blown out.

I guess a shut out just had to suffice.
I'm curious as to what the game's head ref in the stands supervising had to say about it.

Reactions: Veejay4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT