ADVERTISEMENT

Glenn FB Asst Job

GlennFB

Mar 9, 2017
Glenn High School is looking for assistant football coaches for next season. Both sides of the ball will be considered. Teaching positions are TBD at this time. Interested coaches please email head football coach Antwon Stevenson: Cover letter and resume. rastevenson@wsfcs.k12.nc.us

Rumors going around that the Glenn OC may be leaving for a better job. If this rumor is true the team he is going to would be an instant top 5 contender for the state championship with the talent they have coming back.

Last edited:
Word on the streets is he isn't the only one leaving. That will be interesting to see in the next month. You have an offense that excels under a new coordinator who would be a steal for any high school as a Head Coach. Some aren't valued as they should. Offense excelled the last 2 seasons, while defense and special teams did not...

I'm from Clemmons . My nephew plays for West Forsyth . The rumors going around the county is that Kevin Wallace is leaving for a better OC job in the county. The other coach that may possibly leave is the other offensive coach , Coach Honeycutt . No clue where he may land but I've heard good things about him from people at West. Should be interesting to see how it all happens but if Glenn loses the 2 offensive minds on staff, I could see them being in trouble .

Reactions: Warhead1
I will go ahead and say it. If Coach Wallace ends up at West Forsyth they have to be a State Championship contender and preseason Top 5 in my mind. They already will be a Top 10 without him if they get him it takes their team to a whole new level. If both of the coaches stay at Glenn they will be dang good! Not good enough to upset West this year but could upset a few top teams in the new CPC. This will be Glenn's best chance at beating East Forsyth in as long as I could remember. I could see Wallace going to West and if Snow leaves in the next few years he could be a great replacement for him as the Head Coach when and if he ever decides to take a big paying job down South.

I agree! If both of them stayed at Glenn I could see 8-9 wins depending on the strength of their non-conference schedule. If wallace goes to West then I'll be a very happy guy. I've heard about his talent for 2 years and I could just imagine what he could do with the natural talent level at West . Either way I see West winning the CPC. With wallace I see us atkeast going 3-4 rounds . Exciting .

Wallace (Glenn OC) and Honeycutt (Glenn WR Coach) are both leaving. Glenn will not be in trouble though.
I'm from Clemmons . My nephew plays for West Forsyth . The rumors going around the county is that Kevin Wallace is leaving for a better OC job in the county. The other coach that may possibly leave is the other offensive coach , Coach Honeycutt . No clue where he may land but I've heard good things about him from people at West. Should be interesting to see how it all happens but if Glenn loses the 2 offensive minds on staff, I could see them being in trouble .
Glenn will not be in trouble especially with a defense that had 9 guys playing Varsity football for the first time and 4 dynamic guys on offense. Pretty sure there are plenty that does not want a school like Glenn and a Head Coach like Stevenson to succeed. #typical #invictus

Rumors going around that the Glenn OC may be leaving for a better job. If this rumor is true the team he is going to would be an instant top 5 contender for the state championship with the talent they have coming back.
No rumor. Both are gone.

I still think Glenn can win games . I just believe they will rely upon the Defense more now . They gave up points last year but they seemed to have been young so we will see . I've always looked at Glenn as a good program and I've heard nothing but good about the football staff . Part of being a head coach is hiring good assistants which it seems he has if these guys are getting good jobs elsewhere .

I really like what Glenn has done the last couple years. I really think they were at that level because of their explosive offense. They will go as far as their QB can take them. I think the Glenn defense will be improved but not great even with 9 returning. Did Wallace take the OC job at West and where did the other coach end up going? I hate it for Glenn cause soon as they got it going coaches are leaving. I think West is still the favorite this year in the CPC but how do they line up after that?

Last edited:
Wallace (Glenn OC) and Honeycutt (Glenn WR Coach) are both leaving. Glenn will not be in trouble though.

Glenn will not be in trouble especially with a defense that had 9 guys playing Varsity football for the first time and 4 dynamic guys on offense. Pretty sure there are plenty that does not want a school like Glenn and a Head Coach like Stevenson to succeed. #typical #invictus

What does that mean plenty that does not want a school like Glenn and a Head Coach like Stevenson to succeed?

Could it be assistants are leaving because they have better opportunities. Sure Glenn has talent returning, but the areas in which the HC coaches are those that aren't good. Referring to the defense and special teams.
People don't need to hire friends if they aren't good coaches or coaches that instill discipline to players.

When Stevenson took over this was the quote in the newspaper:

"Though his forte his defense, Stevenson has coached about all facets of the team since he was brought in by former coach Dickie Cline, and Stevenson has been Glenn’s offensive coordinator for the past four seasons."

The offense was non existent under Stevenson and now his forte which is defense is non existent.

Under Stevenson as OC:
PPG-
2011-12.3
2012-15.6
2013-17.75
2014-19.18

Not exactly amazing points per game.

Under Wallace as OC:

2015-32.09
2016-39.83

The numbers don't lie.

Numbers don't lie. Jimmie's and Joe's don't lie either. Stephon Brown, Kier Meredith, Dysaun Razzak, DJ Miller (now Jaden Sutton), Chris Goolsby, TJ Stevens and Kalen Tims. Pretty nice arsenal. Considering those same guys were asked to play varsity as freshman. Stevenson was OC for 2 years not 4. His first year as OC he took over after Game 3 because the OC the coach hired quit. And it look as though there was a steady improvement in PPG every year even though he was not OC the entire time. I would not expect you to know that.

As far as defense 9 guys that had never seen a snap on Friday and 2 that played football for the first time in high school. A young defense on the field for 60% of the game weekly (Similar to the Eagles and 49-ers) isn't what you want with a young defense. I know the Reagan game in particular, defense scored and the special teams did as well, but all puts go toward offense. Zero points in the first half vs RJR and in the 2nd half vs East. 4+ turnovers vs Tabor & Brown. But it is what it is.
I wish all the best.

Yes I am aware of all of this and more. Other teams have situations like that but find ways to get it done.

Reactions: CoachQue6
Say it to the HC. Unlike college, on the high school level can't pick and choose the players for your system. Being a HC is a learning process Laymar, Josh, Todd & Adrian can all attest to that. Live and learn. Do it with trustworthy folk.

You do realize Forsyth County has open enrollment and many players transfer all over the place. So your comment about picking and choosing is somewhat flawed. Some HCs can handle productive discussion and others think every last word they say is how things should be and then comes a mess. It has happened to many HCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize Forsyth County has open enrollment and many players transfer all over the place. So your comment about picking and choosing is somewhat flawed. In fact, NF just had 4 of the best players transfer-3 to East and 1 to Reagan. Some HCs can handle productive discussion and others think every last word they say is how things should be and then comes a mess. It has happened to many HCs.

All a part of learning.

I will go ahead and say it. If Coach Wallace ends up at West Forsyth they have to be a State Championship contender and preseason Top 5 in my mind. They already will be a Top 10 without him if they get him it takes their team to a whole new level. If both of the coaches stay at Glenn they will be dang good! Not good enough to upset West this year but could upset a few top teams in the new CPC. This will be Glenn's best chance at beating East Forsyth in as long as I could remember. I could see Wallace going to West and if Snow leaves in the next few years he could be a great replacement for him as the Head Coach when and if he ever decides to take a big paying job down South.

Top 5 ? Out of curiosity who would be the other 4.

The simple fact of this is that Wallace made Glenn an offensive juggernaut for the past 2 seasons . Without him they will most certainly take a step back, and it all depends on how they respond to having a new guy run the offense . They should still run the same style of offense , and just pray that the defense steps up. Everyone keeps saying the defense was young and they'll improve . Well I think they have to after some of the performances last year . Glenn will win 5-6 games and have a shot at playoffs . That's just the fact of it at the moment .

The simple fact of this is that Wallace made Glenn an offensive juggernaut for the past 2 seasons . Without him they will most certainly take a step back, and it all depends on how they respond to having a new guy run the offense . They should still run the same style of offense , and just pray that the defense steps up. Everyone keeps saying the defense was young and they'll improve . Well I think they have to after some of the performances last year . Glenn will win 5-6 games and have a shot at playoffs . That's just the fact of it at the moment .

Offensive juggernaut?? Really?

Scotland, and East Forsyth were extremely talented as always. Occasionally, a team won't put up a high number of points against every team they play. Let me also clear something up. I am well versed in NC HS football, but I do not coach football. I have no grudge or bone to pick. I just see things the way they are, and am a realist.

Scotland, and East Forsyth were extremely talented as always. Occasionally, a team won't put up a high number of points against every team they play. Let me also clear something up. I am well versed in NC HS football, but I do not coach football. I have no grudge or bone to pick. I just see things the way they are, and am a realist.

Wasn't questioning your motives or credibility. Only the validity of the statement. I think Glenn has run up some impressive offensive #'s against some bottom tier programs but when they have faced off against the top tier schools the results have been much different. I think juggernaut is a bit strong. HArd to be a offensive juggernaut and fail to make the playoffs in 2015 or lose in the first round in 2016. I have no grudge or bone to pick either.

Not directed at you as I wasn't the one who uses the term juggernaut. Heard some heavy hitters interviewed today for the Mt Tabor job. Impressive list of candidates.

The Glenn OC was what made the Glenn program some-what decent. Glenn will return a talented QB and a 3 time State champion Track Star at WR. They will be forced to wins games by scoring more than 30/40 points a game with a low quality defense. Much like they did versus Northwest guilford this past season.

Heard from a buddy of mine at East Forsyth . Wallace to West looks like it's done deal. Well drastically improve offensive play calling I would presume. Also, Honeycutt to Northern Guilford seems done as well. Excited for wallace to come and help us score points . Does anyone know the age of Honeycutt ? There was a Honeycutt who played at ND about 7-8 years ago and was wondering if same guy? GO TITANS!!!!!

Both have been done for awhile from what has been said. Honeycutt, I believe played at North Davidson and then at Greensboro College....under Kevin Wallace. Hence, Honeycutt joining Wallace at a Glenn. Both are high IQ, no nonsense coaches who are very sharp at their craft. Hearing Mike Springston pardon if spelling is off might be going to Glenn? Used to be head coach at Walkertown and is currently teaching at Parkland I think. But then again who knows?

That's got to be him then. He played when Miller was QB and Williams played WR. Williams and Honeycutt combined for like 5 touchdowns against West on my cousins senior night and beat us by 10 I believe . They both played Defense as well and we didn't stop either of them. If he coaches how he played then NG got a steal. GO TITANS!!!!

Heard from a buddy of mine at East Forsyth . Wallace to West looks like it's done deal. Well drastically improve offensive play calling I would presume. Also, Honeycutt to Northern Guilford seems done as well. Excited for wallace to come and help us score points . Does anyone know the age of Honeycutt ? There was a Honeycutt who played at ND about 7-8 years ago and was wondering if same guy? GO TITANS!!!!!

Huge Pickup for West Forsyth indeed. IMO, before this hire they were a very close favorite to win the new CPC over East Forsyth or Davie. With this signing I think that has to put them out there as the clear cut #1 in the new CPC Conference. Wallace wont have the QB he had a Glenn but he will have more talent on offense than he ever had at Glenn. I think on paper WF has to be a top 10 team in the State right now.

Way too early CPC Standings (subject to change) (Will let you know more as we get closer to the season)
1.- West Forsyth
2.- East Forsyth
3 -. Davie
4.- Glenn
5.- Reagan
6.- RJR

Huge Pickup for West Forsyth indeed. IMO, before this hire they were a very close favorite to win the new CPC over East Forsyth or Davie. With this signing I think that has to put them out there as the clear cut #1 in the new CPC Conference. Wallace wont have the QB he had a Glenn but he will have more talent on offense than he ever had at Glenn. I think on paper WF has to be a top 10 team in the State right now.

Way too early CPC Standings (subject to change) (Will let you know more as we get closer to the season)
1.- West Forsyth
2.- East Forsyth
3 -. Davie
4.- Glenn
5.- Reagan
6.- RJR

You know what is strange about that line up, no MT or ND!
Not meaning to high jack your thread.

1.- West Forsyth
2.- East Forsyth
3 -. Davie
4.- Glenn
5.- Reagan
6.- RJR

CPC final rankings next year
1.)West
2.) Glenn
3.)Davie/East
4.) Davie/ East
5.)Reagan
6.) RJR

CPC final rankings next year
1.)West
2.) Glenn
3.)Davie/East
4.) Davie/ East
5.)Reagan
6.) RJR

There is NO way you put Glenn or Davie ahead of East Forsyth in any preseason poll. East has beaten Glenn by double digits for the last 10+ years or something. Plus with the loss of so many coaches at Glenn they drop in preseason polls in my mind. Glenn will have to prove it on the field before the jump East. After the 1st few weeks if Glenn is rolling and East is not then you put them ahead. ForsythFootball, you have been a big East follower on here please give me some reasons as to why Glenn jumps to #2 and you have East dropping all the way to 4th in the CPC. By the way East has owned just about every team in the CPC over the last 5 years or so. The only team to beat them recently is West and West is Loaded next year and picking up Coach Wallace is why they are #1.

Also, Sportsnut before you attempt to not high jack this thread MT and ND are not in the CPC anymore therefore they shouldn't be ranked in any Preseason CPC Poll.

Also, Sportsnut before you attempt to not high jack this thread MT and ND are not in the CPC anymore therefore they shouldn't be ranked in any Preseason CPC Poll.[/QUOTE]

I am fully aware they are no longer in CPC, just referring that they had been in so long, that it looks strange not seeing them listed in the CPC.

Id go:

West
East
Davie
Glenn/Reagan
Glenn/Reagan
Reynolds

Could see Reagan make the jump to the 3 spot if QB is as good as advertised. We all know Josh M. will have those guys ready to play.

East Forsyth is 24-2 against the teams in this conference I believe with both losses against West at least the last 5 or 6 years. This will be the year to get them if they'll be had. Will have some huge players shoes to fill but rumors of the program dropping off are exaggerated. They'll contend this year but probably a year away honestly.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
There is NO way you put Glenn or Davie ahead of East Forsyth in any preseason poll. East has beaten Glenn by double digits for the last 10+ years or something. Plus with the loss of so many coaches at Glenn they drop in preseason polls in my mind. Glenn will have to prove it on the field before the jump East. After the 1st few weeks if Glenn is rolling and East is not then you put them ahead. ForsythFootball, you have been a big East follower on here please give me some reasons as to why Glenn jumps to #2 and you have East dropping all the way to 4th in the CPC. By the way East has owned just about every team in the CPC over the last 5 years or so. The only team to beat them recently is West and West is Loaded next year and picking up Coach Wallace is why they are #1.

Also, Sportsnut before you attempt to not high jack this thread MT and ND are not in the CPC anymore therefore they shouldn't be ranked in any Preseason CPC Poll.
I love east as you said, but Glenn will return the starting QB and a track 3 time state Champion at WR. You take this information and analyze East weaknesses. East Struggles against any QB Run, not to mention last year the WR gave East a scare with many kick returns and dusted the stellar defense.

East Vs Glenn Turns into a shootout much like the northwest/Glenn game last year.

Id go:

West
East
Davie
Glenn/Reagan
Glenn/Reagan
Reynolds

Could see Reagan make the jump to the 3 spot if QB is as good as advertised. We all know Josh M. will have those guys ready to play.

According to many people in the Reagan area, Josh M. has ruffled the feathers of many because he does NOT spend any time trying to get the JV players ready or better for when time comes to play varsity. However, it could just be some frustrated parents. Who is the 3 time State Champ track runner you speak of at Glenn?

According to many people in the Reagan area, Josh M. has ruffled the feathers of many because he does NOT spend any time trying to get the JV players ready or better for when time comes to play varsity. However, it could just be some frustrated parents. Who is the 3 time State Champ track runner you speak of at Glenn?
This is his highlights I believe, impressive history. He had 100 yards vs east forsyth, 200 yards vs Scotland and a special teams play maker. Reminds me of a less experienced Christian Beal. That's why I like him going into this season. http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/vi...&videoid=8bc896d7-2647-45f2-be2c-e31e6a77babe

This is his highlights I believe, impressive history. He had 100 yards vs east forsyth, 200 yards vs Scotland and a special teams play maker. Reminds me of a less experienced Christian Beal. That's why I like him going into this season. http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/vi...&videoid=8bc896d7-2647-45f2-be2c-e31e6a77babe

I am sure he is a great player but what state track title has he won?? I follow it fairly closely and I dont recall him winning any title?

I'm sorry but that kid is nowhere on the same planet as Christian Beal. Plus the Glenn QB is a non factor in the running game so I don't know how East will struggle to defend him running the ball. The kid gave East all these scares in some peoples mind and they still dusted Glenn by 30 plus points? When were the scares in the 1st Qtr? So far you have a QB and 1 WR who's good at track. I don't think that's enough to beat East. East returns their QB who is just as good as the Glenn kid. Didn't he throw for about 500 yards on Glenn? Don't forget they have a stable of RBs over there at East. If you saw their JV team those RBs could've started for most teams Varsity squads. The East RBs will be house hold names in K-ville by the Glenn game. Sorry but I'm not on the Glenn bandwagon

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT