ADVERTISEMENT

Gaffney at Northwestern rd 3

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
I try not to post too much of S.C. games. Just following Gaffney in the 5A playoffs. 12-0 Gaffney will play at 11-1 RH Northwestern this Friday. Northwestern defeated Byrnes 42-3 and Gaffney won over TL Hannah 34-26. Gaffney definitely will need to bring their A game in this matchup. Possibly the winner of this game could go all the to the 5A State Championship. But one game at a time. Most likely Dutch Fork will represent the other side of the bracket. Definitely a crowd crazy and excitement atmosphere game. Gaffney was always my favorite to follow for the South Carolina teams from years ago.

I have never been to both. But one day would love to visit the Reservation at Gaffney. With it beening 3rd rd of the playoffs with both teams really good I would say the place at Northwestern will be rocking with fans from both sides.

I believe two former NC state champ coaches are getting together this week as well. Tommy Knotts Dutch Fork squad is hosting Mark Barnes and Sumter.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Also surprised no has mentioned Dave Gutshall is stepping down at Dorman. One heck of a job for somebody. Does NC loose another coach to that job?

Never been to NW. How does it compare to the Reservation
I doubt the game will be played at Northwestern. I'm not even sure they have a stadium. In the past they have shared District 3 Stadium with Rock Hill High School. District 3 is a great place for a game. The visitor's side is pretty large (I think many years ago it was the home side). My guess is the place will seat about 12,000, and it may be packed Friday Night.

Your right Staight Scope. I had to look it up about Northwestern Stadium. They share District 3 Stadium with Rock Hill high school. I found out they also use it for other events like soccer, band competition, etc. Sounds like the stadium is pretty good size. I figure Northwestern had their own stadium.

Also surprised no has mentioned Dave Gutshall is stepping down at Dorman. One heck of a job for somebody. Does NC loose another coach to that job?
He retiring?

I have never been to both. But one day would love to visit the Reservation at Gaffney. With it beening 3rd rd of the playoffs with both teams really good I would say the place at Northwestern will be rocking with fans from both sides.

I've seen Dorman, Gaffney, and Spartanburg stadiums. Enjoyed the view at all of them, except the Gaffney visitor side left a little to be desired....for 5A size school.

Last edited:
SS your count is inaccurate. Yes, five have joined in the thread to participate positively. I’m the only one who didn’t. Did you notice there were over 200 people who viewed the thread and didn’t bother to post one way or the other? I don’t care but as much as anything i was trying to make a joke. I didn’t intend to ruffle your feathers. Enjoy your little 🧵 thread. I won’t interrupt any more.

Northwestern doesn't have a football stadium. They play at district 3 stadium in Rock Hill

Thanks for the update. I figure that game would be a good one. Good win for Gaffney. On to the next rd

I have been to Gaffney 2 years ago. Blows away any stadium in North Carolina.
Even Asheville ?
Ive never been to Asheville's stadium.

200.gif

Reactions: onioncfb
Huge matchup Dutch Fork n Gaffney for the 5A State title. Dutch Fork looks to go for #6 in a row. But I’m hoping for a Gaffney win.

Reactions: Kylar2018
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT