ADVERTISEMENT

FUQUAY-VARINA THE 2021 NCAL SR. BASEBALL CHAMPIONS

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
Congratulations to Post 116 with a 8-6 victory over Wilmington for the win.
Post 116 will play next Wednesday in Asheboro in the Mid-Atlantic Regionals.

Thanks to Cherryville Post 100 for hosting the tournament this year. It was a hot week and they supplied many 10'X10" tents for the fans!

MVP Jonah Oster

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
Well, it turns out that F-Varina didn't have to lift a finger. St. Mary's and Chesapeake took care of their light work.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Finally made it out to the ballpark last night.....

It's going to be a showdown between F-Varina and St. Mary's for the right to go to Shelby. F-Varina dispatched Allentown 14-1 while St. Mary's held off Chesapeake 9-7.

A tall righty pitched a great game for Fuquay. He had a one-hitter going through five innings. Funniest thing about that game was that his pitch count ran out with two down in the seventh. The guy that replaced him threw one pitch to get the last out.

Chesapeake had a big lefty (I believe they said his name was Zack Treadwell?) who crushed two homers. He put the first one over deep center.

I believe we ended up with the two best teams. Should be a doozy this afternoon. F-Varina has to win twice.

Finally made it out to the ballpark last night.....

It's going to be a showdown between F-Varina and St. Mary's for the right to go to Shelby. F-Varina dispatched Allentown 14-1 while St. Mary's held off Chesapeake 9-7.

A tall righty pitched a great game for Fuquay. He had a one-hitter going through five innings. Funniest thing about that game was that his pitch count ran out with two down in the seventh. The guy that replaced him threw one pitch to get the last out.

Chesapeake had a big lefty (I believe they said his name was Zack Treadwell?) who crushed two homers. He put the first one over deep center.

I believe we ended up with the two best teams. Should be a doozy this afternoon. F-Varina has to win twice.
Chute Box or Don, I haven’t followed the regional at all, how did Randolph do?

St. Mary's defeats F-Varina 8-1 and they're heading to Shelby. St. Mary's broke open a close game with three runs in the fifth and four in the sixth. Allen Miller pitched a great game. He had a one-hitter going into the fifth.

Chute Box or Don, I haven’t followed the regional at all, how did Randolph do?
They beat Allentown on opening day. Then they lost to St. Mary's and Chesapeake.

I'm super impressed in the fact that St. Mary's was able to shut out Post 45. I'm willing to bet Post 45 never recovered from that. Matter of fact, I can't remember the last time they were held scoreless. I'd love to know who was on the mound for St. Mary's that night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT