ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Facts

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
Post some history.

Here is one.

In 1975 The Canton Pisgah team made the 3A finals. The final was vs Havlock at Havlock. The Black Bears charter and airtcraft for the 385 mile trip, and they brought eight buses full of fans. Pisgah won the game 35 to 24. Thought that was cool.

In 1946 the NCHSAA names Wilson the Class A champs because Greensboro refuses to play at Wilson and insists on a neutral site. The State declared it a forfeit.

Wow. Greensboro didnt even play the game.

In 1983 Robbinsville wins an unprecedented fifth consecutive NCHSAA football crown and 11th overall in 1a class as Colvin guides Robbinsville to a 28-6 victory or Creswell.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
In 1983 Robbinsville wins an unprecedented fifth consecutive NCHSAA football crown and 11th overall in 1a class as Colvin guides Robbinsville to a 28-6 victory or Creswell.
unprecedented for who?

Originally posted by prlyles:

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
unprecedented for who?
At that time No one had won 5 titles in a row. I think that's what he was getting at. They had some damned fine team in that time frame too. I think that 82 team was one of the VERY best I've seen. Might have held their own against the Swain Murphy teams of the late 80's.

Bk here's another one, ten years ago Swain took the Title with a perfect season, 14 0, 2004 State 1A champs. Now the Black Knights top that with a 16 0 season and another State Title.

Dang, it's nice to be from the SMC. A conference of Champions.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Yeah, those are two nice once also. I watched the WLOS top five plays today and the crowd was huge. We had nearly 4-1 advantage in fans. That is special about Swain and Robbinsville. It would of been huge if Swain wouldve won one more game. I have always thought Robbinsville and Swain have the most fans of any SMC schools.

In the second state championship game way back in the Woodrow Wilson years, Raleigh HS beat Asheville HS 117-0 in 1914
frown.r191677.gif

Must have been a lot of slugging going on..

2006 Elkin makes it through the western bracket to play for its 5th state title without playing one team from the west. They went through West Columbus, Lakewood, Hobbton, and North Duplin in route to finish the deed against Manteo.

Originally posted by Slasher Killer:
In the second state championship game way back in the Woodrow Wilson years, Raleigh HS beat Asheville HS 117-0 in 1914
frown.r191677.gif

Must have been a lot of slugging going on..
blackeye.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT