ADVERTISEMENT

From Shelby, we want to apologize for our recent posts.

'98 State Champion

Nov 29, 2007
The 2014 version of Shelby Golden Lions - The True Dynasty, was actually much better than even WE thought.

Follow us closely here, especially you wanna be's on the 4A board.

Congrats go out to our Cleveland County brothers at Crest for their complete domination of Havelock in their 3A title game. Many respected coaches, writers, and knowledgeable fans have commented on undefeated Crest's suffocating defense , claiming that for most, it had demonstrated and proven itself the best in NC this year, regardless of classification. There have been several to comment as well that Crest could certainly have competed strongly for the 3AA, 4A, and 4AA titles if given the chance.

Now we watched the 3AA, 4A, and 4AA title games and honestly, none of those competing teams pass the "eye test" of bringing any type of dominance to their classifications. Generally speaking, there was sloppy play across the board, missed opportunities galore, and Wake Forest could not even get out of their own way. If Wake Forest gives the ball to #22 Love, instead of to others, a dozen more times, Mallard Creek goes home empty. And get a field goal try off for once.

The point is, the best quality game between this weekend's State Finalists actually occurred 6 WEEKS AGO WHEN CREST DEFEATED SHELBY 21-13 ON CREST'S HOME FIELD !!

And anyone that doesn't acknowledge that, DID NOT WATCH THE GAMES THIS WEEKEND.

Shelby and Crest won their State Title Games by 24 and 21 points, respectfully, against quality opponents with tremendous historical success of their own. Every other winner "got by".

We do want to give a big congrats to Robbinsville for returning to the top after an extended 22 consecutive year absence. With 13 Titles, the Robbinsville High program stays locked with Shelby with the most Titles in the modern era. The Golden Lions, fortunately, have had no more than a nine year gap between Title game appearances since the early 1950's. Another milestone this year for Shelby is in accomplishing its FOURTH BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS in 2013/2014 to go with 2005/2006, 1986/1987, and 1975/76. And the Golden Lion's # 1 statewide all classifications PLAYOFF GAMES WINNING PERCENTAGE is now comfortably above 80% again. For you guys in Richmond Co, that means Shelby AVERAGES 4 out of 5 playoff wins or making the 5th round Title Game EVERY YEAR.

And finally for our parting shot this season, Shelby beat Rockingham 13-0, shutting them out the first time they played. Look it up. Who needs "magic" when you are the True Dynasty??

Apology accepted. Now show us you meant it... stop spamming the 1A board with irrelevant braggadocio. :)

After dishing out all the respect we have left for Robbinsville and Wallace Rose Hill, alas we have none left for Shelby. Sorry. Go digging on the 2A board and see if you can find some there. I pull for the West, all of whom did quite well this past weekend, but you take the cake. These posts will not get you want you want but you are obviously going to keep trying.

"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are a--holes and the people who are not"
I think we all know which tribe 98 is in
laugh.r191677.gif

Congrats to Shelby on their 2A title....Remember watching Shelby win the 3A title back in the 80's against Havelock in Shelby in what was basically a game decided by FGs....

Most folks on this 1A board will concede that Shelby has a great tradition and football program, but most of us don't comment about it because we are 1A football fans, first....I must admit that I enjoy reading some of the banter back and forth between Shelby and Crest fans, but seldom post anything on the 2A board because like a lot of 1A fans and 1A folks who have posted on this thread....We just don't care what Shelby did this year, did last year, or has done in the past....

Again, congrats to the Lions on their 2A title!
This post was edited on 12/16 8:59 AM by Tigertown@Rick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT