ADVERTISEMENT

Friday predictions?

bigoakbuddy

Aug 30, 2018
I’ll go with my knights 38-20. I’ll also go against the grain a little and say Mitchell 29 ES 27. Thoughts ?

Robbinsville 42 TJA 18
East Surry 34 Mitchell 21

Yeah, I know I'm the only Mitchell fan picking ES. But no one has shut them down yet. Still concerned about Pitman's ankle. How is Sparks where he went out Friday night.

Robbinsville just rolls,

Go Mountaineers

I think the TJCA and Rville game will be a lot closer than people think. Kind of pulling for TJCA anyway just so the NCHSAA can suck on that revenue they will lose in the 1A title game.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Tarboro 42
Holmes 14

North Edgecombe 33
Northampton 15

East Surry 35
Mitchell 28

Robbinsville 28
TJCA 14

Not going to make a real prediction because the last couple years haven't gone well for me, but I will say I think TJ will be better prepared for Robbinsville than they were last season. I think they will play better and as a result the game will be closer.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Not going to make a real prediction because the last couple years haven't gone well for me, but I will say I think TJ will be better prepared for Robbinsville than they were last season. I think they will play better and as a result the game will be closer.
I think anyone who has played Robbinsville this year will back me up..This years Robbinsville team is probably 24 points better than last years team...maybe more.

not sure who has the edge in talent and coaching could be pretty close. The difference will be home field advantage and playing on a stage that big. One other thing, Robbinsville plays a very physical game not sure if TJ can prepare for that in 4 days of practice. It’s a different game in December!!!!!!

Reactions: Mbulld and dmcamp
Food for thought:
2018 Thomas Jefferson total yds 5151yds
2019 Thomas Jefferson total yds 4114yds

2018 Robbinsville total yds. 4760 yds
2019 Robbinsville total yds..5272 yds

In 2018 when we played TJ they had given up 215 points on defense the entire season.

In 2019 TJ has given up only 76 points

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I think anyone who has played Robbinsville this year will back me up..This years Robbinsville team is probably 24 points better than last years team...maybe more.

Well that's your opinion and Robbinsville is certainly better than last season, but statistically your average point differential this season is +23.62, and your average point differential last season was +15.36. Your offense has on average been roughly 3 points better, and your defense has on average been roughly 5 points better than last season.

And on the other side, TJ's average point differential this season is +39.66 (not including forfeit by Christ the King), versus +24.85 last season. With the main difference that the defense was giving up an average of 19 points last season, versus only 6.33 (not including forfeit) points per game this season.

Last edited:
None of these stats matter.
TJA has not play a game as packed as it will be friday.

Nc state rankings
Robbinsville 64th
Thomas Jefferson Classical Advantage 112th.

Im sure you would like ppl to be silent about it. Like Dmcamp, I'm sure you would fight to keep your advantage. Now that 35 more Charters are opening next year their should be enough to have their own league if some of those have football. Im sure your against similar schools playing similar schools.

Im sure you would like ppl to be silent about it. Like Dmcamp, I'm sure you would fight to keep your advantage. Now that 35 more Charters are opening next year their should be enough to have their own league if some of those have football. Im sure your against similar schools playing similar schools.
I have no problem whatsoever with what you constantly propose. I honestly would like to see that happen. That way always hearing you complain about TJ being advantaged would be a thing of the past. Then, the only thing you would be able to complain about would be how Robbinsville is always at a disadvantage having to play murphy because they can just “play down in small 1A” by way of early college. It’s not about someone else having an advantage with you. You just always feel like little ole Robbinsville is constantly at a disadvantage. If you haven’t realized yet. Schools do not get to choose which classification they play in. So we all might as well get used to it until something is changed

Mitchell will be the most physical team East's played all year, that may matter. East historically has a hard time with teams who are more physical than they are so they gotta show up ready to get thudded or it will be a long night. Mitchell's a machine and have been since their HC has been there, East has got to be ready.

TJA's for real, Elkin got them on a surprise TD and all it did was piss them off and they beat the brakes off them after, it was lovely. IDK if they can do the same to Robbinsville but I think they can play them. Their line will make or break it.

TJs line isnt anywhere close to Murphy's line. TJ had 300 total yards vs a young Elkin team. Robbinsville had two 100 yd backs last Friday vs Murphy. The Knights had 350 yards vs Murphy. Robbinsville will run on TJ.
This game comes down to TJ passing game. TJ will have to pass alot to win. You guys have that new shiny QB from down tha road so who know.

Mitchell will be the most physical team East's played all year, that may matter. East historically has a hard time with teams who are more physical than they are so they gotta show up ready to get thudded or it will be a long night. Mitchell's a machine and have been since their HC has been there, East has got to be ready.

TJA's for real, Elkin got them on a surprise TD and all it did was piss them off and they beat the brakes off them after, it was lovely. IDK if they can do the same to Robbinsville but I think they can play them. Their line will make or break it.
If it comes down to line play,someone is in for a longgg night.

“And what happened, then? Well, in TJville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day!”
Nursery rimes and bedtime stories won't change what's going to happen Friday night.

I had a good snow this morning but i dont think its going snow friday.

“And what happened, then? Well, in TJville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day!”
Funny stuff. Don't care who you pull for. I will say this for BK there's no gray area. Got to like that in a person. I may back track and apologize from time to time you won't get that from BK sticks to his guns till the end.

I have backtracked a few things about the EC thing. Alot of Murphy fans have backtracked some EC stuff also.

No backtracking on Charters.
Tjforever said he has no problem for charters playing in own league during playoffs. Its the ones that fight for the advantage they claim doesn't exist I dont like. Travel time is a crap excuse. It would only be added travel during the playoffs even then it wouldn't be much different if at all. TJA has went to Elkin and now Robbinsville. How can you go much farther than that.

Anyway I think its going be packed friday.

I have backtracked a few things about the EC thing. Alot of Murphy fans have backtracked some EC stuff also.

No backtracking on Charters.
Tjforever said he has no problem for charters playing in own league during playoffs. Its the ones that fight for the advantage they claim doesn't exist I dont like. Travel time is a crap excuse. It would only be added travel during the playoffs even then it wouldn't be much different if at all. TJA has went to Elkin and now Robbinsville. How can you go much farther than that.

Anyway I think its going be packed friday.

No doubt. TJ is taking fan buses so there will be plenty of people there. I for sure will be there. Looking for a great game Friday

I look forward to experiencing the playoff atmosphere a storied program like Robbinsville brings to the table at home

Reactions: dmcamp
Funny stuff. Don't care who you pull for. I will say this for BK there's no gray area. Got to like that in a person. I may back track and apologize from time to time you won't get that from BK sticks to his guns till the end.

I just like giving BK a hard time. Funny thing is that most diehard TJ fans really admire the history and excellence of the Robbinsville football program. In fact, Robbinsville was willing to play us in the early years of our program (think it was Middle school or Jr High). We took a few whippings but will always remember many of the Mountain programs (Rosman, Mitchell, Avery, Mountain Heritage, etc.) that were willing to play us. Should be a great atmosphere on Friday night and regardless of the outcome, we will be cheering for a team from the West to bring home the state title.

Reactions: dmcamp
It was Junior high. We dont have JVs or middle school ball.

Robbinsville Black Knights period. Next game too.

East Surry. Smash mouth teams don't do very well against ES. Going to need some speed to cover all that talent on the Cardinals.

With that said, Mitchell will be as good as any team East Surry has seen except Reidsville. Mitchell will bring it, but East can strike quick and often.

Robbinsville Black Knights period. Next game too.

East Surry. Smash mouth teams don't do very well against ES. Going to need some speed to cover all that talent on the Cardinals.

With that said, Mitchell will be as good as any team East Surry has seen except Reidsville. Mitchell will bring it, but East can strike quick and often.
I dont know if I would really call Mitchell "smash mouth". Sure, they can and will get down and dirty, but also can and will spread the field.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT