ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Nights in Carolina 4A Preseason power ranking

tabor coming from 3a as well. Catholic has been 4a before. I don’t get you guts sometimes, a good team is a good team regardless
Having seen both Tabor and Catholic play, I got Tabor ahead. Also, your argument is bad, when did I call Catholic bad? I said I would have other teams ahead of them in a poll that listed all the TOP teams.. you can't be a bad team on a poll of the top teams by definition.

Having seen both Tabor and Catholic play, I got Tabor ahead. Also, your argument is bad, when did I call Catholic bad? I said I would have other teams ahead of them in a poll that listed all the TOP teams.. you can't be a bad team on a poll of the top teams by definition.

I never said you called them a bad team. I said a good team is a good team regardless of class. Those teams can be ahead of catholic thats fine.

Them church boys have a rude awakening in a few weeks.

Lamo really? Without subdivisions, CC won't sniff the regional game, mark that down.
All they need is the luck of the draw. It's realistic for them to make it to the regional game. The competition is much tougher now, but they're a discipline bunch and they're also really good.

Last year, I would agree with you. But I just don't know much about Tabor this year. Their defense is supposedly still really good, but I worry about their offense. They're going to have to mix it up this year on offense in the 4a in my opinion.

Reactions: Serstylz2
It is a shame that Myers Park ducks CCHS. It is clear that Myers Park out recruits us but we would love to add them to the schedule.

Them church boys have a rude awakening in a few weeks.
Maybe. But those skinny armed, 155 lb altar boy recruits like to be discounted and underestimated. Do so at your peril. Oh yeah. One other thing. They were extremely young last year so they are a little bit bigger this season.

Reactions: UNC91
It is a shame that Myers Park ducks CCHS. It is clear that Myers Park out recruits us but we would love to add them to the schedule.
A natural rivalry given the close proximity. Would love to play them. They did play 4 times beginning in 2004 when Catholic was a 2A team. Catholic thumped them 3, including one year Myers Park went to the 4AA semis. 4th year, Myers Park scored two touchdowns in the 1st 6 minutes of the game and was driving for a 3rd. Looked like a catastrophic blowout in the making but they still found a way to lose. Dropped them off the schedule like a hot potato.
Still say they manipulated things behind the scenes because they wanted no part of a conference with Butler, Catholic, and Providence and South Meck on the rise.

, Maybe. But those skinny armed, 155 lb altar boy recruits like to be discounted and underestimated. Do so at your peril. Oh yeah. One other thing. They were extremely young last year so they are a little bit bigger this season.
Dudley, Vance, Havelock, Southern Nash, Kings Mountain, Jacksonville, Huss, AK, East Forsyth, Tabor, Reagan, 71st, RH Northwestern, HP Central, Gonzaga........I have heard the same thing pre-game every time Catholic steps on the field. " We got to many athletes, NO WAY those alter boys can handle us". Then they take a loss and many times a bad one.

The last 10 years there really has been only two teams that have really handled Catholic.

Mallard Creek in 13 and 14
Northern Guilford in 13

Those were absolutely elite teams and I would argue that the Brodiwicz version of Catholic football is better than the latter years of Oddo. They will do just fine in 4a as they have done in every other category. They would not be my favorite to win it all but they would be in my Top 5, maybe top 3.

• Haha
Reactions: Griddie
Dudley, Vance, Havelock, Southern Nash, Kings Mountain, Jacksonville, Huss, AK, East Forsyth, Tabor, Reagan, 71st, RH Northwestern, HP Central, Gonzaga........I have heard the same thing pre-game every time Catholic steps on the field. " We got to many athletes, NO WAY those alter boys can handle us". Then they take a loss and many times a bad one.

The last 10 years there really has been only two teams that have really handled Catholic.

Northern Guilford in 13

Those were absolutely elite teams and I would argue that the Brodiwicz version of Catholic football is better than the latter years of Oddo. They will do just fine in 4a as they have done in every other category. They would not be my favorite to win it all but they would be in my Top 5, maybe top 3.
U forgot a couple of teams 🐻😁🐻😁🐻😁

Northern Guilford in 13

2019 Weddington beat them really bad as well. But you’re right, it rare.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
the 2019 Weddington game was a wake up call. CCHS made a few changes right after that game. The year before we shut out Weddington and they won the state... the next year we don't have our A game and it got ugly. Somehow we still figured out a way to win the state.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
U forgot a couple of teams 🐻😁🐻😁🐻😁

2019 Weddington beat them really bad as well. But you’re right, it rar
Thanks for reminding me. I wasn't going to bring it up. In the last 10-12 years the butt whippings have been few and far between. I have used 3 fingers on one hand to count them and still have 2 left over. In this day and age with the wide open offenses, a game can go south in a hurry and snowball on anyone. Even Alabama took a bad one a few years ago against Clemson.

Catholic should not be ahead of Hough, Butler, Gibbons or Tabor. They did their thing in 3A but this 4A world might be humbling.
Yeah right. That’s why we won 4A with 3A numbers in 2015. You bozos made your run now it’s over and it’s back to the lower half of the pack if you are even that good in 4A. Questionable at best. Try a little harder Warrior man.

I heard East Forsyth is looking really good in all their scrimmage games. Could be a team that makes a deep run this year from what I'm hearing

I heard East Forsyth is looking really good in all their scrimmage games. Could be a team that makes a deep run this year from what I'm hearing
U can never count out a E Forsyth team. Back 2 back state titles proved that.

Yeah right. That’s why we won 4A with 3A numbers in 2015. You bozos made your run now it’s over and it’s back to the lower half of the pack if you are even that good in 4A. Questionable at best. Try a little harder Warrior man.
Oh he's angryyy

It's not becoming of a man to get that upset over another man's opinion

Sp
Split 4A

Grow up big guy, don't throw any mud unless you expect to get dirty.
Point out where I threw mud? My opinion of teams I believe should be ranked ahead of Catholic is "mud throwing"?

Had no idea my opinion was this important, I'll take that as a compliment

An authentic assessment would be more like Opinion or Wishful thinking... either way it was not a compliment.. and Foot was just being Foot..expressing his opinion.

Reactions: footsoldier
one thing I think everyone is missing here is that when Catholic went to 4A championships we had small 4a or large 3a numbers. This time around we are playing schools with close to 3000 kids and we have 1100. Does anyone in 4a have less or anywhere close to as few kids? I think we can give any of the top schools a great game, especially at home. I also remember several years ago when we played Mallard Creek and the games were just ridiculous physical mismatches. I think it will be a couple years before Catholic is ready to make a playoff run week after week against the largest schools (say Butler, Hough, Mallard Creek, Chambers all in some order in a row). Just my opinion, Hope the boys prove me wrong, they often have in the past.

one thing I think everyone is missing here is that when Catholic went to 4A championships we had small 4a or large 3a numbers. This time around we are playing schools with close to 3000 kids and we have 1100. Does anyone in 4a have less or anywhere close to as few kids? I think we can give any of the top schools a great game, especially at home. I also remember several years ago when we played Mallard Creek and the games were just ridiculous physical mismatches. I think it will be a couple years before Catholic is ready to make a playoff run week after week against the largest schools (say Butler, Hough, Mallard Creek, Chambers all in some order in a row). Just my opinion, Hope the boys prove me wrong, they often have in the past.
Two pieces I would say to that. I think Catholic has come along way in the weight room since those days. There might be one or two physical mismatches but not many for them.

Let's also remember those 13 and 14 Creek teams manhandled everyone those years, not just Catholic. I think avg margin of victory in 13 was 45 points or something like that.

Chambers, Grimsley maybe Hough might be a tough matchup. Not much more than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT