ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin 51 vs Wilkes Central 7 Final Rd1

BiltmoreCANE

Jan 7, 2002
Let the games begin!

sorry for the none play by play in the 1H......got tied up at work.

Panthers take to 2H kick off to the 40 then drive down the field for 7 more.

Panthers hold on a 4 & 7 from their 17 then drive the field for another score to put this one to bed.

Franklin forces a Wilkes fumble & J Young scores his 6th TD of the night. Late 3Q

Running clock & back up time for the Panthers.

This post was edited on 11/14 9:47 PM by BiltmoreCANE

Re: #2 Franklin vs #15 Wilkes Central RD1 2AA West

Very young team. Have some good speed but their lines are not very good unless they've improved since the beginning of the season when I seen them. They run a spread offense. #5 Jojo Horton is the QB. Hard to tell how good he is because he was running for his life when I seen him. #23 Victor Williams is a very good RB for them. #10 is one of the best recievers I have seen at the high school level. A lot could have changed. I haven't seen them since earlier in the year. I'm guessing you guys will cruise.
This post was edited on 11/9 10:02 AM by Illuminati704

Central always has athletes. They run fast if you let them and will score if you don't play tough D. But they have moved a ton of JV kids up due to both injuries and apathy among the varsity players. They have a lot of youth on varsity. They beat the Wilkes County schools but that county's down major this season and they beat Alleghany.

W Central have potential to be good in a couple of years but I think Franklin should roll as long as they show up and play hard and like they have been.

Found some highlights of their key players on hudl:

#10: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4215892/highlights/157618663

#5: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2945109/highlights/160896379

#23: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2944274/highlights/160804168

Like I said they have some talent but as you can see they don't have very good lines and it's almost like their offense doesn't have an identity. Looking at Franklins schedule and results I think you guys will be fine. Especially if you control the line of scrimmage.

Any WC fans wanting to see some stuff from Franklin, including directions to THE PIT, check out the website fhspanthers.com

Franklin defense is too much. On to second round.

Franklin has a big strong fullback, too. He looks like he can move. They also have natty uniforms. Nice website.

I didn't mean to put the BS meter on there. I was going to put it on for another thread and forgot to take it off. Sorry.

This post was edited on 11/11 8:55 PM by Lincolnton

Re: Franklin 0 vs Wilkes Central 0 7:30pm RD1

Gonna use this as a game thread as things tend to get clogged come playoff time.

Congrats to Franklin. Besides Starmount you all were the only team to limit Central to less than 2 TD's.

Good luck with West Stokes.

#31 has a good chance at playing next Friday. Hard to tell about #4. They are talking about a brace and playing. But that is really an outside shot

Originally posted by RadioCheck:
#31 has a good chance at playing next Friday. Hard to tell about #4. They are talking about a brace and playing. But that is really an outside shot
Thanks Radio, one more question, the bradcast had it a little hard to discerne. What is the status of 52 & or 65 going forward?

Originally posted by Slasher Killer:
Congrats to Franklin. Besides Starmount you all were the only team to limit Central to less than 2 TD's.

Good luck with West Stokes.
Thanks for the props SK!, not gonna lie this sure is a lot sweeter than last years 1st RD outcome.

52 is fine. Game film will be reviewed to see if 65 gets DQ or an ejection (2 game suspension)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT