ADVERTISEMENT

****Franklin 17 vs Tuscola 21 final gm5****

BiltmoreCANE

Jan 7, 2002
Classic look ahead game here! Panthers need to stay focused and play hard. Limited updates so feel free to add.

2 98yd kickoff returns & a couple of injuries have hurt Franklin, Tuscola is playing inspired ball though!

Reactions: UNC91
The defense played about as good and tough as they possibly could, it may take a few weeks to heal up from that game, good win for the mountaineers tonight. I know both teams lost some players to likely season ending injuries tonight which I hate to see, but, I could tell that the Franklin coach blew a fuse over losing #14.....I am assuming he is one of your top players?

Who did Tuscola lose?
Two offensive lineman that I know of, the one mentioned above and another with a knee injury, which also didn't return to play. I'm not sure of anymore but it was a brawl with the big guys up front all night. It wouldn't surprise me if we had a few others out for minor issues this week, but lets hope not. They need to carry some momentum forward with them from this game.

Reactions: UNC91
They need to carry some momentum forward with them from this game
I see some momentum building here that very well may carry onto 10/15, a date that I am sure is circled on both county high school coaches calendars. Actually surprised with the outcome of this past Friday's outcome. I wouldn't look past North though.

The defense played about as good and tough as they possibly could, it may take a few weeks to heal up from that game, good win for the mountaineers tonight. I know both teams lost some players to likely season ending injuries tonight which I hate to see, but, I could tell that the Franklin coach blew a fuse over losing #14.....I am assuming he is one of your top players?
At halftime a Franklin coach indicated that he wasn't pleased that a Tuscola player wasn't getting penalized for leading with his helmet on other players knees. I don't know the status of the player who got injured, but he's a major cog on both sides of the ball and that looked season ending at the time.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
At halftime a Franklin coach indicated that he wasn't pleased that a Tuscola player wasn't getting penalized for leading with his helmet on other players knees. I don't know the status of the player who got injured, but he's a major cog on both sides of the ball and that looked season ending at the time.
The kid averages over 200 yards a game and five tackles per game.So yeah I understand why Brooks was upset .

Helmet to the knee is a foul these days? For smaller guys, that is what was taught, Helmet on kneecap every play? Kids getting soft

Helmet to the knee is a foul these days? For smaller guys, that is what was taught, Helmet on kneecap every play? Kids getting soft
It has nothing to do with a kid being soft because he is far from being soft. It's about a kid or kids staying healthy. The kid doing the tackling could have easily got hurt too.

I seen the play, it didn't look vicious or intentional. It looked like a regular legal tackle by a small safety on a bigger fullback. I hate it for the player for sure.

Reactions: 91ths
Yeah.....that's not racist at all...🤔...If I said something remotely the opposite, I would be condemned and banned, but who cares about the double standards...right!!!
It was a movie with woody harleson back in the day.....just a joke bro....chill..... Dang you must be one of the PC police. Im sorry i hurt your feelings. Geez.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT