ADVERTISEMENT

Forsyth county

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
So I have to ask. Why does everyone hate on all the Forsyth county teams. East Forsyth may have lost but as a loyal fan, who has been to every scrimmage and game. They got cocky, they couldn't wait to play the winner Butler/Mallard creek. When they went up by 11 they thought they sealed the game and providence played a hell of a second half. But the one good Forsyth county team gets upset and that means charlotte is way better at football then Forsyth county.

Because last time I checked undefeated charlotte power house Indy got upset at home and nobody said a word, same thing with richmond.

Let's also remember the last time a Charlotte power house played a Forsyth/guilford county team (Butler vs Page)
Page who went 2-9 on the season was up at half, and butler managed to score at the end to win. Or mount tabor who is awful this year who once again was upsetting butler, and they had to come back.

2014 Hough 45- West Forsyth 17
2014 Providence 24- East Forsyth 21 ( Missing there QB and RB)
2014 Rocky River 26 Mt tabor 14
2014 Charlotte Catholic - Many Reagan- Less than many
2013 Butler 48- West Forsyth 7
2013 Rocky River 26- Reagan 6
2012 Butler 49- West Forsyth 0
2012 Butler 25- East forsyth 15
2011 Indy 28 East Forsyth 27

They got cocky, they couldn't wait to play the winner Butler/Mallard creek.

Trust me- The best thing that happened to East Forsyth this year was getting cocky and losing to Providence. Nobody said anything about Indy losing because they got beat by another Charlotte team.

Butler and providence are still waiting for their checks for gas money and meals for having to come up there and do that year after year.

Nice try with the Page deal- wrong county though . Why not try Forsyth/Craven county and add New Bern to your geography equation
This post was edited on 11/24 12:45 AM by Blue and Gold22

OMG! So i have to ask. They got Cocky for what? The best teams in Charlotte would beat Forsyth teams by a minimum of 4 td's. Providence beating East Forsyth was not a upset. Go back home and work on that schedule, and put someone on there that is relevant so you will find out before the playoffs how far away you are from being a contender.

Most of the football folks in Charlotte were calling Hough v Indy a toss up. Not that big of an upset to people who know.

It's CPC's fault. No one cared about Forsyth County at all until they started posting nonsense the past few years.

I'm not sure they got cocky, but I did get a sense that they weren't as focused and may have been looking ahead to next week. That being said, they were up 21-3 late in the 3rd and had complete control of the game. But the momentum swung and once it starts, it can be hard to stop. Blocked punt was huge! Providence showed a ton of fight in coming back, but East still had multiple chances to put the game away and didn't. Needed one first down to salt it away, but didn't get it. Had an interception go right thru the best DB's hands at the start of the last drive that would have put the game away. Next play QB heaves one up and ball falls into WR's hands over 2 DB's. Looked like WR was totally surprised when he caught it! IMO, play calling got a little too conservative too early. You can point to the backup QB as more of a slight on East, but you have to consider that changing QB's means no game film to prepare for the guy they were seeing also. Point is, East was just over a quarter away from a 3 TD win over a good(not great) Charlotte team and then the perfect storm happened. There are obviously some things that need some work, but East has played the Charlotte powers as tough as anyone over the last few years and I think a little more respect is due. Anyone at the 2012 Butler game will tell you East was the 2nd best team in the state that year! Hats off to Providence for a gutsy comeback though.

I know nothing about CC, but don't expect a blowout of Reagan this week. McGee will have them very well prepared and QB is the real deal.

you lost your argument when you pulled a Guilford County team into the mix to help your case.
roll.r191677.gif

"I know nothing about CC, but don't expect a blowout of Reagan this week. McGee will have them very well prepared and QB is the real deal"

We here this every week about Forsyth Football in the playoffs.

Why would a team from Forsyth county be anything less than 100% focused when playing a team from Charlotte? Did they think they would just roll over a Hardin coached Providence bunch that has played tough competition all year.

This happens nearly every year. Those teams play in the Forsyth, Davidson, High Point Red Robin tournament all year. They throw in a couple 2a and 3a teams in the Non-conf. One or two of them run or nearly run the table and everyone gets excited and starts talking about "this is the year". They typically get the high seed and the fan base starts to pound their chests about how this guy cant be stopped or that guy is the best in the state and in some years they squeak by a 3rd or 4th place Charlotte conference team ( see Reagan versus Brown) .

Then comes round two or three. Uh Oh time. Suddenly instead of scoring 45 pts a game you are lucky if you get 14 and your defense is getting shredded by bigger, faster, stronger athletes.

Then August comes and it starts over with the pre-season posts and talk about how many all-conf studs you have coming back and wait for it........ THIS IS THE YEAR.

To make a statement like they were cocky and looking ahead to a matchup with Mallard Creek is laughable. You know who Mallard Creek is 100% focused on right now?? Providence. Know why? Because if you don't play your best game for 4 quarters against a Hardin coached team your going home.

If you're right, I'll be the first to admit it. But I think McGee and Easter are a different animal than what we've seen out of Forsyth County in the past. If I eat these words, so be it. I hope all the Charlotte crew will have the courage to admit it if I'm right though. We'll find out soon enough.

There are numerous Studs out of Forsyth County. I have no clue who Mcgee and Easter are? I am sure they will perform amirably.
It just takes more than two guys to beat a complete football team.

Reagan/Charlotte Catholic will end up being a shootout. Reagan can score on and with anybody. Catholic will be the most disciplined and fundamentally sound team Reagan has seen all year. Not even close. Reagan won't stop Catholic either. Expect a 45-43 type game in this one. Reagan's passing game will give Catholic fits as will Catholics Wing-T to Reagan's defense. It is what it is guys.

As for this whole which county is better thing? Charlotte has almost all 4AA schools. More students, more athletes typically. Charlotte is one of the bigger cities in NC and many people live there for work etc. Winston-Salem has some great players but no team in Forsyth has more than 2 D1s (Hough has like 5 of the top 50 in NC) It will take a special year and special players for a team in Forsyth to run the table beating all of the Charlotte schools. That goes for ANY other county. A good example is Page when they had Summers and won a state title. Honestly, the one I can't figure out is how come the Raleigh schools can't compete with Charlotte schools.

And in the kids defense here in Forsyth, there is no middle school football, no path of attendance zones... Having come from Northern Guilford where the pop warner teams are purple and black and are the Nighthawks, the elementary school is purple and black and are the nighthawks, the middle school is purple and black and are the Nighthawks, and they all feed directly into the High school who are purple and black and are the Nighthawks... Forsyth doesn't do themselves or any of their kids any favors with no direct feeder schools and attendance zone things. Our varsity team this year was represented by 17 different middle schools... and 3 different leagues to play football in for middle school age kids. Pop Warner, church league, and YFL. Very few of our kids have played together before they get to the high school level and it hurts the programs in Forsyth. Not an excuse, just the way it is.

Originally posted by bumblebee33:
If you're right, I'll be the first to admit it. But I think McGee and Easter are a different animal than what we've seen out of Forsyth County in the past. If I eat these words, so be it. I hope all the Charlotte crew will have the courage to admit it if I'm right though. We'll find out soon enough.
No problem admitting when I am wrong and have done so on this board on numerous occasions. Saw Reagan play West Forsyth. My reaction was that both Easter and Slade were great athletes and that Easter was a much more polished passer. Quick release, very accurate on the quick outs and slants they run and he had a ton of drops that game on very catchable passes. Not a cannon for a arm but he can spin it some. He is a kid that could play anywhere.

Games are won upfront though and this is where the Forsyth County teams have issues year in and year out. ( 2012 EF team a exception). The pop gun offense with the bubble screens and getting kids out in space will move the ball against Catholic between the 20's and Easter's feet will get them a couple scores but Catholic while lacking in big fast athletes play great position defense and tackle well. Reagan will not get any cheap scores.

There bigger problem will be dealing with Catholic on offense. Unless they can get some penetration and disruption in the backfield it will be a long night for Reagan because once Catholic gets into rhythm with the Wing T and the misdirection they have several backs that get that one cut and upfield offense down to a science. They are tougher to defend this year than they were with Hood. Catholic will make this about physical football

AL Brown got 42 on them?? Catholic will grind out first down after first down and Easter will get limited shots. Down 2 scores then they start taking chances and that is where Catholic lives.

Guys, you are letting someone with 1 post come on here and start a bidding war? LOL He might be from Charlotte, you never know.

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
Let's also remember the last time a Charlotte power house played a Forsyth/guilford county team (Butler vs Page)...
Charlotte powers have beaten the holy snot of Forsyth Co/Guilford Co champs several times since 2011. In fact, it happens nearly every year, as HAS been happening nearly every year going back as far as I care to remember.

Some Charlotte not-so-powers have also beaten Forsyth Co/Guilford Co champs, but that's not really a surprise, either. And it's not even the fact that Forysth Co/Guilford Co loses so many of these matchups (everyone loses a game eventually), it's the fact that the games usually are 6 TD blowout laughers and are not competitive at all.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:35 PM by hokiemtc

Originally posted by cvaughan598:
Reagan can score on and with anybody.
We heard that last year as well, but then Reagan darned near got shut out completely at Rocky River.

Lots of teams would put up Playstation numbers playing Reagan's schedule (heck, just look at Easy Forsyth). We'll see if they're still putting up those same numbers on Friday.

I would like to humbly slash informatively contribute something to this Blog that some members in the Queen City may not realize, excluding Mister Tango. ( Write that book, Sir. ) Guilford County has a conglomerate of institutions, scattered throughout Guilford County, Greensboro, and High Point. Said area has the following 4-A institutions as Page and Northwest ( ex 3-A ) are the only 4-AA schools in Guilford County - Which was named in the latest issue of " Inside slash Outside Goat Quarterly " magazine which named Guilford County as "North Carolina's Most Goat Friendly County.". Cleveland County came in last in that particular poll. Then we have Southeast Guilford, who was a 3-A school for decade upon decade. Southwest Guilford ( ex 2-A and 3-A ), which is a High Point outfit, Ragsdale ( ex 3-A ), Grimsley, Dudley ( ex 3-A ), Smith ( ex 3-A ), and High Point Central ( ex 2-A and 3-A ). This was slash is a brief history slash standing of Guilford County's 4-A schools. In other words, Grimsley and Page are the only schools in Guilford County that have always been 4-A.
P.S. If you would like to talk about snot beatings, pull out the history books and view the Greensboro slash Queen City rivalry, not nearly as whopsided as some would care to think, and may cause some of the Charlotte hard cores to pop another Advil
P.S. For the gentleman that attempted to lump Greensboro in with scenic Forsyth County, bless your heart.

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla. That' s why they play the game. Who ever wins the Reagan - Charlotte Chatholic game should win the Western Region. Then the discussion will be East or West.

Vance is still playing. They would be a tall order for the majority of 4AA top schools. There is still a lot of football to be played after this game.

Originally posted by justmytake:
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla. That' s why they play the game. Who ever wins the Reagan - Charlotte Chatholic game should win the Western Region. Then the discussion will be East or West.
Vance is my pick to win the 4A West, although Catholic come playoff time is almost always pretty lethal.

Vance won't have a chance if Reagan makes it to semi-finals. Ragsdale had over 350 yards of passing and could have had more if pass interferences were called properly. Reagan will move the ball at will and score 50 + on that Vance defense. Best for Vance if Catholic beats Reagan!

So, LandofJamestown, would you say the same thing if the Vance team from the Mallard Creek and Mooresville games showed up?

I have been on sideline for three triad vs Charlotte match ups since this is where the conversation has gone. A 64-28 beat down Win, a 49-21 loss when up 21-7 at half. And legit left 21 more points on the board in that first half. And a 26-14 loss that was the most frustrating because of certain kids performance vs the Charlotte team being better than us. Was a TD game until 3 mins left. They weren't close to us talent wise and that made it hurt worse. Good kids though, lost the game, end of story. The only 6 TD beating I have been a part of was the Charlotte school getting thumped. Doesn't mean others haven't been on the other end, but to assume every Charlotte school is 6 TDs better is just plain wrong.

Reagan's offense is good. QB is very good. They SHOULD be able to score. Catholic should as well.

C'mon Charlotte pound for pound you guys know Guilford gives you u the best run for your money, and y'all better be thankful Dudley is in trouble or they would have got another one and ran through some more of your Charlotte schools. You must admit we do the most with what we have. Y'all have some many people there you have kids to fill out top tiered PRIVATE FOOTBALL teams....crazy. Y'all have awesome teams but please give credit to where its due.

Originally posted by L Boog:
...and y'all better be thankful Dudley is in trouble or they would have got another one and ran through some more of your Charlotte schools.
Not the 4AA ones, which dominate this state most years. Dudley has never beaten the Charlotte champ - ever - and who knows if they ever will. They've also never beaten a Charlotte #2, and who knows how much further down the line I could realisitically go.

I will, however, happily give credit to Page in 2011. The Pirate folk are good people. They not only beat the Charlotte champ, but also beat the Charlotte #2, and in back-to-back weeks to boot. That was a hell of a run those guys went on (one of the best three game stretches of all time), but there's also a reason that a run like that has only happened once since the mid 1980's, and isn't likely to happen again anytime soon.

This post was edited on 11/26 11:00 PM by hokiemtc

One of the main reasons Dudley has never beaten a 4-AA Charlotte squad, is because they don't PLAY them, since Dudley is 4-A, but the Panthers did beat a Charlotte squad. Last year.

C'mon Charlotte pound for pound you guys know Guilford gives you u the best run for your money, and y'all better be thankful Dudley is in trouble or they would have got another one and ran through some more of your Charlotte schools. You must admit we do the most with what we have. Y'all have some many people there you have kids to fill out top tiered PRIVATE FOOTBALL teams....crazy. Y'all have awesome teams but please give credit to where its due.
Zero problem admitting that. Dudley, Page, NG all have had their moments.

Dudley 2014 was nowhere near the 2013 version. Would not concede Dudley a slot in the western regional final this year. That's not to say they would not have won it all but much they would have had a much tougher time this season.

Originally posted by btango:

Dudley 2014 was nowhere near the 2013 version. Would not concede Dudley a slot in the western regional final this year. That's not to say they would not have won it all but much they would have had a much tougher time this season.
Seeing the final 4. I wouldn't take that bet.

Originally posted by 1whoknows:
Originally posted by btango:

Seeing the final 4. I wouldn't take that bet.
I expected them from the time the brackets came out last year to make the regional final. I am not a betting man 1wk but I think they would have tougher challenges this season than last with a lesser arsenal. They would have played Ragsdale, Vance, and Rocky River to get there. If the Vance that plays MC and Mooresville shows up it is a game.

You know you're number one when people make threads about you. Everybody wants a piece of Meck Co. school if not
their respect.

Best football is in Meck(and surrounding metro...Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Iredell) Triad area is a distant 2nd in football.

Originally posted by Chopper747:
You know you're number one when people make threads about you. Everybody wants a piece of Meck Co. school if not
their respect.

Best football is in Meck(and surrounding metro...Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Iredell) Triad area is a distant 2nd in football.
You know what I've noticed? Since the turn of the century, there have been three (and only three) teams anywhere in the state that have swaggered onto a football field with the Charlotte champ, looked them right in the eye...and then took them out. New Bern in '07, Richmond in '08 and Page in '11 (all eleven of Charlotte's 4AA title winners over that time frame have went undefeated).

Do you ever notice that none of these constant, nagging, non-stop threads taking shots at Meck Co football are ever started by fans of one of these three programs? It's really funny how that one works. Also...notice how there are never threads created by Meck Co people trashing any of these three programs? Of course not...respect was earned on the field, and respect is deservedly given to them.

Dudley 2014 is far from the 2013 version but this years edition went toe to tie with this years version on Mallard Creek I heard. It was a scrimmage but I heard it was close if not Dudley's advantage.

Originally posted by utbb01:
Dudley 2014 is far from the 2013 version but this years edition went toe to tie with this years version on Mallard Creek I heard. It was a scrimmage but I heard it was close if not Dudley's advantage.
Heard it was pretty even. Multi team scrimmage. I expected MC to be down early but come back strong. They lost 15 starters but had some solid depth. Some of the starters they lost were big playmakers. They struggled a lot this season and have played a lot of different players to try and get the right group in.

Charlotte schools would prefer no sub-dividing with a five or six round playoff. That way there would be no question at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT