ADVERTISEMENT

Forestview vs East Rowan 4th round

beamer24

Jul 16, 2009
Lenior
confused0024.r191677.gif

What's your crystal ball saying about Friday? Or better yet, what is it saying about the State Title game?

Well every other thread is crest vs SP so I figured I'd start one without the purple raiders or Shelby chargers.

If this were to occur, I would go streaking!! would be worth it not to hear the chest thumping on this board all week long!

Originally posted by The_Rev921:

If this were to occur, I would go streaking!! would be worth it not to hear the chest thumping on this board all week long!
I don't see any Forestview or East Rowan fans chest thumping? Some South Point and Crest fans on the other hand....

I saw this thread and was like "what the hell 4th round?" And then I got it. Like someone else said if it's east Rowan vs forestview in the 4th round the 3A west game this place will be silent, HOWEVER if it's crest and south point this website will be shut down due to overuse! Seriously south point at crest for a chance to go to Raleigh would literally get 12 pages worth of accusations about toothless people, the crappy towns they come from and sleeping with their own sisters. And you know what? It's probably going to happen lol

If this happened you could kiss 3A threads good bye. East Rowan wasn't suppose to make it out of the first round but here they are in the third. They very well could meet up with Forestview. Forestview may make it by Crest if they can come up with a plan taking Crest's front four (or three) out of the plays. It's a possibility but the odds for both teams to advance are low.

Funny how only last week South Point was a big underdog to mighty Concord and this week the other team is the underdog. There is a lot of disparity in areas and conferences across this state. 11-0 doesn't guarantee third round games and being 7-4 might be a state title team from a split conference.

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:
If FV and ER both win this week, the 3A board will cease to exist.
Much like the CP message board. Since Concords loss to SP their 3A board has only had one post. Nature of the beast i suppose. NC Preps board will continue to slow down as teams exit the playoffs.

If and that's a big if from me SP wins they would have way far past my expectations. With that said I don't know which team I'd rather see advance. I think Crest will and it would be nice to have another shot at them but being able to play Forestview again would be nice. I strongly believe we would wip the Jags in a rematch.

And when was the last time you saw Crest, Forestview, South Point, or East Rowan play? ....Never that's what I thought? I forgot that Havelock dominated the championship game last year...oh wait they didn't because Concord was a yard shy of taking home the trophy. Forget worrying about the west, you probably should turn your attention to Eastern Alamance...because that one isn't gonna be easy.

Originally posted by rockstrong:
And when was the last time you saw Crest, Forestview, South Point, or East Rowan play? ....Never that's what I thought? I forgot that Havelock dominated the championship game last year...oh wait they didn't because Concord was a yard shy of taking home the trophy. Forget worrying about the west, you probably should turn your attention to Eastern Alamance...because that one isn't gonna be easy.

+1, rockstrong. Havelock is good and is very well coached. I will never disrespect that fact. However, in my opinion, a mystique has been developed and the Rams start out at least 14 to 0 in every game they play (except New Bern). It will take a team that has a huge chip on their shoulders and has a very nasty disposition to make them work. A special set of players will say F. U. and the Rams will be in trouble. It could happen in the east.

Given how the playoffs have played out so far, this match-up is not as remote a possibility as it would have been before November 14th. Then the expectation was a Crest/Concord final. Crest has to be considered the favorite to make it to the West finals but a bad game could strike at the most inopportune time and shift things to FV. SP is not a given - turnovers on their part and a great passing game by ER could derail this unexpected run.

Granted the hype associated with such a match-up would be anti-climatic compared to a Crest/SP final or even a Forestview/SP final, this could be a interesting game. I would give the edge to FV because they have a strong running game with Moe Neal that would cause ER some problem.

Originally posted by seadog28:

Originally posted by rockstrong:

+1, rockstrong. Havelock is good and is very well coached. I will never disrespect that fact. However, in my opinion, a mystique has been developed and the Rams start out at least 14 to 0 in every game they play (except New Bern). It will take a team that has a huge chip on their shoulders and has a very nasty disposition to make them work. A special set of players will say F. U. and the Rams will be in trouble. It could happen in the east.
Come on DAWG!!!!

It appears as if the lack of oxygen at high altitudes has damaged some cells!!!
Havelock rolls to another title & makes it look easy!!

TW

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT