ADVERTISEMENT

Forestview 48 East Gaston 14

egfan

Jul 22, 2003
EG was down 13-0 before we ran our first offensive play! We didn't put up much of a fight, 41-7 at the half. Congrats to Forestview and good luck the rest of the way.It was a fairly good season for the Warriors, but the last 2 weeks were a downer. A pretty good nucleus returns for us next year.

Never fun facing the same team two weeks in a row. However, things appear to be looking up for the Warriors. You and TarheelWarrior have waited a long time for a decent season.

We knew it would be a tall task tonight so the only game plan that made sense was to come out super aggressive to try to make something happen. Opened the game with an onside kick that didn't work (FV scored quickly with the short field) and EG then fumbled the ensuing kickoff giving FV another short field and easy score. Putting yourself in a hole that early on a cold night makes it real easy to lose focus and get caught up in that snowball rolling down hill. Although the strategy didn't work, I have no problem with taking the chance.

Proud of the guys effort each and every week this season. Good luck in life to the seniors on this team in whatever you do. I enjoyed watching you all this year.

No Moe or Crawford in the second half at all. This one could have gotten ugly but I love getting the backups alot of play time.

East Gaston gambled on the first play on the onside kick, but lost. Then the breaks went against them. Forestview finally put together a complete game and we saw the results of it. I think everybody got some PT in tonight. The young Jaguars came in the second half, including JV move-ups, and did well.

The future is looking bright in South Gastonia.

Hats off to East Gaston for continuing to fight even when the deck was stacked against them!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT