ADVERTISEMENT

Forestview 34 - East Gaston 0

Tarheel Warrior

Nov 13, 2005
Arrowhead Stadium
The Warriors went toe to toe with Jaguars the entire first half. FV led 7-0 at the half but we had outgained them in yards and first downed them to death. Should have been tied had we not lost that fumble near the goal line. Not seeking moral victory but just evaluating that was probably one of our best halves of the season considering the completion. Unfortunately, the second half was all FV. The pounding we took play after play from Moe Neal wore our defense down to where we couldn't get off the field like we had previously. We had basically no answer for FV's running game in the second half. Unfortunately, got a little chippy at the end of the game with personal foul flags flying everywhere after FV flexed it's muscles by punching it in one more time with 34 seconds to play.

Yea we probably could have took a knee up 28-0 at that point, then again calling time outs down 28-0 had alittle to do with it to. Great game plan by East in the first half of using the play clocks and getting to under 5 seconds to snap the ball. Best way to slow a team down is font let them have the ball. I see East Gaston as a very improved team from a year ago. If you guys do sneak in the playoffs best of luck.

I wish the 2nd half would have been as good as the first, but it wasn't to be. Ya'll whipped our butts. I knew Medlin would get that last score, there is no love lost between him and East Gaston..... Congrats on the BigSouth Championship.

Not saying it's right or it's wrong, but he did do it with his back-up QB and RB.

Don't read too much into it...what would you do when you're opponent is calling timeouts with 4 minutes left and decides to go for it on 4th down from there 20.

Takes a little fun out of the experience of playing different teams in the playoff but preliminary brackets show a rematch with Medlin and his boys.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I promise you we will use all 6 of our time outs Friday night just because it's cold outside and we like it. I'm sure EG will have extra motivation now after the ending last night.

Forestview played you with a closed play book Friday night. Dive dive sweep and a pass here and there. We didn't have to go in it very deep at all. We gave you 3 formations, we gave South Point and Ashbrook 8 different looks and setups.

Anyway you look at it playing each other back to back sucks. Also, let me get this straight; you were playing for an out right conference championship and high playoff seed and you used a close play book against us? Great strategy. Was your strategy also to basically play us even in the 1st half and then pour it on in the second half?

This post was edited on 11/8 3:04 PM by egfan

34-0

Pretty much...

But I will say EG much improved from past years. Good to see that, I'm not sure where to give the credit for that. If it's to the coaching staff or to players finally just making plays, but from what I saw last night EG is definitely an improved ball club.

Originally posted by egfan:
Also, let me get this straight; you were playing for an out right conference championship and high playoff seed and you used a close play book against us? Great strategy. Was your strategy also to basically play us even in the 1st half and then pour it on in the second half?
I'm not buying it one bit egfan. I can't say I know Forestview's eight formation playbook because I've only seen them now twice (early in the season in their loss to Kings Mountain and last night). But, if in fact it is true, which I don't believe it is, it doesn't cast a good light on their coach to come in with a "closed playbook" game plan with so much on the line. Such a plan would be asinine.

Originally posted by rockstrong:
34-0

Pretty much...

But I will say EG much improved from past years. Good to see that, I'm not sure where to give the credit for that. If it's to the coaching staff or to players finally just making plays, but from what I saw last night EG is definitely an improved ball club.
Both.... it is what it is....looking forward to the re-match

I really dislike rematches a week later. That being said and after watching the game last night, next week could get ugly. East Gaston is much improved from last year. Looking forward to good game by both teams.

Originally posted by strangerdanger:
It smells of the pod system again.
That's exactly what I was thinking! There were 3 other 5-5 teams and they stick us with EG again??? Really???
This post was edited on 11/9 8:38 AM by BadBoy_Jag

Originally posted by Tarheel Warrior:

Also, let me get this straight; you were playing for an out right conference championship and high playoff seed and you used a close play book against us? Great strategy. Was your strategy also to basically play us even in the 1st half and then pour it on in the second half?
I'm not buying it one bit egfan. I can't say I know Forestview's eight formation playbook because I've only seen them now twice (early in the season in their loss to Kings Mountain and last night). But, if in fact it is true, which I don't believe it is, it doesn't cast a good light on their coach to come in with a "closed playbook" game plan with so much on the line. Such a plan would be asinine.
Forestview was pretty vanilla in the first half. They did open it up a little bit in the second half. But they have not gone into their complete bag of tricks like I have seen at various times during the year. Plus, Forestview pretty much played subpar the first half. Definitely did not witness their A-game.

I am withholding any predictions like I've been doing all season!

From what's been floating around, rumors wise, is that we didn't need to open it up. We had the number 1 draw out of conference so need to go balls out and show East everything. Not to mention we played on a short week so not alot of time to really prepare. Next week you're going to get an opened up play book and odds are you're not going to like it. We can put up points in one half of football, just ask Ashbrook.

Originally posted by RealJaguar01:
From what's been floating around, rumors wise, is that we didn't need to open it up. We had the number 1 draw out of conference so need to go balls out and show East everything. Not to mention we played on a short week so not alot of time to really prepare. Next week you're going to get an opened up play book and odds are you're not going to like it. We can put up points in one half of football, just ask Ashbrook.
We didn't play that well either....no way I would have thought we would have been shutout. Our RT and RG didn't play at all (I don't why they were held out), that hurt our passing game - Adams basically ran for his life the whole night. Hopefully they play this week. Forestview is very good and we know that, I'm just glad we are back in the playoffs after 2 miserable seasons.

I'm just glad you guys are back in Big South action. If Ashbrook don't watch it they might be playing Charlotte for a few years.

I'm just glad you guys are back in Big South action. If Ashbrook don't watch it they might be playing Charlotte for a few years.
Good for them....

Good for them....
Shoot, if East Gaston loses as many students as I think they will when Cramerton gets a Senior class they may be playing 2A ball joining Lincoln County. Of course, I don't think that would bother the East Gaston faithful.

Originally posted by BadBoy_Jag:

Good for them....
Shoot, if East Gaston loses as many students as I think they will when Cramerton gets a Senior class they may be playing 2A ball joining Lincoln County. Of course, I don't think that would bother the East Gaston faithful.
Just hope you guys never end up in Charlotte....it is just bad on so many levels. East Gaston prefers to be in a conference with the Gaston County teams.

Originally posted by BadBoy_Jag:

Good for them....
With the current ADMs and allowing for some adjustments up or down, Ashbrook should be shipped off to 4A conference in Charlotte; Hunter Huss will have to compete on a 3A level: but Stuart Cramer (who had an ADM of 775 and probably will be at 1000 next fall) may stay 2A (unless the GC BOE does something stupid like try to merge SC and SP). That leaves room to bring Crest, Kings Mountain and Burns back into the Big South 3A fold with SP, EG, FV, NG and HH (as it should be). In fact, for all I care, SC can go play ball in the SMAC 2A.

I like it. Ashbrook's coach is from East Meck so they should fit right in and feel comfortable. We've paid our dues and served our sentence, time for someone else to step up.

Forestview lost a defensive lineman (#75) against Huss. He didn't play against East Gaston, and it is my understanding the he is out for the season with a knee. That's a tough break for him and the team going forward into the playoffs. Very disruptive player on the D Line. High motor player.

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:
Forestview lost a defensive lineman (#75) against Huss. He didn't play against East Gaston, and it is my understanding the he is out for the season with a knee. That's a tough break for him and the team going forward into the playoffs. Very disruptive player on the D Line. High motor player.
Yeah that is a total bummer right there. Hopefully, he can bounce back next year. He and #54 will be a force in the middle once again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT