ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills vs. Anson County Cancelled

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
The conference game scheduled for tonight between Forest Hills and Anson County has been cancelled due to a shooting earlier this week in Wadesboro. One student, from Monroe High, was shot and rushed to the hospital, while another student/athlete from Anson High was shot and killed. The altercation began during a pick up basketball game at a ballpark specifically built for kids to go to and feel safe to play ball. Unfortunately it seems kids can't go anywhere anymore and be safe. The shooter has not been caught that I'm aware of. Prayers for both young men and their families.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders Rollin
I was so siked to see them play. I was so upset as an Anson Fan. We have a new coach. This is his second year. He's arrogant and talks too much. BUT! That young man can coach his ass off. He is leaving Anson this year. Somebody in North Carolina is going to get a good Coach. We have won only 18 games in 3 years. He may pass that this season. Administrators have tied his hands with suspensions for minor things. Maybe the best coach we had since Sides, whom I loved. We have played an extremely hard schedule. Playoff time we are going to be a tough out. We have lost only one game in 2A. We were up 30-19 on MT. Pleasant. Somehow they shot 37 free throws to 6. We still lost only by two. I just wish that the coach would calm down on the sidelines. The young man has them playing better, but he doesn't respect small-town politics. Coming from Atlanta, he has to learn and learn fast. Anson playing without 6'9 sophomore Ken Wall, 6'4 Jr. F Kobe Teal 6'5 Senior John Williams, 5'11 Guard Naj'e Marshall (North Meck transfer). All for different issues ranging from, Suspension, to eligibility issues. The 6'9 kid is actually eligible. I like the new coach, I just think his arrogance has rubbed some people the wrong way. I think they may get Forest Hills once. Coach told me they beat South Granville in a scrimmage earlier in the year. But the team is down 4 players off that squad. Our AAU coach states that ADMIN may be the worse in America.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he's running a "loose ship", treating public school basketball like AAU. Athletes may like it, but in the end school is about education not winning basketball games. With that many kids being suspended/ineligible, maybe the question should be asked why are there that many issues?

No Sir,
I think he means well. He is trying to force-feed/ fast track issues that take time. I think the young man is learning. The community/fans/parents actually like him. He will get it or be replaced in my opinion.

Reactions: GreyGod623
Anson County is always loaded with athletes. Never could understand why they aren't more successful in football and basketball. They've had some good teams and coaches in the past but could never get but so far in the playoffs.

Guys! The issue at Anson County isn't related to what is happening in the streets or community. As a real Anson County constituent. Forest Hills, made the issue worse for Anson Basketball. Coach Sides played the right card. That coach we got is coming, and Sides wanted every advantage he could play. Now every school in the conference is taking advantage. If my memory serves me correctly the Anson Boys haven't lost at home. Sides knew that was going to be a problem for him. Anson being down 4 players had Forest Hills 19--10 at end of the first. Sides just wore them down. Just hearsay from people at the game. I don't know the whole story. I couldn't attend. The Forest Hills fans told me personally our new coach is going to be a problem in the near future. When he figures out how to solve the culture issues. Sides run at the top of the conference is over. Being honest that fluke win at Mt Pleasant hurt badly. Now Anson has to pray someone upsets Forest Hills down the stretch. I talked to two coaches from Anson, not having no bigs really hurt Anson. Feb 14th is going to be a battle.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he's running a "loose ship", treating public school basketball like AAU. Athletes may like it, but in the end school is about education not winning basketball games. With that many kids being suspended/ineligible, maybe the question should be asked why are there that many issues?
Two words: AWESOME POST

Reactions: GreyGod623
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT