ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills HC?

I hope they find a great coach. Too much talent at Forest Hills to not be in the playoffs every year and be a contender. From the early 80's to the mid 2000's FH had only missed the playoffs a handful of times. Won a state championship, went up a division and went back to the title game and made numerous appearances in the late rounds and in the regional finals. Just don't understand what's happened the last few years.

Just be patience.When u run spread offense,u got to have the athletes.They just don’t have the athletes to run that offense.No one told me that.I saw this myself

Just be patience.When u run spread offense,u got to have the athletes.They just don’t have the athletes to run that offense.No one told me that.I saw this myself
I wouldn't say that they don't have the athletes for it, its a combination of things, IMO. FH has a number of athletes that don't play due to academics, and I believe that some personnel changes would yield more production on that side of the ball. If the culture of the program can be improved, you'll see more wins.

Love to see them get someone with a successful coaching resume and not just someone totally new to being a head coach. Forest Hills is always loaded with athletes. The track team is always one of the best, soccer team was ranked high in the nation, basketball has been to the title game the last two seasons, winning one. Baseball is usually competitive. Sorry if I'm rambling just wish FH could get back where it was. Just proud to be a Yellow Jacket....class of 1990.

It was a great program for many, many years. Has there been a school open that took away athletes? Or they just need some new blood at HFC to reinvigorate the program?

There have been numerous new schools in Union County over the years. When I was at FH there were 5 high schools in Union County. Now there are 12 with a 13th in the works, but all of them have been built on the Charlotte side of the county. No new ones have been built on the eastern side where Forest Hills is located. Forest Hills enrollment has stayed steady for years, usually between 950-1000 students.

Where is the new high school going to be built? What schools will it pull from?

I know of the five from before the 2000 building boom. Four additional district high schools since built. CATA and the magnet, Union County. What is the twelfth?

Forest Hills, Piedmont, Parkwood, Sun Valley, Monroe, Weddington, Porter Ridge, Marvin Ridge, Central Academy, Cuthbertson, Metrolina Christian, and Union Academy are the twelve. The 13th I've been told about is supposed to help with over crowding especially at Porter Ridge. These plans for the school might have changed. I heard about them when I worked for the county a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Coach Jammie Deese, a Scotland County alum, has been named head coach at Forest Hills.

Great pedigree coming from the Scotland County program, and a stickler for excellence. You’ll see a team that’s going to do things the right way, plays hard, and will be disciplined.

Ingredients for success.

More info on Coach Deese: https://www.ucpsathletics.com/foresthills

Last edited:
No doubt one of the best hires in the state. Nothing but positive things from former players and demands the best out of athletes and helps mold better human beings. Given time Forest Hills can become dangerous. Great Hire!

No doubt one of the best hires in the state. Nothing but positive things from former players and demands the best out of athletes and helps mold better human beings. Given time Forest Hills can become dangerous. Great Hire!

Your second sentence is dead-on.

He definitely can develop a potent offense. His UWF Argonauts walloped Wingate University in the Division II playoffs. Marshville and Wingate are where Forest Hills kids come from so we've seen what he can do first hand. Just hope he can bring that same offense a little ways back up Highway 74.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT