ADVERTISEMENT

Flu

NM88

Aug 29, 2014
Siler City, NC
I know it doesn't seem football related; however, this year's flu season is underway and is hitting hard. It's the one factor out there that could suddenly eliminate a title contender without warning. I was looking over flu data, and from the west coast to east, it's impacting us all. A friend of mine in education stated that their working overtime to keep their kids washing hands, eating and drinking right, sleeping, etc. One athlete who comes down with the bug will spread it to all 2-3 days before showing any symptoms. In short, keep those athletes healthy because the flu is not the underdog........

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
And the bad news is there is now a shortage on antibiotics. Who would have guessed

And the bad news is there is now a shortage on antibiotics. Who would have guessed
I have had all my Covid shots (4) and my flu shot last week. But Flu shots are only about 60 percent effective, I read somewhere. I have never got the Flu when I got my shots and I will be 72 in December and started getting the Flu shot at age 50 and can only remember having the Flu once and that was around 1987.

I have had all my Covid shots (4) and my flu shot last week. But Flu shots are only about 60 percent effective, I read somewhere. I have never got the Flu when I got my shots and I will be 72 in December and started getting the Flu shot at age 50 and can only remember having the Flu once and that was around 1987.
Me too I've had 5 covid shots got the lastest booster which is Omicron specific at the same time I got my flu shot. 60% is better than 0 but even if the vaccine doesn't completely prevent the flu, it may lessen the severity of your illness
I don't remember ever getting the flu and for some reason never got the shot until I had heart stints put in. My youngest never did until she got the flu for the first time on a 7 hour trip she's gotten it ever since.

Me too I've had 5 covid shots got the lastest booster which is Omicron specific at the same time I got my flu shot. 60% is better than 0 but even if the vaccine doesn't completely prevent the flu, it may lessen the severity of your illness
I don't remember ever getting the flu and for some reason never got the shot until I had heart stints put in. My youngest never did until she got the flu for the first time on a 7 hour trip she's gotten it ever since.
You make a good point about vaccines not being 100% which some seem to think they should be or they are a failure. None of the COVID vaccines are 100% effective and neither is the flu shot. And yes, you can still get ill and spread these viruses after vaccination. Ideally, they will keep you from getting ill and having any symptoms. But their main use is to prevent severe illness, lessen the chances of hospitalization, speed up the recovery process and greatly reduce the odds of death. But some stubborn folks think if these vaccines are not 100% effective 100% of the time they are pointless and refuse to get them.

Stubborn people sit and listen to talking heads argue all day on tv stations marked for entertainment spread lies, fear, and misinformation. It's easy to do when something is complex and you don't understand it.

Regarding the flu, it's no surprise it's back with vengence. Experts knew this would happen. It's like what we did the past few years was actually effective at curbing sickiness, but people don't want to acknowledge that. Instead they went out and elected a bunch of loonies for school boards that are going to cause great harm to our schools. Yes talking about you Elkin City and Surry County Schools amongst many others.

Last edited:
Reactions: fitguync30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT