ADVERTISEMENT

Flora McDonald Academy in Red Springs?

heelzfor2

Aug 16, 2002
What is up with them winning this year? I see they have beat some traditionally good public school teams.

They brought in 6 or 7 players and have them with host families. As a staff member told me "the direction of the program has changed". I think the coach came from Laurinburg Inst. I know they have a junior from alabama thats a top 25 junior in the country.

Laurinburg Institute closed. Their head coach went to Flora Mac, where several of his players also enrolled.
This post was edited on 1/3 8:02 PM by FBRef

Wow, I guess FMA has become a prep school. Its good to see them making some noise. I went there from the 3rd to the 8th grade and have kept up with them off an on over the years. I saw where they beat Red Springs, then someone told me they also beat Lumberton. I knew something had to be up. Thanks for the info.

the 6'8" kid is a major talent and they have some nice guards as well

but the coach is a jerk and his act is wearing them at FMA

I don't expect him to be there next year

he just had no place to take his kids this year

To me, Friday Knight, if what you say is correct that would say a lot about the administrative leadership at the school.

Don't know about the coach being a jerk, or how the FMA administration feels about him, but I can say, the guy can coach. I have never seen the FMA gym packed until this year, so there are a few benefits. If they do have differences, hopefully they can work them out. If the guy is that bad, they should not wait until next year, they should get rid of him now.

How did they do with Mt. Zion saturday? Any one have a score? Saw they lost to word of god friday by 6 or 7. Also no CJ Leslie in the box score for word of god what's he done now?

Originally posted by Texas-T:
I have never seen the FMA gym packed until this year, so there are a few benefits.

Doesn't tale much to pack that crackerbox....maybe 200 people.

Lol... FBRef, you are so right, I think trying to put 200 fans in that gym might cause the the fire marshall to show up...
laugh.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT