ADVERTISEMENT

First day numbers

Thanks for doing this, one of the best threads every year. I'll have some info for my team this evening we start at 6.

Robbinsville has 12. 11 on offense( switch em up) 11 on defense and a dang good kicker, punter . All jokes aside, hope everyone is healthy or healing from last season’s injuries. With the quick turnaround I hope we don’t see a ton of injuries early in the season. I wonder how many of these kids have actually healed? It would be tough to hold a senior out for 3 or 4 games while he’s being treated for injuries he got 3 or 4 months ago. When you have 25 on the roster and people hurt some young kids ( sophomores and freshmen) better grow up fast. I can’t think of a better test than a young , inexperienced defense trying to contain Asheville High’s speed and athleticism. Got to hand it to Coach Walsh he came up with a non- conference that has a “ pulse “

Just browsing through this forum. With my team South Iredell (4A) now, the numbers were way down back in the spring. Usually they would have 70+ players. They only had around 35 or so. Haven’t seen the team yet but Max Prep only shows around 35 players for this fall. Statesville numbers are down as well. Even Statesville and some other schools didn’t have a JV team. I think covid plus moving the games back up in the spring messed up a lot of schools. JMO.

What is it you think? I don't understand. Our jv team had 35 players last year
I'm saying IF robbinsville has low numbers I wouldn't think it's because of the virus. Robbinsville has been going almost like normal and not many are vaccinated.

I heard Varsity numbers were low.

Andrews was at 15 day one. Was told yesterday they're going to have to move a bunch of their freshman up from JV.

Reactions: GreyGod623
There were 35 in uniform for tonight's "Meet the Players" at Murphy High School. I know of two who weren't there, so looks like 37 total. That's a better turnout than we've been having and I have to say this ... most every one of those kids can contribute in some form or fashion. Looking forward to a "Fall" football season.

Reactions: mhs95
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT