ADVERTISEMENT

Final Week of the Regular Season Picks!

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Mount Airy at Alleghany

The blowout streak is coming to a slowdown starting soon. One last chance to rest up before the off season.

Surry Central at East Surry

SC got thumped last week by North surry and badly need a redemption game while East has been jamming.. Battle of two 180’s in terms of mental position. East is just more talented in the skill spots and more athletic and Central’s trouble spot has always been speed on the outside. Another situation of that tonight baring a surprise.

Elkin at South Stokes

Elkin is reeling after losing their heart of their offense while South is jammin’ off a big but close win over North Stokes last week for homecoming. Elkin is too beat up to mount a serious challenge here unless South has another very sloppy game. Carrick is on fire and Elkin struggles vs the run and south is better on the line with more depth. South hasn’t beaten Elkin since the 70’s I believe but tonight has a good shot of that happening.

Forbush at Wilkes Central

Forbush looks to be more healthier however their underwhelming play has forced them downwards so they got to make the most of tonights matchup. WC is more athletic than the Bush but Bush’s line is better and it will be just enough to give them the edge.

Starmount at East Wilkes

These two are battling for 2nd place of the NW tonight in Ronda and a huge seed position. East has had the Rams number the past few years and it’s become a good series since 2015. I expect another close matchup here tonight. East badly needs the Graham kid back but he’s looking iffy. If he plays it will be close but if not then I see Starmount running away with it. Their run game is jamming right now. This is a game Starmount badly needs for program morale.. If they win here they will have a lot of momentum next month and into 2022. East meanwhile is trying to stay afloat and WIlmoth has the cannons pointed at him. They need the win here too. Might be a barn burner.

Ashe Co at Watauga

These two played earlier in the year for some odd reason at Ashe to get them gate money and Watauga rolled. Watauga should still win again but Ashe has really picked it up and will make a closer game this time.

Galax VA at West Stokes

In one of the more random matchups I’ve seen in a while Galax comes to King to play West Stokes. The Tide are a different beast than a lot of NC teams around here so the Wildcats better have their hard fighting shoes on. I think this one will be much closer due to Johnson’s coaching but Galax has a few more athletes and #’s than what West has. West needs to stay as healthy as possible for next week.

North Forsyth at McMichael

What went from being a close matchup is now the 2nd place game for the conference with a ton of implications on this matchup due to Walkertown’s folly’s. The winner of this one will get 2nd place and possibly a home playoff game. NF is the more athletic of the two but they are facing injuries and struggle vs physical teams and that’s what McMichael is. Despite their loss they have a lot of momentum and they badly need to win it here. It should be a close game here.. McMichael needs to keep the ball away from NF as their speed could give them fits. NF badly needs #3 back at linebacker or else their D will have a long night. NF could very well win this one but McMichael has more momentum right now.

HP Andrews at Walkertown

Wonder what happened in Wtown? Has McKoy screwed up like he did in 2014? Regardless it is NOT a good timing night at all for the Pack as they host McKoy’s old team tonight. HP Andrews is in rough shape and badly need a step up moving forward and a win vs Walkertown will do that but easier said than done. Most likely this now will be the Pack’s finale for the year. Ouch indeed.

Bishop at Christ The King

Bishop has some momentum after thumping WS Prep last week while CTK badly needs some. The long drive may mess with the Villains minds so they better not overlook these kids. Carver did and it almost bit them. Bishop is more physical and it’s all that matters here.

Missed WS Prep and Carver but we all knew what was gonna happen there lol.

59-21 heading into the last week.. woulda been dead perfect if I hadn't been a fool and picked WS Prep. Figured their speed would win the day.. they could have; until I seen that lineplay. Ouch!

I'm not picking a winner between West Wilkes and South Davidson. That one is too hard to pick. It's a pure tossup and I don't want to jinx either one as both deserve a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT