ADVERTISEMENT

Final Thoughts Elizabeth City Northeastern

Mar 5, 2021
Congratulations to the Reidsville Rams Players and Coaching Staff. Coach Teague really had his players and staff mentally and physically prepared for this game. As a former player of Northeastern this is a had pill to swallow. In my honest opinion I think Athlete wise Reidsville and Northeastern are the best teams in the 2A Classification. What set these two teams apart is tradition, culture, and coaching. Coach Moore has done an amazing job of turning the program around at Northeastern. I played under Coach Eric McDaniels and during that time the Northeastern program wasn’t the top program in the state year-end and year out. Yeah, we had some great athletes to come through but we wasn’t a powerhouse or anything during that time. Coach Moore has put Northeastern on the map and has changed the culture of that program and the whole Elizabeth City community. Coach Moore has been to 3 State Titles in his 16 seasons at Northeastern 0-3 I believe that 2018 Team was the best opportunity for Northeastern to win it all. Northeastern will be losing 18 seniors after last night game. Juniors Freshwater, Jones, and Fletcher will be the standouts that will be coming back for Northeastern. With the enrollment dropping every year for Northeastern I foresee Northeastern having a down year maybe even rebuilding it’s program. Has Coach Moore time at Northeastern come to an end? I don’t want no one to think I want this man fired or anything like that because I don’t but maybe from a coaching position it’s time for Coach Moore to grow and lead another program. If he stays, I do think he needs to change up his coaching staff and bring in some new people with new fresh ideas and schemes to the program. Playing in Northeastern NC you can be one dimensional against Currituck, First Flight, Pasquotank, Edenton, and Hertford County because you can just beat people just off Athletic talent alone. But when you play a team like Reidsville with the same amount of talent now you must take it to the X’S and O’S and knowing about match ups and schemes and I think that’s what has hurt Northeastern for the past 3 years against Reidsville. Big time players make Big time plays and I believe that applies to coaching as well. I would like to see some young minded experienced coaches possibly from out of town with no ties to the program or the area come in with fresh ideas and schemes. I think once that happens, and you put the type of Athletes Northeastern has every year I truly believe that Northeastern can start winning some state titles. I love the Green and Gold and I take pride in Northeastern I just hope we can over come this hurdle of not being able to win in big time games and situations. Once we can do that then we will finally be able to bring a State championship to Elizabeth City.

Congratulations to the Reidsville Rams Players and Coaching Staff. Coach Teague really had his players and staff mentally and physically prepared for this game. As a former player of Northeastern this is a had pill to swallow. In my honest opinion I think Athlete wise Reidsville and Northeastern are the best teams in the 2A Classification. What set these two teams apart is tradition, culture, and coaching. Coach Moore has done an amazing job of turning the program around at Northeastern. I played under Coach Eric McDaniels and during that time the Northeastern program wasn’t the top program in the state year-end and year out. Yeah, we had some great athletes to come through but we wasn’t a powerhouse or anything during that time. Coach Moore has put Northeastern on the map and has changed the culture of that program and the whole Elizabeth City community. Coach Moore has been to 3 State Titles in his 16 seasons at Northeastern 0-3 I believe that 2018 Team was the best opportunity for Northeastern to win it all. Northeastern will be losing 18 seniors after last night game. Juniors Freshwater, Jones, and Fletcher will be the standouts that will be coming back for Northeastern. With the enrollment dropping every year for Northeastern I foresee Northeastern having a down year maybe even rebuilding it’s program. Has Coach Moore time at Northeastern come to an end? I don’t want no one to think I want this man fired or anything like that because I don’t but maybe from a coaching position it’s time for Coach Moore to grow and lead another program. If he stays, I do think he needs to change up his coaching staff and bring in some new people with new fresh ideas and schemes to the program. Playing in Northeastern NC you can be one dimensional against Currituck, First Flight, Pasquotank, Edenton, and Hertford County because you can just beat people just off Athletic talent alone. But when you play a team like Reidsville with the same amount of talent now you must take it to the X’S and O’S and knowing about match ups and schemes and I think that’s what has hurt Northeastern for the past 3 years against Reidsville. Big time players make Big time plays and I believe that applies to coaching as well. I would like to see some young minded experienced coaches possibly from out of town with no ties to the program or the area come in with fresh ideas and schemes. I think once that happens, and you put the type of Athletes Northeastern has every year I truly believe that Northeastern can start winning some state titles. I love the Green and Gold and I take pride in Northeastern I just hope we can over come this hurdle of not being able to win in big time games and situations. Once we can do that then we will finally be able to bring a State championship to Elizabeth City.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you sound like a fan and a person that is clueless to coaching and High School Football. Doing research and watching NHS become a powerhouse they have established dominant stance in whipping all top notch 2A Programs in the State. Northeastern athletes A-Z doesn't match up with Reidsville athIetes. If you were looking at the game, you would have seen that!! I watched from the network and couldn't believe the athIetes Reidsville had on that field. Young blood you don't win 22 State Championship for nothing. Maybe every Coach in the State should be replaced because they dominant everyone! Lol! Coach Moore is an amazing Coach. Three State Championship Appearances, 6 out of 10 years Regional Finals and by intenet stats has a 178-39 record. I saw on a board a couple months ago he has sent 66 kids to school on scholarships in the last 16 years. Wow. Young buck you don't know what you're talking about. Again I would love for him to come to Southwest. Wasn't he a Shrine Bowl Coach last?

Not to unduly interfere with NE fans and their concerns(?) about their program, but if anyone thinks NE has athletes to match up with Reidsville you are not being realistic. Reidsville has way more at every position than NE with speed that cannot be matched. The Eagles lines are slow and the WR are no more than average. Proctor is a great RB playing at QB because he is by far the best athlete on the team.

It takes years with kids starting in the Rec Leagues and Middle School to develop the kind of offenses like the Rams employ. And it takes excellent coaching from the head coach to assistants. Reidsville has assistant coaches that have been with the program for many decades and are the best in the business.

Good luck to the Eagles going forward. I have enjoyed meeting some of your fans and wish you the best. You have a great program but there are virtually no teams in 2A that can compete right now with Reidsville, excepting Shelby and maybe Burns .

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you sound like a fan and a person that is clueless to coaching and High School Football. Doing research and watching NHS become a powerhouse they have established dominant stance in whipping all top notch 2A Programs in the State. Northeastern athletes A-Z doesn't match up with Reidsville athIetes. If you were looking at the game, you would have seen that!! I watched from the network and couldn't believe the athIetes Reidsville had on that field. Young blood you don't win 22 State Championship for nothing. Maybe every Coach in the State should be replaced because they dominant everyone! Lol! Coach Moore is an amazing Coach. Three State Championship Appearances, 6 out of 10 years Regional Finals and by intenet stats has a 178-39 record. I saw on a board a couple months ago he has sent 66 kids to school on scholarships in the last 16 years. Wow. Young buck you don't know what you're talking about. Again I would love for him to come to Southwest. Wasn't he a Shrine Bowl Coach last?
Is SWE looking a head coach?

Not to unduly interfere with NE fans and their concerns(?) about their program, but if anyone thinks NE has athletes to match up with Reidsville you are not being realistic. Reidsville has way more at every position than NE with speed that cannot be matched. The Eagles lines are slow and the WR are no more than average. Proctor is a great RB playing at QB because he is by far the best athlete on the team.

It takes years with kids starting in the Rec Leagues and Middle School to develop the kind of offenses like the Rams employ. And it takes excellent coaching from the head coach to assistants. Reidsville has assistant coaches that have been with the program for many decades and are the best in the business.

Good luck to the Eagles going forward. I have enjoyed meeting some of your fans and wish you the best. You have a great program but there are virtually no teams in 2A that can compete right now with Reidsville, excepting Shelby and maybe Burns .
I wouldn't put them on that kind of pedestal. yes they're having a good run, but no one last forever, not even Reidsville.

I wouldn't put them on that kind of pedestal. yes they're having a good run, but no one last forever, not even Reidsville.
No one ever said it does. This fall is going to be a major equalizer. 4 champs vs 8 is going to change everything. Think about the last several years... Shelby nor Reidsville would have the same number of championships.... Same thing in every other division. I honestly would love to see 6 divisions.

We've only really had two true down years though, 2010 and 2015. The rest of the 2000's we have been in contention. You're right though, this season will be a challenge for how young we will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT