ADVERTISEMENT

Final Shelby 31 Clinton 7

WINSTON SALEM - Clinton quarterback Aaron Viser summed up the frustration the Dark Horses felt in Saturday's 31-7 loss to Shelby in the NCHSAA 2-A state football final.

"That's just such a great defense," Viser said. "If they're in your backfield like that, there's not a whole lot you can do. Not in any part of the game. You can't run like that. You can't pass like that. You can't do anything."

"I'll give it to Shelby," Lewis said. "They've got a good football team. That was the best defense we've seen all year."

Word!!!!

Well 1st off hats off to posters who showed back up after a week of smack talk...
Shelbys lines were alot to do with it. On the win today...we controlled line of scrimmage all day...
But that D...the defense I told Clinton posters about all week..They were to much to handle...And I pretty much stick to saying Clinton is One dimensional...You tryed to pass but our dbs were too good..

Even turned ball over 4 times and still recovered to pretty much dominate the game...But Congrats to Clinton on great year....
Go lions.

Contrat. Lions!!!! Best defense I've seen Shelby have. The players and coaches worked really hard this year and it paid off.
Back to back!

A lot of the plaudits on this thread have gone to the defense (and rightly so), but the Shelby offense wasn't bad either against a Clinton defense that held nine of 14 previous opponents to single digits and posted four shutouts over the previous nine games.

Chad Reid is a determined runner that rarely gets stopped by a solo tackle and R.J. George (somebody said this before) looks like Ben Roethlisberger with his size and the way he's so elusive in the pocket. He's also great at carrying out fakes -- Clinton's defense was totally fooled a couple of times -- allowing him to get away with some big gains.

And of course the unheralded offensive line deserves much of the credit. I don't know how many of those guys will graduate along with Reid and George but the rest of the 2-A class will be glad they don't have to see them again.

repeated post.

This post was edited on 12/14 8:14 AM by TGT

Originally posted by TGT:
repeated post.

This post was edited on 12/14 8:14 AM by TGT
RJ George deserves so much credit for being the leader of this team and never losing a playoff game as a starter.He does so much with his passing,rushing and seeing the field.He made big play after big play this year and deserves to be the QB on the 2A all state team.

I stated this after the Reidsville game and I say again after watching the Clinton game....QB play for Shelby (George) was the real difference in the game.....outstanding decisions....Shelby's D is the real deal.....they shut the Rams team down like nobody has for 20 yrs or so...and they shut down Clinton's power running I'm assuming like nobody has in a while......Congrats Golden Lions.........will not be long before we'll start all up again......lol..........

Offensive line has improved all year. I know our defense was superior this year but our offensive line got better throughout the year. We'll miss Hopper at tackle but the rest of the O-line should be back next year. Looking forward to seeing them get even better and stronger for 2015.

Congrats again yall were flat out better amd just dominated every aspect of the game if it was not fornthe fumbles hell the mercybrule probably would of been enforced.....Skinner getting hurt didnt help either but at the end of the day it didnt matter Shelby was better

Great team win for Shelby.

I was impressed by the Golden Lion's skill players too. #5 and #6 made big plays often.

The Clinton QB threw some great passes. A couple that should have been caught.

Clinton's punter was top notch too!

Originally posted by Darkhorse#34:
Congrats again yall were flat out better amd just dominated every aspect of the game if it was not fornthe fumbles hell the mercybrule probably would of been enforced.....Skinner getting hurt didnt help either but at the end of the day it didnt matter Shelby was better
It was fun to go back and fourth all week but this year Shelby was the better team.As for Clinton nothing but respect for a great program and we all know the Dark Horses will be back again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT