ADVERTISEMENT

Final Shelby 31 Clinton 7

Shelby Lion

Oct 3, 2002
Dirty Ankle, NC
Complete domination by the Lions today..... What a great way to end the season by beating the tough darkhorses

Reid over 170 yards rushing for Shelby, well over 400 yards...

Congrats to the DarkHorses on a great season

Clinton congrats on a great season(you should be proud..great great come back to glory)...Shelby congrats on the win.I was told by a college buddy in coaching that Shelby would beat anyone in the east by 30.. 2 weeks ago.. as he is a HS football nut and travels around...boy was he not exaggerating at how good Shelby is..
..that was the best 2A D. front I have seen in 10 years

Congrats to Shelby!! I told a couple Shelby fans after we played yall I didn't' see how any team in 2a could play with the Golden Lions this year.

This post was edited on 12/13 3:11 PM by PolkHeel

Congratulations to Coach Ware and the Shelby Golden Lions! You showed once again today why Shelby is one of the best high school football programs in North Carolina.

GO LIONS!

Congratulations to the Golden Lions. You certainly had the dominant 2A team this year. Back to back again and again. Very impressive.

Congrats on yet another championship. Once again I'm happy as a Cleveland County fan and jealous as a Bulldog fan.

Congrats to Shelby. Dominating performance despite the turnovers. Shelby Lion, you can now breathe normally.

Originally posted by 71relic:

Congrats to Shelby. Dominating performance despite the turnovers. Shelby Lion, you can now breathe normally.
Thanks bud..... Ill admit, when Skinner broke that long TD run I thought "Oh NO"..... Defense played well rest of the way, and once we started holding the ball, things started clicking... Proud of the Lions....It was a great season

Good luck to your Chargers, now you can start having trouble breathing.. LOL Pulling for yall

Congrats Shelby...other than the 1 run by Clinton, The Lions D was really special....makes me feel a little better losing by 10 to the state champs.....As in the Reidsville/Shelby game....QB George was the big difference....He's a gamer..........

That Shelby defense is something. A one-dimensional team certainly had no chance.

I thought Clinton was good,Shelby must have something
special in this team. Bob Lewis will not pass the ball.
Straight t. All these years. Shelby also has a great
staff. I can't believe ant team beat Clinton 3 TD.

Just wanted say congratulations to the SHS staff, players and Parents. Job well done. You dominated a very good team. Proud to be a Golden Lion

Originally posted by gotoblueg:
I thought Clinton was good,Shelby must have something
special in this team. Bob Lewis will not pass the ball.
Straight t. All these years. Shelby also has a great
staff. I can't believe ant team beat Clinton 3 TD.
After watching Crest totally dominate Havelock in the first half I'm realizing how good Shelby is.One coach told us today there was not a team in the east that could play with Shelby.

Originally posted by SHS LION:
After watching Crest totally dominate Havelock in the first half I'm realizing how good Shelby is.
Cleveland County football sure is something special, isn't it?

Great game Shelby. Your offensive and defensive lines were the difference. I live in Wake County n u guys are bigger than any 4a team in Wake county bar none. Clinton usually takes others mistakes n makes them pay but just a dominating performance by your defense.

Great second half by the Lions. Amazing performance by the defense the whole game to keep us in it when the offense wasn't clicking. Proud of all the players and coaches. Lots of seniors on this team. Happy to see them go out like that.

Congrats from Newton, Shelby players and fans. Dominating year in 2A. Two close games with the best programs in 3A as well. Special year for the Golden Lions. This team did it with a championship defense as well.

Congrats to Clinton for getting back to the big game. More to come from the Darkhorses I'm sure.

Just got home! Whew! Just want to say congratulations to Shelby on winning the State 2A football championship. The Golden Lions were simply the better team.
smile.r191677.gif

Still proud of our DarkHorses. Though they were beaten today they still had a GREAT season, and have indeed brought DarkHorse football back to their winning tradition.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
Just got home! Whew! Just want to say congratulations to Shelby on winning the State 2A football championship. The Golden Lions were simply the better team.
smile.r191677.gif

Still proud of our DarkHorses. Though they were beaten today they still had a GREAT season, and have indeed brought DarkHorse football back to their winning tradition.
wink.r191677.gif
Good luck to Clinton next year Wiz.

Congrats Shelby!!!! I know I'm late but I had a lot on my mind today lol Cleveland county baby!!!!

Originally posted by crest91:
Congrats Shelby!!!! I know I'm late but I had a lot on my mind today lol Cleveland county baby!!!!
Thanks 91,big day for Cleveland County.

Ho hum.

Just another routine dominating game by the Shelby defense and QB.

Congrats on back to back state championships.

Most impressive.

Originally posted by TheMule:
Ho hum.

Just another routine dominating game by the Shelby defense and QB.

Congrats on back to back state championships.

Most impressive.
They were both very special today.

The fact that Shelby turned the ball over three times in the first half, giving Clinton great field position, is another testament to the Shelby defense. Clinton not taking advantage of those turnovers was a big part in the outcome.

I agree TGT and then still only being down 10-7, coming out with the ball in the 2nd half and going 3 and out loomed big as well but that's football. Only one team got to go home winning their last game and ultimately the championship, but as I said the DarkHorses had a great year, and they are definitely back on track for some very good years to come.
Good to see you and rambbq at the game!

This post was edited on 12/13 8:51 PM by Wizard of the East

This post was edited on 12/13 8:52 PM by Wizard of the East

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
Way to bring home the hardware Golden Lions. No doubt where best football in the state is played.
It was a great day for two teams five miles apart.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
Way to bring home the hardware Golden Lions. No doubt where best football in the state is played.
It was a great day for two teams five miles apart.

Originally posted by TGT:
The fact that Shelby turned the ball over three times in the first half, giving Clinton great field position, is another testament to the Shelby defense. Clinton not taking advantage of those turnovers was a big part in the outcome.
That is what I was thinking . Shelbys defense was simply dominate . Congrats to Shelby . Good luck to the Darkhorses in coming seasons .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT