ADVERTISEMENT

Final Score Posted --Mt.Airy vs Elkin -Thur. Nights "Varsity"

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Thursday Nights "Varsity" Scores
Mt.Airy Granite Bear vs Elkin Bucking Elks -Week #3
This is supposed to be a TWC game probably only seen on TWC in the Elkin and Mount Airy cable subscribers area. Could be wrong but don't see them getting advertisers from other areas. You can hear it on one radio station only http://www.wpaq740.com .... Elkins WIFM 100.9 is covering E.Surry vs N.Surry tomorrow night. Watch TWC http://www.twcsportschannel.com/videos/2015/08/27/nc---mt--airy-vs--elkin.html then for your best play by play action turn TV sound down and listen to the best high school football coverage in the area on http://www.wpaq740.com

Last edited:
I'm east of Raleigh and its on here. Or will be doing thing on Mt Airy and Mayberry now.

Mount Airy - 21
- - - - Elkin - - 7
79 yard TD pass play by Bears 5 06 to play in half

Last edited:
Half Time Score
Mount Airy - 35
- - - - Elkin - - 7
Elkin scored first and it has been all Bears 35 straight points all in the 2nd Qtr
356 yards total OF for the bears in the half.

I did not expect this . Mount Airy has not had this good of an offence this year. Is Elkin this bad or has the Bears found some people that can run the ball. Maybe bareman has all the stats .

Last edited:
i expected this, elkin is horrible this year, cant believe they picked this game. for twc

Elkin had a good qb and threw some real pretty passes all game. MAade adjustment after the first td and got after the qb. Bears went away from the pistol and went back to the power I formation and things started to click. Elkin broke thru for 2-3 big plays but bear def tightened up and shut them down. Elkin just ran out of gas in sec qrtr

Bears are going to play "D"....played more people this week with so many going both ways...."O" finally got a complete game out of running backs....mixing it up helps.....hopefully this is the kick start

We get to see North & East Surry tonight and get an idea what to look for next week and down the road.of coarse the probable saw us last night but in a different style game than we will be playing them. Elkin allowed us to do so much and look so much better than weeks before so not sure north will know what to expect. any other thoughts if i am wrong ?

Last edited:
can't understand why this was televised. Mt Airy found some offense this week.

Elkin/MA was a huge series back in the day, this was their first matchup since my sophomore year in high school in 2008 so it was a solid choice. Plus given Elkin's run last year I'm sure it made since in the pre-season.
Elkin lost a ton of kids. Strickland and Co left, then their best athlete who was a Junior (the McDaniels kid,) transferred to Walkertown and that hurt them a ton. Their D coordinator from last year who did d a good job quit coaching Football so Elkin's had it rough this year.

Was it me or did Elkin get a new scoreboard? We played them with the old school one from 10+ years ago but on the pictures I seen on Twitter they looked to have a new one sponsored by the Elkin hospital. Am I seeing things or was that real?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT