7. Plymouth 10-1 - 38
8. Whiteville 9-2 - 34
9. Mount Airy 10-1 - 21
10. SE Halifax 10-1 - 19
11. Murphy 8-3 - 15
12. Pamlico 9-2 - 12
13. Starmount 8-3 - 4

HONORABLE MENTION: Walkertown (9-2) - 3; Tarboro (8-3) - 2;

NCpreps you must be wrong because Gal durnit know everything. He has schooled me all year. lmao.
evilgrin0007.r191677.gif

I absolutely don't know everything but I know that Robbinsville is absolutely not the top 1a program in the state with a team like WM at #5. BK sometimes you have special teams in 1A that could hang with the upper echelon 1AA teams. Do you think this Black Knight team could honestly hang with a WM or WRH? Don't get me wrong, I am honestly hoping an SMC will bring home a title so I ain't hating. I have seen the level of play at 1AA and 1A and IMO this poll is way off. Polls are opinion with all that being said so...
I just am curious as to what your honest opinion is on this, and don't come back with some crack at Swain or me hating cause that absolutely is not the case or the discussion here.

Robbinsville deserves this ranking IMO. They ran the table in the SMC and finished the season as the only undefeated team in 1A ranks!!! Congrats Robbinsville Black Knights! I believe gal just has sour grapes lol

There were 3 first place votes for Robbinsville. I am the farthest west of any of the voters.

I voted Robbinsville #1 for the fact that I could not move James Kenan over Wallace-Rose because WRH beat JK on the field. IF the game with Clinton had been closer), I could justify WRH not dropping at all, but it was a 35-7 game.

Robbinsville has been slowly rising to the top. They are 11-0 and have a great chance of doing well in the playoffs (home-field advantage).

We hear every year that the Smoky Mountain Conference is the toughest pure 1A league in the state, so your champion has done everything they can....so maybe it's a respect thing to me.

With the split playoffs, nobody will ever know who the best really is because there are 2 champions.

Last Weeks
NCPrep's[/B] Poll
1. Wallace Rose Hill (6) 10-0 - 78
2. James Kenan 9-1 - 69
3. Mount Airy 10-0 - 67
4. Robbinsville 10-0 - 60
5. Princeton 9-1 - 54
6. Plymouth 9-1 - 48
7. West Montgomery 9-1 - 43
8. East Surry 9-1 - 32
9. Swain County 8-2 -23
10. Whiteville 8-2 - 22
11. SE Halifax 9-1 - 17
12. Murphy 7-3 - 14
13. Pamlico 8-2 - 9

This Weeks NCPrep's[/B] Poll
1. Robbinsville (3) 11-0 - 57
2. James Kenan (1) 9-1 - 56
3. Wallace Rose Hill 10-1 - 55
4. Princeton 10-1 - 53
5. West Montgomery 10-1 - 46
6. East Surry (1) 10-1 - 40
7. Plymouth 10-1 - 38
8. Whiteville 9-2 - 34
9. Mount Airy 10-1 - 21
10. SE Halifax 10-1 - 19
11. Murphy 8-3 - 15
12. Pamlico 9-2 - 12
13. Starmount 8-3 - 4

Robbinsville 11-0 deserves the #1 ranking being the only unbeaten team in the top 13.I don't think Mount Airy should have dropped over 4 spots with a 5 point loss to a top 10 team. Maybe i will be proven wrong in the next 2 week. Been there B4 LOL

This post was edited on 11/11 3:33 PM by photo0001

The only reason they are # 1 is they are undefeated. It's all relative to who you play. Swain is young and down compared to years past and Murphy is injured. By the way how much of an impact has the new Cherokee coach had on Cherokee transfers to Swain?

Gal, to be honest I think we deserve this spot becasue we are the only undefeated team in 1a or 1aa. Do I think we are better than WRH or JK or Princeton, Plymouth, or West Mont. I think we would be the underdog to JK , Wallace and Princeton but the favorite vs West or Plymouth. But who knows we might would beat all of them. The thing about this Black Knights team is they play lights out vs good teams. One thing I know if this poll was for smash mouth we would be ranked very high and so would swain. I have seen over the years that all those teams outside of the Mtns that should beat Swain, and Rville dont beat us most years becasue its hard to see heart on film. You can see speed and talent but heart is something that you cannot judge until its picking you up off the ground. This Black knights team might not make it all the way, but will be remember for punching folks right in the dam nose.

They cant transfer after high school. The new rule stops that but the coach could also have played a part in the middle school staying in Cherokee. The rule does not affect the middle school.

Your second too last post is spot on BK. And you other jokers are bonkers. No sour grapes whatsoever. The black knights are undefeated but IMO a poll to me should rank teams based off who the better team is. If it was strictly a 1A poll the Knights should be at the very top no question. Winning the SMC is a testament to their heart but do to get it twisted a crippled Murphy team and a down Swain team from what we have had the last few years contributed greatly to them running the table. I think even BK would admit that. That being said the knights are very tough and have a couple of outstanding playmakers. The 3rd round should be a monster game.

BK, for your lady post, not sure where your info came from but did you see the swain midget and JV teams this year and the composition of their players? Better check your facts about middle school transfers...they are happening at a high rate still.

My two cents here............You keep throwing West Mont. up. I was at that game last year and what a game it was. But to say we cant play with teams like that is absurd. You guys stood toe to toe with them and best I can remember we had every chance in the world to beat you guys last year. Is WM as good as they were last year? I know their outstanding QB is gone so I don't know. What I do know is we are way better!

Reactions: BK13T-$
Having see WM 3 times this year they are better offensively and defensively than last year. They are a much different team; much more balanced. Most of the young players have improved much faster than even WM fans expected. IMO last year the offense was pretty one dimensional like when Capel was playing and the D gave up a lot of points. Young team this year but don't play young. Good coaching staff.

Black Kitty? Y'all ain't better than last year others are down my friend. We played horrible and were driving to tie in the 4th. And last year we play y'all at the end of the year instead of the first conference game it would have been a slaughter. Remember how y'all closed out the year...not real competitive wouldn't you say? That is a year ago though doesn't really matter. I'm not slamming y'all at all. I am the first to admit every now and then there is a small 1A team that can compete but the team I saw just ain't a team that can compete with those type teams. No shame in that. All this being said the way this post season is shaping up and the feeling from the Graham County faithful if y'all don't win it with a weaker than cat piss bracket with a severely depleted Murphy team and no Albemarle then it will be a long long long time til y'all are even in the convo again. I know y'all are claiming sour grapes but I seriously am pulling for y'all or Murphy and ultimately don't care enough to have sour grapes. Just trying to keep a little perspective.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
Gal, to be honest I think we deserve this spot becasue we are the only undefeated team in 1a or 1aa. Do I think we are better than WRH or JK or Princeton, Plymouth, or West Mont. I think we would be the underdog to JK , Wallace and Princeton but the favorite vs West or Plymouth. But who knows we might would beat all of them. The thing about this Black Knights team is they play lights out vs good teams. One thing I know if this poll was for smash mouth we would be ranked very high and so would swain. I have seen over the years that all those teams outside of the Mtns that should beat Swain, and Rville dont beat us most years becasue its hard to see heart on film. You can see speed and talent but heart is something that you cannot judge until its picking you up off the ground. This Black knights team might not make it all the way, but will be remember for punching folks right in the dam nose.
Favorite against WM???????? Hadn't you mountain folk learnt your'uns lesson about coming out from them thar hills to play some'ens other than yurselves??? As far as Plymouth goes... you think WM has speed? LOL.... you guys crack me up. You have one or two fast players....Well... see if you can schedule a home/home with either of these two underdogs in the next two years...

Well said exsshs. I couldn't have said it better myself. We'll see if it means anything this year starting Friday. As far as the other, no need in arguing about matchups that will never take place.

Gal, you became the biggest DA in Western NC by saying Rville is not better than last year. Keep it up. Have you heard of the new rule. lol.

BK, really? Calling me out on the internet. Come on guy. You are a self admitted Murphy trolling, Trip-County Early College creeping, most moronic poster on here. You can never get the point! You guys as a team aren't as good as last year but that is my opinion. A fact is you guys got a gift from a down Swain team compared to years past with 7 turnovers and still barely won and you know it was closer than the final score came out too. You was over there sucking up that bleacher and thinking how you were going to show your face on the boards during the first half and when swain was driving to knot it up. And then you get to play a half crippled Murphy team. You act like y'all are world beaters. Then you are in a playoff bracket with single fidget teams with a winning record minus perineal power Albemarle. Ol Gal a DA? Coming from you BK, that proves you are an idiot right off the bat. Dig a little further and we just prove you are a creepy old man that calls high schools and lives for weekly pick em contests lol. I admit I want to play pick end next year though lol. Enjoy brother. I love the back and forth.

Your heart pumps puppy piss.
wink.r191677.gif

Murphy is better than last year. Yes they lost ONE of there backs but any of the others would start for most teams. and Albemarle has been ranked 15th all year so what difference does it make if they are out. Hundreds of folks vote for the APpoll, CarolinaPreps Poll, and NC preps poll. Somebody thinks we are good. Your guys need to call Gentry and figure out how to get a E.C.

Creeper. lmao.

Originally posted by Deana_King:
There were 3 first place votes for Robbinsville. I am the farthest west of any of the voters.

I voted Robbinsville #1 for the fact that I could not move James Kenan over Wallace-Rose because WRH beat JK on the field. IF the game with Clinton had been closer), I could justify WRH not dropping at all, but it was a 35-7 game.

Robbinsville has been slowly rising to the top. They are 11-0 and have a great chance of doing well in the playoffs (home-field advantage).

We hear every year that the Smoky Mountain Conference is the toughest pure 1A league in the state, so your champion has done everything they can....so maybe it's a respect thing to me.

With the split playoffs, nobody will ever know who the best really is because there are 2 champions.
Deana, I want to thank you and the staff for the Weekly Baker's dozen....I know it's a thankless job, and some of the comments in this thread, bare that out....But the reasoning that you gave above for ranking Robbinsville #1, is really just a common sense approach that some folks have a problem with for some reason or another?...As for me, I love Polls, but Polls don't win games....They do however provide good motivation and bulletin board material for opponents when they face one of the Baker's Dozen, and they do create a lively debate at times as we see in this thread!

Again, great job by you and your staff this season...Keep up the good work!

Roar Tigers Roar!

BK,

Why would we want an EC? We have recently won a 1AA TITLE and played for another and then went to another regional final. I'm pretty sure Swain is going to be fine. Stay tuned. Be glad you got us this year while we were rebuilding. The whirlwind is coming soon and if you look a little further down the road our youngin's are what you might call pretty decent too :)

Thanks NCpreps.

Gal, I am just picking at you for the most part. I can tell it gets to you. that makes it worth the time. Gal, in everyday life we might even be friends but not Zumba! Lmao. But evey time we beat Swain its always becasuse you were down or turnovers or gift wrapped. Be safe friend.(punk).
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Deanna, Rick and others my comments weren't meant as disrespect at all. Polls are meant for debate right or wrong? Everyone gets bent out of shape when someone has an opinion. For example, BK thinks his knights would be the favorite at WM. That is ridiculous to me but that is his opinion. All I said that IMO Robbinsville being ranked above a couple of these 1 lose teams behind them is crazy but it apparently is crazy to have differing opinions. I never said Robbinsville was not good. In fact I said they were. They have played their hearts out and been very fortunate on a couple of instances this year which make for a successful formula. I'm finished commenting on match ups that will never happen because the teams being discussed are in two very different classes.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:

Murphy is better than last year. Yes they lost ONE of there backs but any of the others would start for most teams.
3 backs, QB - Kent, RB - Cox, FB - Roberts

I wouldnt consider those significant loses especially since Murphy is really a 1AA playing at the 1A level...
ohwell.r191677.gif

Robbinsville better get it done this year.After Skylar and Cruz are gone things may be a little bleak for a while.

I believe some of these mountian teams are gonna be surprised when they run into the likes of WM, I m excited for it to get going do believe for whatever reason some of the SMC get preferential treatment in these poles. But time will tell I just believe the better football teams this year will come from the Piedmont and toward the coast, and I'm hoping the YVC can make a really good showing I can see them getting 3 wins this week or maybe 4. Go warriors, rebel Bulls, North moore, and my beloved comets.

Robbinsville deserves their ranking. 4 years ago we heard how Wallace would win 3A but Murphy matched up well athlete for athlete and out gained WRH in total yardage but lost a 1 point game at the very end. My point is WRH was VERY good but so was Murphy that year. Robbinsville has athletes and will be a very tough out for anybody in the east if they come out of the west.

Originally posted by Grade-pro:
I believe some of these mountian teams are gonna be surprised when they run into the likes of WM, I m excited for it to get going do believe for whatever reason some of the SMC get preferential treatment in these poles. But time will tell I just believe the better football teams this year will come from the Piedmont and toward the coast, and I'm hoping the YVC can make a really good showing I can see them getting 3 wins this week or maybe 4. Go warriors, rebel Bulls, North moore, and my beloved comets.
Why would be surprised by WM? News flash Grade-pro some of us in the SMC are very familiar with WM. In fact they have become the team I pull for outside of the Maroon Machine. Mad respect for WM up here.

Ignore Grade Pro..... he's the one that predicted a North Stanly win over WM.... and then blamed the coaching staff for every loss. He's delusional to EVER think that North Stanly will compete at the level of WM or Albemarle with the community support, coaching staff and discipline in place there. It took a rework at WM of about 5-6 years to put us back where we used to be but it happened. North has ZERO tradition, winning record, championships, etc.......... They have a flashy RB that won't even be 1st Team YVC....... If they manage to squeak by the first round then they win an all expense paid trip to Wadeville. And I'm pretty sure they remember last year's visits..... Can West total 250 points in four games in two years against the mighty Comets???? And I believe that two of the three games had a running clock after half time!! Go Comets!! LOL.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT