ADVERTISEMENT

Final Raiders 14, Dudley 12!

Don't think anybody can beat Dudley in small 4a. 4aa is a different animal.

Well if that's the case.. Butler can own ur big 4aa ass and Scotland can continue kicking it with their "small" 4a. Wow. Giving props to RC didn't take long. With the decline in student population Richmond will eventually have to go into 4a. Guess you didn't know that's how it was based. If that wasn't the case you would have moved down in class several years ago. Geez! Anyway to the non arrogant fans....nice win.

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
Congrats Raiders on the big road win tonight.Think that big hit your boy laid on Connell Young in the 1st half really set the tone for your team and fired up the Richmond faithful. Way to bring it!
That last pick at the end looked like Josh Norman.That was clutch.

Now I have witnessed the"MAGIC".

Scottishlaw, I'm not a Dudley fan by any means. Just think they will find motivation in this defeat. If your Scots are better then they will prove me wrong in the playoffs if they face Dudley. Don't get your panties in a wad simply due to my opinion. Wasn't a slight against your Scots who are a great ball club.

No problem. Jus basing off numbers. Nice win for RC. Tonight. Can't say no one will compete with Dudley when a lot of factors play out. Hell Pinecrest is ranked above both of them.

Based on the fact that you keep saying "you" and alluding to Richmond county opponents, I'm assuming you think I'm a Richmond county fan which I'm not. Love the Raiders, but the (Red) Raiders in High Point are my squad. Lighten up Scottish, you act like your boys were playing tonight......

The unnecessary inferiority complex doesn't look good on a thread not involving your team. Your team has enough talent to handle it on the field.

Not a problem. I was referring to classification. Can't base a team off school population. Not fair for the team. You have to remember a 2 a beating the mighty 4aa MC not long ago. So saying a different beast would be basing on school classification as a weaker team. Not the case. No wad here.

That was a good game, the rain bothered both teams. Wish these teams could play again. Dudley is capable of still winning it all. Richmond will go deep in the playoffs

And not so sure about the Scot game. That's also being fair. And to go a step further...not sure about the PC, SC, and the RC team. That's just being fair. Good luck the rest of the way.

Great win tonight for RC. I thought Dudley would wear them down but RC had enough to hold on. Big win!

Not a problem. I was referring to classification. Can't base a team off school population. Not fair for the team. You have to remember a 2 a beating the mighty 4aa MC not long ago. So saying a different beast would be basing on school classification as a weaker team. Not the case. No wad here.

HUH? When did that happen?

HUH? When did that happen?
Sorry, nepsy. You'll have to give up that undefeated season and the very high national ranking now that we know you actually lost a game. Sorry bud!

Last edited:
Some of these guys refuse to research before they post. :)

We lost and went undefeated in the same year....LOL

Correction SC team this year and close one with Dillon last year. That happened. Nuff said... Whatever nepsy.

When did we lose to a 2a team?? Did I miss that? I'm getting old but I am sure I would have remembered that

Wrong. How did we go from thread to this. And yes MC lost to SC Brynes this year. And damn good game against Dillon last year. We were on classification anyway.

Ok oooo. Sorry. 2013. Still doesn't change talking about classification. Anyway good win RC. Y'all can have it now. Later.

Scottish Law- Yes on both parts except the Dillon game was the first game of 2013 and yes it was a good game however it wasn't a loss. That is why we bring it up... Carry on

Good win, Raiders! Nice game for this new staff and team to build on. We just have to finish the drives, but it's all about improvement every week and getting in synch with the new system on O. It is quite nice to have a D this year. The secondary is doing a better job of reading and getting in front of those passing lanes.

I have to agree. I really think the 2011 Scotland team would have beaten ANYBODY in the state that year 4a or 4aa.

I have to agree. I really think the 2011 Scotland team would have beaten ANYBODY in the state that year 4a or 4aa.

Porter Ridge gave them a pretty good game. Huge play changed the momentum and then the size (and talent) of Scotland was able to take control.

Everyone underestimated Page that year and still continues to underestimate James Summers, who proved he is pretty good against VA Tech Saturday night.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Agreed. Page beat the best competition there was to offer. I'd give them a slight edge over the Scots

Porter Ridge gave them a pretty good game. Huge play changed the momentum and then the size (and talent) of Scotland was able to take control.

Everyone underestimated Page that year and still continues to underestimate James Summers, who proved he is pretty good against VA Tech Saturday night.

You said it best, the size (and talent) took control. I think the score was still like 42-28 or something like that. So in my eyes they dominated. Of course, I wasn't there so. As for Page, yes they did beat the better competition, however I really think Butler and MC OVERLOOKED Page. Just my opinion and I'm not saying Page didn't deserve that championship because they did. They played each game like they should, and won no questioning that. Page had talent, but that Scotland team was LOADED. Also, remember, I don't like the Scots...lol.

well it want ever happen but SC was a machine that year and i'm sure chip williams would have come up with a plan to at least slow down summers. I saw part of that game with garner and garner had zero chance on d. scots had a slew of athletes on every level. I will give Porter ridge credit they played a great game for 3 quarters but when it was time for the game to be on the line SC erupted on them like baking soda and diet coke.

better doesn't always equate to the w and I think we that know this game understand that. football game has become more and more about match-ups and I think you all would agree. some teams just don't match up well with others.

Porter Ridge had the ball inside the ten on first down going for a score at the very end of the third and the running back bobbled the ball in the flat with several yards of open space. Ball ended up getting knocked back out to the thirty with Scotland taking over. They drove and scored. That play flipped the field and the momentum. PR's linebacker weighed 180 or less. They did not have the size to compete for a full game. They just ran out of gas. It was somewhat the same the next year..

No one in Charlotte considered Porter Ridge competition for the Butler or MC that season but PR came out and played hard and smart evey week. Page stacked up with real good size and a lot of good athletes. Summers was the difference maker with his ability to pick up first downs with his feet whether set or when chased from the pocket. He also could stretch the field vertically and had a nice short and intermediate game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT