ADVERTISEMENT

Final Brackets Are Out

You’re bragging on Richmond like they’re the second coming of Alabama or something, just like CPC continually brags on WF.
Listen man i know you are some kinda of whiz kid football nerd and you only think meck county plays football. Rc team is loaded and imo its only one team that can beat them and that is the creek. I cannot stand rc but i know a good football team when i see one and rc has a damn good team. Could they lay an egg you darn right they could but i think they will win it all. So go somewhere with your juvenile comments. You can praise the team of your choice no one gives a rats ass. Im probably one of the few guys on here that is not some homer jock sniffer. I love sc but they got the doors beat off them and i just call it as i see it. Last year has nothing to do with this year if you think so then keep believing. Yes they are the best team i have seen in 5 years and that includes any Scotland team, mallard creek, east Forsyth, wake forest and harding.

Last edited:
Listen man i know you are some kinda of whiz kid football nerd and you only think meck county plays football. Rc team is loaded and imo its only one team that can beat them and that is the creek. I cannot stand rc but i know a good football team when i see one and rc has a damn good team. Could they lay an egg you darn right they could but i think they will win it all. So go somewhere with your juvenile comments. You can praise the team of your choice no one gives a rats ass. Im probably one of the few guys on here that is not some homer jock sniffer. I love sc but they got the doors beat off them and i just call it as i see it. Last year has nothing to do with this year if you think so then keep believing. Yes they are the best team i have seen in 5 years and that includes any Scotland team, mallard creek, east Forsyth, wake forest and harding.
Whiz kid football nerd? Lol. I guess that CPC comparison got to you. Furthermore I know more than Meck County plays. Listen man, I don’t have a horse in the race. For your information, my wife teaches at Charlotte Country Day, so I’m a private school man. Heck we couldn’t beat Christ School. But I have followed high school ball for over 50 years in various states. I’ve seen many teams come and go being proclaimed as the next best thing. I’ve seen some live up to the billing and some not. I’ve wrongly proclaimed the same thing. Look, I’m not saying Richmond’s not a very good team. Everyone knows they are. Are they unbeatable? No, no one is. Each team has their weaknesses. Is Scotland a good team? Yes, but not an overall top 4 team. So we’ll see. I’m looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Well I've followed high school football for 55 years. I remember jumping the fence at Memorial Park as a Hamlet Red Ram fan. I'm no whizz, but I've seen a few games and teams... and I've read along all year... so with all due respect to both of you guys, I certainly agree with Devilmac99.. Hes no RAIDER fan, but he knows what he sees and yes I am a Raider fan. I've never seen these guys play like this.... just wait and see. I know no team is invincible , but this group is incredible. Ask the guys who's faced em... and...GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: Raider7967
[QUOTE="devilmac99, post: 602229, member: 15927" Rc team is loaded and imo its only one team that can beat them and that is the creek. I cannot stand rc but i know a good football team when i see one and rc has a damn good team. Could they lay an egg you darn right they could but i think they will win it all. I love sc but they got the doors beat off them and i just call it as i see it. Last year has nothing to do with this year if you think so then keep believing. Yes they are the best team i have seen in 5 years and that includes any Scotland team, mallard creek, east Forsyth, wake forest and harding.[/QUOTE]

I do think RC is very worried about that possible round 3 matchup with Myers Park, maybe even moreso than Mallard Creek

Last edited:
[QUOTE="devilmac99, post: 602229, member: 15927" Rc team is loaded and imo its only one team that can beat them and that is the creek. I cannot stand rc but i know a good football team when i see one and rc has a damn good team. Could they lay an egg you darn right they could but i think they will win it all. I love sc but they got the doors beat off them and i just call it as i see it. Last year has nothing to do with this year if you think so then keep believing. Yes they are the best team i have seen in 5 years and that includes any Scotland team, mallard creek, east Forsyth, wake forest and harding.
I do think RC is very worried about that possible round 3 matchup with Myers Park, maybe even moreso than Mallard Creek[/QUOTE]
That's understandable if true but the way #5 is playing i wouldn't worry about anything.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Well I've followed high school football for 55 years. I remember jumping the fence at Memorial Park as a Hamlet Red Ram fan. I'm no whizz, but I've seen a few games and teams... and I've read along all year... so with all due respect to both of you guys, I certainly agree with Devilmac99.. Hes no RAIDER fan, but he knows what he sees and yes I am a Raider fan. I've never seen these guys play like this.... just wait and see. I know no team is invincible , but this group is incredible. Ask the guys who's faced em... and...GO RAIDERS...
Ok. I’m stopping. Enjoy the playoffs.

The Creek is hoping we can get through our 1st playoff game....lol Last year Richmond guys were complaining about how Charlotte teams had an advantage. Now they're trying to figure who they'll play in the regional finals. That's the Raiders i know. Everyone's 0-0. Let's Go!

The Creek is hoping we can get through our 1st playoff game....lol Last year Richmond guys were complaining about how Charlotte teams had an advantage. Now they're trying to figure who they'll play in the regional finals. That's the Raiders i know. Everyone's 0-0. Let's Go!

This isnt like it was 4-5 years ago when you got a game or two to get rolling. After the bye week I suspect every game will be a war.

That's right. Anyway we go, it's gonna be fun and we do have some good teams to watch. Enjoy.

You’re bragging on Richmond like they’re the second coming of Alabama or something, just like CPC continually brags on WF.

There is a big difference between giving an analysis of a team they don’t pull for, answer questions as to why they think that, and how they would fare against certain teams that are considered elite vs. claiming the second coming of anything. If you or someone have seen both teams, then feel free. I thought that was the purpose of the forum. If anyone has seen RC, MC, or MP play in person and can make a comparison in your opinion, go right ahead. It won’t matter if one or none of the teams make it that far.

The only game we are preparing for will be the next team we play. That’s our championship at the moment and the only game that matters.

[QUOTE="devilmac99, post: 602229, member: 15927" Rc team is loaded and imo its only one team that can beat them and that is the creek. I cannot stand rc but i know a good football team when i see one and rc has a damn good team. Could they lay an egg you darn right they could but i think they will win it all. I love sc but they got the doors beat off them and i just call it as i see it. Last year has nothing to do with this year if you think so then keep believing. Yes they are the best team i have seen in 5 years and that includes any Scotland team, mallard creek, east Forsyth, wake forest and harding.

I do think RC is very worried about that possible round 3 matchup with Myers Park, maybe even moreso than Mallard Creek[/QUOTE]
Scotswin that is probably a correct statement about Myers Park. Everyone knows they can sling it and score. Maybe the only hope that Richmond has it hope we can score with them and keep it respectable. Heck we all know that if you are east of the Pee Dee rivwr that all we can do is chicken farm. Good luck to the Scots.

The Raiders are ready for some Myers Creek and some Mallard Park line them up...

Who might that be? I don't recall the Raiders being lit up...

I was at the Myers Park game. RC had difficulties with the MP O which did not surprise me. What did surprise me was how ineffective RC’s O was against MP. 37-14. One offense was clicking, one sputtered. I expect two high throttle / high flying O’s this year!

Last edited:
I was at the Myers Park game. RC had difficulties with the MP O which did not surprise me. What did surprise me was how ineffective RC’s O was against MP. 37-14. One offense was clicking, one sputtered. I expect two high throttle / high flying O’s this year!

My thoughts exactly. I expected a close game last year, but MP beat us on both sides of the ball. We couldn’t get anything going on O and that was the biggest surprise. MP just outplayed us on both sides.

As mentioned above, this years RC team would beat last years team by a good 4 touchdowns. Many of the same kids, but different level of play. Better on both sides of the ball.

This should be a very good game if it happens. I think it would be interesting to see these two QB’s pitted against each other again. Should be a very exciting game. I haven’t seen MP play, but they appear to be similar to last year and a Maye with another year experience. They still have receivers that can catch, so this one should be very interesting. I guess we will see how their run O and D play when we get there. I don’t expect much different there vs last year.

I know the Richmond staff is not looking past games like the fans. Although Hough has been a dumpster fire of a program with putting things together this year. They will have 8 or more D1 guys on the field, and the players to give any team problems, if they make it that far. That includes
Aaron Pryor,RB: 2021 4 Star
Devin Chandler,WR: 3 Star
Darius Ocean,QB: Western Kentucky commit
Issac Walker, LB: App State commit
Chance Carroll,OG: Numerous FCS offers
Curtis Neal,DT: 4star #3 2022 Nationally
Coen Sutton, WR: 2021 FBS offers
John Anderson, DB:2021 FBS offers
Mario Love, DB:2021 numerous D1 offers
Storm Monroe,LB: Davidson commit
Tryin Taylor,DB:2021 numerous D1 offers

They just put up 42 points on Vance and they're starting to click.

Last edited:
I know the Richmond staff is not looking past games like the fans. Although Hough has been a dumpster fire of a program with putting things together this year. They will have 8 or more D1 guys on the field and the players to give any team problems, if they make it that far. That includes

That is an impressive list but just like they clicked against Vance you guys steamed rolled them like nobody's business. I think Hough is a team that has a split personality. What I like about RC is they have shown up to play at a high level every week. They have not played down to their competition and the penalties they were making earlier in the year have gone away. I don't know all of their commits but these are the guys to watch on O : #5, #31, #2, #4, #1, #33 & #65. On D: #24, #95, #25, # 35, #21 & #17. This game could be a shoot out. I saw Ocean when he was at Cleveland and he was a man amongst boys. I'm sure he is not as dominant now but he is still a very good athlete. To me RC has an ace in the hole with #5. I cannot recall a QB like Hood. You guys would probably say the kid that went to UNC from Creek that Trubisky backed up. I read from one of the combines Hood ran a 4.4 if that is a true time (always suspect) then that explains how he cut through SC like a hot knife through butter.

Hough recruits better than most colleges. They had 3 new OL show up before the Byrnes game. That's the reason behind the split personalities. The players are just really getting know each other. What i notice being a Creek guy. The guy who played horrible ball prior to playing us, always seems to have his best game against us...lol

Hough recruits better than most colleges. They had 3 new OL show up before the Byrnes game. That's the reason behind the split personalities. The players are just really getting know each other. What i notice being a Creek guy. The guy who played horrible ball prior to playing us, always seems to have his best game against us...lol
That is ridiculous. I know the Bonner kid (last year) was from Fayetteville. They must have some amazing connections to do what I hear they are doing by grabbing these kids from all over. Does winning really mean that much at the HS level? Sounds like travel softball. Teams show up with new players and pitchers every weekend.

That is ridiculous. I know the Bonner kid (last year) was from Fayetteville. They must have some amazing connections to do what I hear they are doing by grabbing these kids from all over. Does winning really mean that much at the HS level? Sounds like travel softball. Teams show up with new players and pitchers every weekend.

Members of their Coaching staff have 7v7 teams in SC & NC. That's how they get players. Players relocate to an area, that homes start off at Half a Million....lmao!

*80% of their starters moved from another school.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Members of their Coaching staff have 7v7 teams in SC & NC. That's how they get players. Players relocate to an area, that homes start off at Half a Million....lmao!

*80% of their starters moved from another school.
Unreal. My sister in-law lives in Charlotte and I asked her about Hough and where it was located and she said it was high rent district. Hell I knew Olympic, Myers park, Providence and South Meck had dollars. Soon some one will get mad that they brought in and spill the beans. That is how it normally crumbles.

Been away from following the state as a whole for a while but is it common for teams that win 3-5 games to make the playoffs now in the higher classes? What a joke....
Yeah our system is loaded with flaws. Middle Creek misses playoffs at 7-4 but a 3-8 team from their conference makes it. Granted MC lost to them but it is too much weight is placed on conference finish because they are not created equal. The non-conference is basically just a warm-up in some respects.

Last edited:
Been away from following the state as a whole for a while but is it common for teams that win 3-5 games to make the playoffs now in the higher classes? What a joke....

Over half the teams (48 of 76) make playoffs. That is part of the problem but so is the conference tiebreaker options which the conference members can select prior to the season.

Yeah our system is loaded with flaws. Middle Creek misses playoffs at 7-4 but a 3-8 team from their conference makes it. Granted MC lost to them but it is too much weight is placed on conference finish because they are not created equal. The non-conference is basically just a warm-up in some respects.

One issue is some schools play very weak non conference and as you write some conferences are very inferior to others. This is why I support the Max Prep rankings.

Schools wanted the guaranteed playoff slots which I do not get. They pushed fir more but the NCHSAA determined there should be a maximum per number of teams in the conference. Heard some ADs and coaches complain it was not their fault they were in a conference with smaller schools.

Playoffs need an overhaul but so does the alignment. Football alignment should be fine separately.

One issue is some schools play very weak non conference and as you write some conferences are very inferior to others. This is why I support the Max Prep rankings.

Schools wanted the guaranteed playoff slots which I do not get. They pushed fir more but the NCHSAA determined there should be a maximum per number of teams in the conference. Heard some ADs and coaches complain it was not their fault they were in a conference with smaller schools.

Playoffs need an overhaul but so does the alignment. Football alignment should be fine separately.

Having a team with a 7-3 record miss the playoffs and one with a 3-8 record making it is what happens when you have multiple teams qualifying for the football playoffs from the conferences.

That’s a major part of the issue. You also have a team like South Caldwell. They have a losing record and qualify because they beat one 4A team (McDowell) in a split conference that only has two 4A schools, thus making them the top 4A school in that conference.

A solution would be to eliminate the extra automatic qualifiers from each conference. The conference champion would be the only team that would automatically qualify. This would bolster the importance of being conference champ. The conference champions would receive the higher seeds. They would receive the top four seeds and a bye. If needed, the MaxPreps rankings could be used to seed conference champions. Then the remaining teams in the field would qualify based on overall records.

A minimum record of 5-5 would be required with a 10 game schedule and 6-5 required with an 11 game schedule. Just like with the bowl games in college, a record of 5-5 or 6-5 would make a team "playoff eligible". Then take the MaxPreps rankings and rank the non-conference champions based on their MaxPreps ranking. But use the rankings, not the adjusted MaxPreps ranking.

A disadvantage of this method would be teams creating easier schedules so they’d have a better chance to inflate their records. But my understanding was the MaxPreps rankings are used to help eliminate that possibility.

Either way, part of the current problem is having automatic qualifiers based on conference finish for teams other than the conference champs. In my opinion, you have to eliminate that in order to eliminate teams from qualifying with records of 3-8 or 4-7. All conferences aren't created equal.

Honda, I have always said only the champion should be guaranteed a slot and taking it a step further they should be required to be in the top 48 rankings (1A and 4A, 64 2A and 3A). If not, they do not qualify.

Conference champion qualifies. Remainder oI go slots qualify off the Max Prep ranking.

Prefer to see the teams seeded once they are placed in their region 1-16 (or 12) based on their ranking with no emphasis on conference champion.

I agree, go with the standard Max Prep rankings!!!

I know the Richmond staff is not looking past games like the fans. Although Hough has been a dumpster fire of a program with putting things together this year. They will have 8 or more D1 guys on the field, and the players to give any team problems, if they make it that far. That includes

That's why the coaches focus on the next opponent. As fans, we look at hypothetical match-ups and it's fun. The problem is when they don't happen b/c a team got comfy and over confident. That's why I say each game is your championship game. I am sure we will prepare accordingly for the winner of round 1.

That is crazy Hough has all this talent and I am not going to speak on the transfers. I would hope it is all legit. Still a threat no less.

That's crazy and there should be a "line in the sand" so to speak and I would have to defer to someone that knows the rules better than I. Let's keep it real though as these kids on many teams work too hard to face a "new" team in post season.

Okay, I see. So the situation now is where "the top 2/3/5 in 4A from X conference" automatically qualify? So if you're in a conference with between 2-5 teams from your level then those are basically the only games that matter for deciding if you make the playoffs? A team in the Metro 4A for example could go 0-7 in the nonconference but go 1-3 in conference and win a tie breaker to qualify for the playoffs with a 1-10 record....makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT