ADVERTISEMENT

Fight during scrimmages

HowerinJr

Jan 9, 2010
Are there any rules against teams fighting while scrimmaging other teams? Wilson Prep and JH Rose just had a multiple player altercation at the Tarboro jamboree this evening.

• Wow
Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Are there any rules against teams fighting while scrimmaging other teams? Wilson Prep and JH Rose just had a multiple player altercation at the Tarboro jamboree this evening.
Unless something has changed, I believe they are (the players) done for the day (this includes all scrimmages if there are multiple scrimmages the same day) and then the player(s) and coach(es) will have to take a sportsmanship/leadership course.

I don't think there's any punishment for the first games or missing playoffs since it's a scrimmage and not a "contest". Players and coaches must complete their course before the next contest.

Not 100% but I think that's the policy.

Reactions: JKTigers0713champs
Good ole Wilson. Way back 2003 when Carver played Wilson Fike for the 3A state title, one of Fikes corners decided to take swings at one of our WRs and wrestled to the ground. Refs broke it up and the Fike kid ran back to his bench hyping up the Fike fans and parents. They were cheering like he did something special. All the while, Carver is up 30-7 halfway through the 3rd quarter....🥴

Other than the players being done for the day, there is no further penalty for a scrimmage. Also, even in the regular season, there is no longer a rule about being disqualified for the playoffs if multiple players are ejected. The offending players are suspended for the following 2 weeks in the regular season.

Wilson prep is very undisciplined. Definitely got the most flags of any team at the jamboree tonight.
There were a lot of flags on all teams, but WPA had one on almost every play. I have watched them develop over the last two seasons, I would say this is quite on brand for them. There’s no denying the talent, but often they don't appear to be playing together as a team. They manage to win in spite of themselves. In the games I’ve attended, its unreal how many drives they start 1st and 15, 20 or even 25 and manage to convert. A lot of that is their competition isn't very good. When they get deep into the playoffs though, they manage to find a team that while a bit less talented, plays as a collective and does let them off the hook when they put themselves behind the chains.

They also have never played Tarboro. While my kids were attending that school, I sincerely hoped that they would get to play the Vikings and maybe the reality would set in. The lack of discipline and team focus starts at the top. Until their coaching staff starts demanding a commitment to excellence, they will always be less than the sum of their parts.

Last edited:
Good ole Wilson. Way back 2003 when Carver played Wilson Fike for the 3A state title, one of Fikes corners decided to take swings at one of our WRs and wrestled to the ground. Refs broke it up and the Fike kid ran back to his bench hyping up the Fike fans and parents. They were cheering like he did something special. All the while, Carver is up 30-7 halfway through the 3rd quarter....🥴
Let's be fair, there are 4 high school football teams in Wilson County. You are talking about one kid that had a brain fade before any of these players were even born.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT