ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites in 4A & 4AA

Glenn has 2 defensive players with offers to LSU and Alabama and a 3rd Defensive player with other D1 offers if they cant win the Conference and beat East Forsyth/West Forsyth they may not do it for a long long time.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Glenn has 2 defensive players with offers to LSU and Alabama and a 3rd Defensive player with other D1 offers if they cant win the Conference and beat East Forsyth/West Forsyth they may not do it for a long long time.

They're both going to be Tar Heels, too!

Sometimes in the Summertime, Ive seen people traveling with Tit'NTat Carnival is imminent with all the show goats, security for the goats, and an endless supply of hay and mustard soaked sardines for their dining pleasures. The goats fancy the variety of kudzu from different regions of the country, closely follered by one of them smartass scientist lookin' dudes that claims he's " doing research. " That's a big pile of goat shat, im talking about people, as some people here are fairly knowledgeable concerning that particular genre of academia.

Good evening Warhead1. Hoping you and yours are well, Sir.

UNC ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Warhead1
They're both going to be Tar Heels, too!

Their best chance was last year while we experienced all the injuries. They didn't stop our O last year without (Crowell 4 star recruit) and we have pretty much our entire O except 2 coming back.

By the way we still have #4. 10 returning starters on O. Most of our D will be back with an undefeated JV moving up who had numerous contributions during playoffs.

Doesn't translate to 3rd title necessarily but this team is set up to be better than both of the previous championship teams.

That ship sailed last year but I expect a good game and it's great for Kernersville to have 2 viable teams.

Reactions: Warhead1
Their best chance was last year while we experienced all the injuries. They didn't stop our O last year without (Crowell 4 star recruit) and we have pretty much our entire O except 2 coming back.

By the way we still have #4. 10 returning starters on O. Most of our D will be back with an undefeated JV moving up who had numerous contributions during playoffs.

Doesn't translate to 3rd title necessarily but this team is set up to be better than both of the previous championship teams.

That ship sailed last year but I expect a good game and it's great for Kernersville to have 2 viable teams.
East will run 4a for a long time coming. All the big dogs is either 4aa or 3a/3aa...only team that can change that is New Bern and that's a title game.

Reactions: Chris_Hughes
East will run 4a for a long time coming. All the big dogs is either 4aa or 3a/3aa...only team that can change that is New Bern and that's a title game.

4A isn't 4AA obviously but 4A isnt exactly Sisters of the Poor either. We would have our hands full in 4AA, a team or 2 in 3AA. I don't know about 3A.

All the big dogs?? Come on now Cougar!

Not only will East Forsyth continue to dominate in 4A, but look for Glenn to have a breakthrough season as well. The Bobcats are loaded, especially on defense, and could have something for the Eagles and the rest of the CPC. If you were to drive by Glenn HS and see all of the new apartments and housing being built on Union Cross Rd., you'd realize that the area is seeing explosive growth, so I expect Glenn to continue to get better.

Not only will East Forsyth continue to dominate in 4A, but look for Glenn to have a breakthrough season as well. The Bobcats are loaded, especially on defense, and could have something for the Eagles and the rest of the CPC. If you were to drive by Glenn HS and see all of the new apartments and housing being built on Union Cross Rd., you'd realize that the area is seeing explosive growth, so I expect Glenn to continue to get better.

I agree with that (population growth) and that will probably pose issues for EF in the forseeable future just NOT next year.

With the undefeated JV's coming behind our next years team you're probably talking at least 4 years before Glenn may see a "consistent" turn in fortune.

I agree with that (population growth) and that will probably pose issues for EF in the forseeable future just NOT next year.

With the undefeated JV's coming behind our next years team you're probably talking at least 4 years before Glenn may see a "consistent" turn in fortune.

I don't disagree with that statement. East will be loaded this year, and I fully expect them to be the top 4A team coming into the season.

I don't disagree with that statement. East will be loaded this year, and I fully expect them to be the top 4A team coming into the season.

To clarify, I mean 4A, as in (Small 4A); not 4AA. I'm not sure anyone will top Vance when it comes to overall preseason rankings, and Richmond would be very high on the list as well.

Those highly recruited kids were there last year. Our (EF) O will be BETTER this year and they're making that trip to Mountain St.

That ship sailed last year believe me. I expect for it to be a pretty good game and like I mentioned Kville should enjoy this ride with both teams being viable as long as it last. The only other area I know with schools that close in proximity that are contenders are in Cleveland Co. Shelby, Crest and Burns stay contending in that area.

I'm sure there are others but that area immediately comes to mind.

Last edited:
Those highly recruited kids were there last year. Our (EF) O will be BETTER this year and they're making that trip to Mountain St.

That ship sailed last year believe me. I expect for it to be a pretty good game and like I mentioned Kville should enjoy this ride with both teams being viable as long as it last. The only other area I know with schools that close in proximity that are contenders are in Cleveland Co. Shelby, Crest and Burns stay contending in that area.

I'm sure there are others but that area immediately comes to mind.
Hey hey hey...dont forget about north/east Charlotte. (Hough, MC, Vance, MP). I doubt all together they're no more than 5-10 miles apart.

Hey hey hey...dont forget about north/east Charlotte. (Hough, MC, Vance, MP). I doubt all together they're no more than 5-10 miles apart.

Ok. I figured there were more. Def didn't know they were that close to each other. Man! How many people live in Meck Co. for all four to be that close and 4AA as well?

Ok. I figured there were more. Def didn't know they were that close to each other. Man! How many people live in Meck Co. for all four to be that close and 4AA as well?
Grab the map and take a look. Well I looked up its roughly 20-25 miles from bailey rd. (W.A. Hough) to colony rd. (Myers Park). Between there u pass thru, MC, Vance, and if want to include Butler. Theres a lot of good ball in between there.

Grab the map and take a look. Well I looked up its roughly 20-25 miles from bailey rd. (W.A. Hough) to colony rd. (Myers Park). Between there u pass thru, MC, Vance, and if want to include Butler. Theres a lot of good ball in between there.

I see. Surely we can find a game between 3A, 3AA and 4AA where "all" the big boys are. So many schools to choose from right?

I wouldn't be sleeping on Cardinal Gibbons since they have no boundaries like Catholic. What about Leesville Rd., Scotland, Richmond, and South View? All these teams will be contenders out of the East.

Vance 2020 Football schedule

8/22 Dutch Fork @Matthew Sportsplex

8/29 Heritage (Virginia)

9/4 open

9/11 @Weddington

9/17 @South Meck (Thursday)

9/25 @Mallard Creek

10/2 @Hopewell

10/9 Mooresville

10/16 West Charlotte

10/23 @Lake Norman

10/30 North Meck