ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites in 4A & 4AA

Shotgun-Spread

Dec 4, 2005
Who do you all think is the favorites for 2020 in 4A & 4AA looks to be up for grabs and possibly any sleeper teams? East Forsyth would be my favorite in small 4A.

I think Glenn is a major threat in 4a. Also think Grimsley will still be good. Scotland county of course. But gotta go with the champs ef.

New Bern will make a deep run in 4A this year. We are returning I believe at least 16 to18 starters from last Year team.

New Bern will make a deep run in 4A this year. We are returning I believe at least 16 to18 starters from last Year team.
New bern definitely dangerous with that conference and a definite hi seed in tournament, Scot only on coaching and tradition but I wouldn’t doubt on it .We will be searching a qb again . Once again the job is there for the rising senior Barfield,will he snag the job or will we go elsewhere again .RB strong as usual..
Gibbons again???No doubt EF IN west but there are a few others.
Large 4A- Richmond

Last edited:
New bern definitely dangerous with that conference and a definite hi seed in tournament, Scot only on coaching and tradition but I wouldn’t doubt on it .
Large 4A- Richmond

Gibbons lost a lot but I'm sure they're reloading.

MC is loaded but the new guy has zero since of urgency about getting started. ???? Vance is adding some new guys, with a nice group coming back. Hough might have a FBS guy at every position. They’re trying to out recruit the Tarheels. 4AA will come out of Charlotte again. East Forsyth repeats 4A

Reactions: kalefah1
Glenn 4A is a sleeper. Watchout

Maybe.

Glad this rival is definitely picking up steam. I think Glenn's biggest chance to get us (EF) was last year while we were decimated by injuries.

Glenn @ East Forsyth
Oct. 16

MC is loaded but the new guy has zero since of urgency about getting started. ???? Vance is adding some new guys, with a nice group coming back. Hough might have a FBS guy at every position. They’re trying to out recruit the Tarheels. 4AA will come out of Charlotte again. East Forsyth repeats 4A
That 1st part worries me for Creek. Ferebee came in on the ground running and made sure he got his staff situated with AD Richardson. As far as us were from the early looks will b loaded but it's hard losing that experience especially on defense but the talent is there if not more talented especially on the DLine.
My early teams to look out for is of course Vance, creek, RC, MP, Hough. In A look for EF, SC, throw Glenn and grimsley in there also. In the east u cant never count out powers like hoggard or new bern because any year they can be good. As far as AA wake and Leesville.

Last edited:
"Sense" of urgency

That 1st part worries me for Creek. Ferebee came in on the ground running and made sure he got his staff situated with AD Richardson. As far as us were from the early looks will b loaded but it's hard losing that experience especially on defense but the talent is there if not more talented especially on the DLine.
My early teams to look out for is of course Vance, creek, RC, MP, Hough. In A look for EF, SC, throw Glenn and grimsley in there also. In the east u cant never count out powers like hoggard or new bern because any year they can be good. As far as AA wake and Leesville.
NB is on the upswing and I think they will be even better next season. I just don't think you can just run it down everyones throats in 4A or 4AA unless you're really special up front. Look at SC, they have had special talent the last 6-7 seasons but they end up facing a team that can slow them down enough. I do not think NB has the talent level that those SC teams have had. NB will roll their conf and have a bye and an easy game or two but then run into a really strong team.
Hoggard will probably not be a threat next season. They will be solid but they will have a very similar team as last year, no speed at the skilled position.

EScwHKKWoAkxgvN
QUOTE="portcity FB, post: 627160, member: 1554"]NB is on the upswing and I think they will be even better next season. I just don't think you can just run it down everyones throats in 4A or 4AA unless you're really special up front. Look at SC, they have had special talent the last 6-7 seasons but they end up facing a team that can slow them down enough. I do not think NB has the talent level that those SC teams have had. NB will roll their conf and have a bye and an easy game or two but then run into a really strong team.
Hoggard will probably not be a threat next season. They will be solid but they will have a very similar team as last year, no speed at the skilled position.[/QUOTE]

Expect New Bern to open up the passing game more this year. Might even have a new QB and move the current QB to WR, we'll see. Speaking of the ground game, good thing is that we return 4 out of 5 linemen. In the backfield, everyone returns which includes the big back, who had 19 TD and over 2,000 yards rushing. Saw a picture the other day (attached) and my GOD, those kids have bulked up the last 3 months. The new coach is a huge weight-room guy and you can tell those boys are grinding this off-season. We're also getting a very healthy influx of talent from JV and the middle school feeders -- so expect those young guns to get some burn this year as the new coach isn't afraid to play the 14 and 15-year olds on Varsity. Had a lot of guys go both ways last year, depth is going to be much, much better this year.

EScwHKKWoAkxgvN
QUOTE="portcity FB, post: 627160, member: 1554"]NB is on the upswing and I think they will be even better next season. I just don't think you can just run it down everyones throats in 4A or 4AA unless you're really special up front. Look at SC, they have had special talent the last 6-7 seasons but they end up facing a team that can slow them down enough. I do not think NB has the talent level that those SC teams have had. NB will roll their conf and have a bye and an easy game or two but then run into a really strong team.
Hoggard will probably not be a threat next season. They will be solid but they will have a very similar team as last year, no speed at the skilled position.

Expect New Bern to open up the passing game more this year. Might even have a new QB and move the current QB to WR, we'll see. Speaking of the ground game, good thing is that we return 4 out of 5 linemen. In the backfield, everyone returns which includes the big back, who had 19 TD and over 2,000 yards rushing. Saw a picture the other day (attached) and my GOD, those kids have bulked up the last 3 months. The new coach is a huge weight-room guy and you can tell those boys are grinding this off-season. We're also getting a very healthy influx of talent from JV and the middle school feeders -- so expect those young guns to get some burn this year as the new coach isn't afraid to play the 14 and 15-year olds on Varsity. Had a lot of guys go both ways last year, depth is going to be much, much better this year.[/QUOTE]
I am sure NB will be better and the new coach is doing a great job. I am only saying that if NB is going to be a threat to win it all they will have to develop a passing game. When NB had Hughes at QB they still would throw it down the field to stretch the def. If NB develops a good passing attack they may very well contend. Good luck to them.

Reactions: nepsy7
Expect New Bern to open up the passing game more this year. Might even have a new QB and move the current QB to WR, we'll see. Speaking of the ground game, good thing is that we return 4 out of 5 linemen. In the backfield, everyone returns which includes the big back, who had 19 TD and over 2,000 yards rushing. Saw a picture the other day (attached) and my GOD, those kids have bulked up the last 3 months. The new coach is a huge weight-room guy and you can tell those boys are grinding this off-season. We're also getting a very healthy influx of talent from JV and the middle school feeders -- so expect those young guns to get some burn this year as the new coach isn't afraid to play the 14 and 15-year olds on Varsity. Had a lot of guys go both ways last year, depth is going to be much, much better this year.
I am sure NB will be better and the new coach is doing a great job. I am only saying that if NB is going to be a threat to win it all they will have to develop a passing game. When NB had Hughes at QB they still would throw it down the field to stretch the def. If NB develops a good passing attack they may very well contend. Good luck to them.[/QUOTE]

Had to throw it with Mike as teams either stacked the box with 8/9 or had a spy or two to limit the big play. The play-calling this year will have a bunch of new wrinkles in it. Should be fun. Good luck to the Vikes.

Reactions: portcity FB
Hows Myers Park looking anyways grammar police?

He/She don’t know. Women in the concession stand know more. They’ll be decent. Finish 2/3 in the conference if the gun slinger sticks around? Without him, they’re a little above 500 ball team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 704CougarsDad
He/She don’t know. Women in the concession stand know more. They’ll be decent. Finish 2/3 in the conference if the gun slinger sticks around? Without him, they’re a little above 500 ball team.
Now Lola, I thought Deanna warned you just the other day and now you’re calling people names again?
I know you're confused you're Lola some days and Nepsy the next, but I'm here to tell you I'm 100% male.
As for MP they may have some tricks up their sleeve...stay tuned!
Gunslinger returns!

Now Lola, I thought Deanna warned you just the other day and now you’re calling people names again?
I know you're confused you're Lola some days and Nepsy the next, but I'm here to tell you I'm 100% male.
As for MP they may have some tricks up their sleeve...stay tuned!
Gunslinger returns!
That's my point again "IF YOU BASE YOUR SUCCESS OFF OF ONE PERSON YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!" This is a team sport...how does they look as a whole? I heard the jv was decent but can they match what the other programs in the state is doing. Also if chadwick want to advance and run with the big dogs hes gonna have to trust his run game. Being 1 dimensional as we seen the last 2 yrs will bite you in November and December.

That's my point again "IF YOU BASE YOUR SUCCESS OFF OF ONE PERSON YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!" This is a team sport...how does they look as a whole? I heard the jv was decent but can they match what the other programs in the state is doing. Also if chadwick want to advance and run with the big dogs hes gonna have to trust his run game. Being 1 dimensional as we seen the last 2 yrs will bite you in November and December.
"how does they look as a whole?" looks like the grammar police's work is never done! you mean, "how do they look as a whole?" As for the running game it will be stronger with 2 returning RB's and most of the OL returning, not to mention those up from an undefeated JV Team. We COMING!

Last edited:

As you already know, Defense wins championships and they don’t have one. They’ll pack the stands like last year as pretenders. Go down to Richmond, and they’ll turn the lights on. Send them packing. The End! Hype don’t win Championships!

As you already know, Defense wins championships and they don’t have one. They’ll pack the stands like last year as pretenders. Go down to Richmond, and they’ll turn the lights on. Send them packing. The End! Hype don’t win Championships!
you don't know what they have or don't have. different year, different players, you do know that's why they play the game, because you never know what's going to happen. MC had great D last year and where did they go?

Wrong! I’m definitely more familiar with what they lost and what they have coming back than yourself. In regards to MC. We Choked! Vance was the better team that night also. We should have just lined up those 5 D1 OL, and run down hill with Trent Simpson in the backfield and a stable of backs straight at Vance. Absolutely nothing they could do about it. Our OC had a bad night. Shit happens! You need a Nasty defense and a touch of luck to win it all in 4AA. If you think otherwise, you’re delusional. Ain’t Happening. Period!

Last edited:
Reactions: portcity FB
Wrong! I’m definitely more familiar with what they lost and what they have coming back than yourself. In regards to MC. We Choked! Vance was the better team that night also. We should have just lined up those 5 D1 OL, and run down hill with Trent Simpson in the backfield and a stable of backs straight at Vance. Absolutely nothing they could do about it. Our OC had a bad night. Shit happens! You need a Nasty defense and a touch of luck to win it all in 4AA. If you think otherwise, you’re delusional. Ain’t Happening. Period!
Nepsy & Lola know's everything! I can't figure out for the life of me why you weren't named HC to replace Palmieri! Good to hear that you're an MP expert!

CMS don’t pay enough, and you’re Welcome!

Last edited:
"how does they look as a whole?" looks like the grammar police's work is never done! you mean, "how do they look as a whole?" As for the running game it will be stronger with 2 returning RB's and most of the OL returning, not to mention those up from an undefeated JV Team. We COMING!
lol so where do I pay the fine? Getting pulled over by the grammar police and summoned a ticket really hurts my feelings...I'll jus have to go and hug this 4AA state championship trophy to make me feel better....lol

Jus seen that LJ is leaving the program...let me guess that's a decision from the new sheriff in town or is he going to follow Palmieri?

Nepsy7 finally said something I can agree with! Nasty defenses and a stroke of luck do win championships. But don’t forget about coaches who know what positions a player is best suited to play. I’ve seen coaches play guys on offense and defense because the no. 2 guy on the depth chart wasn’t a viable option and seen coaches who didn’t believe in doing so. The teams that win games constantly have coaches with high football IQ’s.

Nepsy7 finally said something I can agree with! Nasty defenses and a stroke of luck do win championships. But don’t forget about coaches who know what positions a player is best suited to play. I’ve seen coaches play guys on offense and defense because the no. 2 guy on the depth chart wasn’t a viable option and seen coaches who didn’t believe in doing so. The teams that win games constantly have coaches with high football IQ’s.

Luck?

There is so much movement going on through out the state from Athletes, coaches, and the Coronavirus.

Jeremiah 33:6 states - behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

This isnt only a state of emergency but yet a world wide Chaos.

I'm just going to pray for The favorite 4A & 4AA, for both Myers Park, Mallard Creek, the new staff, the new season, and the hands that prepares the biscuits.

New bern definitely dangerous with that conference and a definite hi seed in tournament, Scot only on coaching and tradition but I wouldn’t doubt on it .We will be searching a qb again . Once again the job is there for the rising senior Barfield,will he snag the job or will we go elsewhere again .RB strong as usual..
Large 4A- Richmond
The Freshman from Carver Middle will be in play for QB.

Reactions: kholton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT