ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Fate of 2020 ALWS remains uncertain

how well that effect North Carolina play if the virus is gone ? couldnt nc play in august

Last edited:
Each state will be able to decide if they want to play or not. I believe NY, NJ, CT, OH, and CA have already canceled their seasons. The restrictions have to be lifted in NC for any sport team to play.

If Legion Baseball is the only thing available to kids this summer and travel ball is not available....this could be a huge lift for legion!

Each state will be able to decide if they want to play or not. I believe NY, NJ, CT, OH, and CA have already canceled their seasons. The restrictions have to be lifted in NC for any sport team to play.

If Legion Baseball is the only thing available to kids this summer and travel ball is not available....this could be a huge lift for legion!
sense there want be any national tournament . NC could play in August. might want to play 3 out of 5 series to the state finals , instead of a state tournament. would have less people at one place, wonder if they could play 9 innings. ?

sense there want be any national tournament . NC could play in August. might want to play 3 out of 5 series to the state finals , instead of a state tournament. would have less people at one place, wonder if they could play 9 innings. ?

Already inquired to see if we could deviate from national rules. Playing with 22 players through state tourney. Moving Date of birth from Jan 1 to September 1st

They said no. Have to follow what national has agreed upon due to insurance agreement.

Still a lot of uncertainty about how things will be in NC in July and August. Possibly NC teams could start play early July, play an abbreviated regular season and then some playoffs leading up to a state tournament to be held in the August time frame around the same time as the World Series would have happened.

Probably just hopeful thinking. I'm going to really miss legion baseball if it doesn't happen.

Still a lot of uncertainty about how things will be in NC in July and August. Possibly NC teams could start play early July, play an abbreviated regular season and then some playoffs leading up to a state tournament to be held in the August time frame around the same time as the World Series would have happened.

Probably just hopeful thinking. I'm going to really miss legion baseball if it doesn't happen.

I'm hearing they are going to vote on Monday about the season

play every team in your area one game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT