ADVERTISEMENT

Farmville / East Bladen

Last I heard and not sure if it's final.

Farmville 40
East Bladen 35

That is the final. Great game. I though EB was going to pull it out after they got the onside kick. Hate to see the season end for the Eagles. Great game and worth the drive and worth sitting through the cold. Great season to ebhs.

Sucks for EB was really hoping for that rematch great season no reason to hang your heads

Good job Jaguars.... if people didn't think the Jaguars were for real, this win should open some eyes.

I saw FC and SWE on tape and thought both would win...good looking squads

EB in my opininon could have been the best team in 2a if they had the ability to throw some,,.imagine Murchison with a passing game and you could not stack the box..great season EB

Congrats to Farmville Central for the win Friday night. You guys made the winning plays and we didn't. Too many Defensive lapses and a goalline stand by FC kept us from winning this one. Congrats to Farrell Murchison, who now holds all the season and career rushing records at EB, and all the seniors who made this season a good one. Hopefully we can rebound from this and work hard in the off season and have a better year next year.

What were the attempts by East Bladen to score on the goal line stand?? Did Murchinson get the ball every time??

Well it was 1 and 10 at the 15. It was the opening drive of the 2nd half and we had drove the ball down to the FC 15. We lost 1 yard on 1st, through an incomplete pass on 2nd, Hines ran to the 6 on 3rd down, and Murchison got stuffed on 4th. At this time, it was 28-26 us. FC got the ball and drove down to the 48 and threw a 52 yd TD to go ahead for good.

Before halftime, we scored to make it 28-20 with 38 ticks left on the clock. They got the ball on their 38, I think. They ran one play to midfield and threw a 43 yard TD with 9 seconds left in the half.

Those two pass plays and us not getting the first down and eventually scoring was the difference in the game.

What were the events of the last couple of drives? I heard EB recovered an onside kick after scoring to make it 40-35.

Originally posted by 72Pirate:
What were the events of the last couple of drives? I heard EB recovered an onside kick after scoring to make it 40-35.
We did recover the onside kick, We got held on downs, but 4th down we called a pass play our QB got flushed out of the pocket, he tried dump off in flats,fell incomplete, had he looked across the middle, he would have found #12 Eian Hines wide open not a defensive back within 20 yds and would have scored making 41- 40 EB before the pat was kicked. We were trying run the clock and had down about 2 mins to go. As they say that's the breaks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT