ADVERTISEMENT

Farmville Central @ East Bladen (2nd round)

ebhsgrad

Nov 8, 2011
The Eagles move on to face the Jaguars of Farmville Central this week. Up 33-6 going in to the half against Red Springs, the Eagles came out flat and gave up most of the points in the 3rd quarter. That can't happen this week. But there were definitely some positives, especially with the ground attack. Ethan Hines #21 exploded with 258 yards rushing and 3 TD's. And Farrell Murchison #23 aka The Man-Child had 271 yards rushing and 5 TD's. This week will provide a completely different challenge. Red Springs liked to spread it out, and from what I've seen from Farmvile they have a pretty strong running game with a couple really solid athletes. On a side note Farrell broke East Bladen's all-time single season rushing record of 2,226 yards Friday night, previously held by Appalachian St. great Kevin Richardson. He now has 2292 yards and 34 TD's on the ground this season. Ethan Hines is now at 1110 yards rushing for the year. Hope for safe travels this Friday for the Farmville team and fans. What does everyone else think about this game?

Farmville Central is real! They only lost to Washington by one point. They got beat by SWE which could win the 2aa title. They beat Plymouth who could win the 1a title.

I will not make a prediction, but E Bladen should beware!

FC is one tough 8 seed. they have a kid going to the Shrine Bowl. This one could end up determining the 2-A East title

This will be a great game...Farmville Central has great speed and athletes(Hudl video)...EB has Murchinson(seen live)...points will be scored.FC will load the box..FC can strike by land and air both equally...Thought the Clinton Graham game would be a scoring affair(48-28 Clinton) and I was not wrong it was a scoring affair..only thing is Clinton was the only one that participated in the scoring..but learned CHS D can stop a very good air attack...EB struggles it seems against pass happy teams that spread...just a opinion we all have one FC 38 EB 28..the abilitiy of EB having a hard time coming from behind could be the difference/not being a great passing team....I like SWO by 24...Clinton by 17...
This post was edited on 11/16 12:23 PM by 2for3

Farmville Central is fake! Put an above par team in front of them, and FC goes away. Exclude the first game, a win vs small 1A Plymouth, because first games can go either way. Teams are still trying to figure out what they have. Of those other 11 games, NINE were against subpar opponents. All victories. 50+ pts. The other two, vs decent competition, losses. 12 and 13pts. Just seems like if they play against a competitive team, all that offense magically disappears. East Bladen by 20.

Besides the SWE game they have done well ...mmmm lost to the conference champ Washington by 1...SWE lost to Washington by 7?
SWE /FC have 6 of the same teams on their schedule...so are we to think SWE is a fake(your wording)with the big margin of victories they have just as FC over average opponents as you suggest...I think both SWE/FC are for real(great conference competition SWE FC Washington)..you seem to disagree ref..both teams it seems

This post was edited on 11/16 1:07 PM by 2for3

This post was edited on 11/16 1:08 PM by 2for3

This post was edited on 11/16 1:10 PM by 2for3

This post was edited on 11/16 2:08 PM by 2for3

If E Bladen had a lightout defense I could agree this should be a 20 point win by Bladen. I can't say E Bladen D is lightout.

The common opponent margin of victory concerning Washington would hold weight if the two teams in question didn't have a head to head meeting themselves. Should FC be vaulted ahead of SWE because they lost to Washington by 1 compared to SWE's loss to them by 7? If that's the case, then SWE is light years above Washington, as Washington beat FC by 1, but SWE beat FC by 35. And that is far from the truth. And I sure hope you aren't comparing SWE's schedule to that of FC's. Can't help the conference schedule, which FC barely had a winning record against, but as far as the nonconference portion...come on. Some of FC's victories aren't better than a couple of SWE's losses. FC's strength of schedule is 42, and the only reason it's even that high is because of SWE and Washington. All I know is, FC's gaudy record is due to feasting on poor teams before conference play. They struggled once conference started, and that is more comparable to what they will see in the playoffs. Seeing them play firsthand and looking at the numbers gives me reason to say that I just don't believe that they are as good as their record indicates. Is it ok for me to have that opinion?

Because a person has a different opinion...they are not trying to quite you..its a message board...you are free to have a opinion and so are others...and on a message board forum people are free to question each others opinions..you beat them badly...but maybe you played lights out that game...it happens.Your word is not the final word...(we are allowed to respond).its not personal... and I even noted..."just my opinion we all have one" before I posted on FC...I don't banter back and forth..look at my post..I like to keep it to adult FB conversations ..for the record I believe you will see your conference buddies Washington in the 2AA east title game

This post was edited on 11/16 2:16 PM by 2for3

This post was edited on 11/16 2:23 PM by 2for3

Originally posted by SWE'98:
The common opponent margin of victory concerning Washington would hold weight if the two teams in question didn't have a head to head meeting themselves. Should FC be vaulted ahead of SWE because they lost to Washington by 1 compared to SWE's loss to them by 7? If that's the case, then SWE is light years above Washington, as Washington beat FC by 1, but SWE beat FC by 35. And that is far from the truth. And I sure hope you aren't comparing SWE's schedule to that of FC's. Can't help the conference schedule, which FC barely had a winning record against, but as far as the nonconference portion...come on. Some of FC's victories aren't better than a couple of SWE's losses. FC's strength of schedule is 42, and the only reason it's even that high is because of SWE and Washington. All I know is, FC's gaudy record is due to feasting on poor teams before conference play. They struggled once conference started, and that is more comparable to what they will see in the playoffs. Seeing them play firsthand and looking at the numbers gives me reason to say that I just don't believe that they are as good as their record indicates. Is it ok for me to have that opinion?
And just for the record, SWE has beat who? No team of any significance ( I guess Rocky Mount was a decent win, I will give you that), based on you dissing one of the best wins SWE has.
This post was edited on 11/16 2:59 PM by Heyman25

Never said my word was the final word. I hope that it's not. I love this. Just like you are trying to convince me to look at it one way, I'm trying to do likewise. But your post came off as you trying to tell me that I'm just wrong for feeling the way I feel about FC. Maybe I took it wrong. My history here speaks for itself. I have never had an issue with anyone up here and I don't plan to start. But to the supporter of that other school in Edgecombe County...I expect you to feel that way. Nice win against us. And Spring Creek. And RM Prep. And Nash Central. And Hobbton. Like I said before in another post, I like it when FC does well. I just don't think they are there this year. But hell, if they win, so what? If they lose, so what? I feel the same way about us.

Originally posted by sameoldthing4:
If E Bladen had a lightout defense I could agree this should be a 20 point win by Bladen. I can't say E Bladen D is lightout.
EB's Defense is lights out when they want to be. They do have a tendency to let off the gas pedal when they have a game in hand, Fairmont and Red Springs! Those two games were all but over at half time. It is frustrating to watch but this defense also has a tendency to play really good at the biggest moments, Whiteville, Clinton, WRH. I would have to say that EB's D will not let off the gas pedal the rest of the year. The coaches will make sure of it.

As for the game, FC has some really nice looking players and are big across the OL/DL. I didn't see a whole lot of passing out of them but did see them run all over Fairmont. Whichever D stops the others run game will win.

BTW, which player off FC team is going to the shrine bowl?

ebhsfan, their LB Edward Davis made the Shrine Bowl. I believe he's #40. And I also think you're spot on about the defense. I've been to every game in the past decade, and I believe this is our best defense in years. I just wish they would put these weaker teams in the dirt in the second halves. But when we've played the tougher teams this year, they've stepped up consistently. Hopefully it is the same this week.

Still not sure what to make of FC. They were in the gutter as recently as 2 years ago and not that much better last season. But the Jags have been fairly tough this year, the SWE game notwithstanding.

But the notion that a team is better or worse than its record indicates has always struck me as odd. A team is exactly as good as its record. Sure it might have played very well and beaten a team with a better record or it could have stunk and lost badly to another team but that just tells you the range of its performance.

In some cases teams play a non conference schedule that has many top notch 3a schools. Take Jones Sr. They play SWO and Havelock and a couple of other bigger schools. You can't tell how good they are until they play small 1a schools.

I'm gonna go with EB 35 - 24. May be wrong, but I don't know if Farmville will be able to contain Farrell Murchison and the emerging Ethan Hines for 4 quarters. Murchison tends to wear a defense down by the 4th, and thats where the speedster Hines tends to break off the big ones. He and his twin brother are the fastest players I've ever seen. Have yet to see them get caught from behind on the field.

I'll go with EB 35 FC 20....Too much Murchison for the Jags....Hoping for a potential rematch in the future
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I hope we get another fine rendition of the "Murchison & Hines " show again this week and the defense does step it up and play lights out like I know they can. This team has come to far to lose focus of their goal they set a long time ago. GO EAGLES !!!!!!!

Good Luck to the Eagles tonight. I plan on heading that way. Hope to see a good game with a EB win.

Thanks stallion1992, we appreciate the support! Hopefully it'll be a packed crowd!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT