ADVERTISEMENT

Farmville Central 2021 Fall Football Schedule

Interesting thing about them is, they have freakishly athletic basketball teams, but you hear nothing whatsoever about them, football wise. Does any of those great athletes they typically have not play football?

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
Interesting thing about them is, they have freakishly athletic basketball teams, but you hear nothing whatsoever about them, football wise. Does any of those great athletes they typically have not play football?
They have had some good football teams but nothing like their basketball. I remember in the late 80's they had a good football team. They had played 3 or 4 games before we played them and nobody had scored on them. They were saying we wouldn't score on them either. We had Jesse Campbell then. Coach Jordan decided the best way to handle it was score on the opening possession's first play. So they practiced to get the timing down between the QB Randy Elks and Jesse Campbell. The night of the game they kicked off to us and we started at around the 30 yard line. I poked the guy beside me and told him not to miss our first play. Randy dropped back and threw it as far as he could. Jesse ran under it and caught it in stride. Sucked the air out of Farmville on that first play. I don't remember the final score but we had no problem with them. I'm glad we get to play them some more. I always enjoyed our games there.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I remember early 80's Farmville played at Burlington Williams in like the third round of playoffs...Williams narrowly won and ended up winning state title the next week.........Farmville had twin brothers (I think) with the last name of Reid..........................does this ring any bells with old timers?? Burlington Williams won state titles in 1980, 81 and 85................

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT