ADVERTISEMENT

Fall 2021 Favorites

Not according to the final draft of the realignment on the NCHSAA website. They’re staying 2A

Tarboro will represent the east for the next 4 years. The west will be much more competitive with Mount Airy, Murphy, Mitchell, Robbinsville, and Mountain Heritage.

Reactions: Bearfan71
Tarboro will represent the east for the next 4 years. The west will be much more competitive with Mount Airy, Murphy, Mitchell, Robbinsville, and Mountain Heritage.
Definitely wouldn't count out Eastern Randolph in the west, bring back a lot this fall, including two D1 skill players. Thomas Jefferson will be tough too, best team Murphy played this season.

Definitely wouldn't count out Eastern Randolph in the west, bring back a lot this fall, including two D1 skill players. Thomas Jefferson will be tough too, best team Murphy played this season.

I forget about Eastern Randolph. I'll be curious to see how Thomasville does back in 1A. Draughn has been solid for a couple seasons. They could make a bit of noise. Jefferson too even maybe WSP if they continue to improve. Whoever comes out of the west will go through a gauntlet.

Well unless something crazy happens Tarboro should be in States every year until at least 2025. That may come off as bragging but I legitimately don't see anybody in the east that can beat Tarboro until 2025 unless rosewood pulls a massive upset.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Tarboro vs Murphy. Maybe Mitchell.
I'd like to see how serious the injuries to Murphy QB and lineman are first. Murphy does bring back a lot on paper, but they've already lost a starting back and linebacker for the fall with a knee injury. They will be dangerously thin in the backfield and at linebacker this fall unless Wood comes back out or someone new comes in.

I'd like to see how serious the injuries to Murphy QB and lineman are first. Murphy does bring back a lot on paper, but they've already lost a starting back and linebacker for the fall with a knee injury. They will be dangerously thin in the backfield and at linebacker this fall unless Wood comes back out or someone new comes in.
I would guess the September 10th game will give you a good idea what kind of team you have. I hope you guys are 100% healthy for next year. I would guess SP might would compare to Tarboro some.

Is Polk still 1A?
I just posted a thread that tells where every school will be, East or West and what classification every school will be in 1A - 4A , Polk goes 2A

Last edited:
Edenton Holmes what do they have coming back for the Fall?

Eastern Randolph could go either East or West.

State is getting split in half w/this realignment....somewhere around Greensboro...line straight down the middle so you’re either E or W for the next 4 years; hearing WS Prep QB may be headed across town to another school...if that’s the case they’re done

How many times do I have to say Eastern Randolph will be in the west no matter what?

The final approved plan with west and east conferences is here:

Reactions: thekidd12
How many times do I have to say Eastern Randolph will be in the west no matter what?

The final approved plan with west and east conferences is here:

So you are saying there is no chance Eastern Randolph goes east.

No. East/west are predetermined. Each conference was placed in the west or east. There will no longer be a line. The top 16 from the east go and top 16 from west.

the top 32 from the east go and top 32 from west....64 teams make it this fall since no more splits

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT