ADVERTISEMENT

Erwin picks up New QB

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Look like Korey Griffith is going to Erwin HS for his senior season. He was formerly at Pisgah HS. How will this affect Erwin and Pisgah Respectively

Reactions: UNC91
Should flourish in erwins offense if football is played this year?

Kain Fortney, Pisgahs backup QB and who many thought should be starting before has now transferred to Tuscola as well.

Good luck to Korey! I think Erwin will be a better fit for him. He has several things he needs to improve on but Erwin usually has speed spread out wide and often so I think that will definitely compliment his style of play.

I don't know much about Erwin this year, so I'll leave that to the Warrior fans. This in my opinion could be Pisgah's best team in the last decade, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Kain Fortney, Pisgahs backup QB and who many thought should be starting before has now transferred to Tuscola as well.

Good luck to Korey! I think Erwin will be a better fit for him. He has several things he needs to improve on but Erwin usually has speed spread out wide and often so I think that will definitely compliment his style of play.

I don't know much about Erwin this year, so I'll leave that to the Warrior fans. This in my opinion could be Pisgah's best team in the last decade, so we'll see what happens.
Korey came from Erwin to Pisgah as a freshman. I hate he is leaving, but we will be fine. I wish him well.

Last edited:

While I am not doubting Pisgah will be good, knowing and watching a lot of the kids grow up, they are going to have some growing pains, having no practice time, and not having a seasoned signal caller in the backfield now, that will hurt at the beginning.

Reactions: UNC91
While I am not doubting Pisgah will be good, knowing and watching a lot of the kids grow up, they are going to have some growing pains, having no practice time, and not having a seasoned signal caller in the backfield now, that will hurt at the beginning.
I'm pretty sure everyone will have the same amount of practice time. Lol. I think we'll be just fine with a new QB under center. Let's not forget how hard it was to watch KG and the offense most of the time last year and before. It was pretty ugly. So, I don't think a lot changes. Defense was always going to be this teams strength and with the lack of practice time, that remains even more so now. What's Tuscola going to do with all of these "QB's"? By my count, there's 5 that I could possibly see starting on the roster...

Reactions: PBBear51 and UNC91
I have no idea why the kid went to Tuscola as for Korey he got the blame when we lost and no credit when we won.All you have to do is go back and read some of these posts like the one above to understand.No I never talked to Korey or asked him why .Just my opinion sitting in the stands and listening to some of the comments just like his family did.About 25% still believe we should win the state championship every year.His record was 20-6.Including the two playoffs game when he was a freshman.

I definitely hate to hear that. People in the stands talk about kids like they're on college gameday. Makes no sense. I wonder what the bears will do for a qb this coming season?

Last edited:
I have no idea why the kid went to Tuscola as for Korey he got the blame when we lost and no credit when we won.All you have to do is go back and read some of these posts like the one above to understand.No I never talked to Korey or asked him why .Just my opinion sitting in the stands and listening to some of the comments just like his family did.About 25% still believe we should win the state championship every year.His record was 20-6.Including the two playoffs game when he was a freshman.

Sadly some fans are like that and those usually the either Dumb fan that doesn't anything within that program or the Old school minded type guy trying to relive the golden years (*if Pisgah had any golden years*) so Its sad when u say anything n HIS own parents hear it. I hear stuff all the time. I dont do that myself but I do give Constructive Criticism but I tell it to the player not try say in stands you know .

I have no idea why the kid went to Tuscola as for Korey he got the blame when we lost and no credit when we won.All you have to do is go back and read some of these posts like the one above to understand.No I never talked to Korey or asked him why. Just my opinion sitting in the stands and listening to some of the comments just like his family did.About 25% still believe we should win the state championship every year.His record was 20-6.Including the two playoffs game when he was a freshman.
The thread question was how will KG's transfer effect Erwin and Pisgah?. All I did was simply give my answer. KG's 2019 stats... 949 yards, 6 TDs, and 4 INTs. That's 79 ypg. What a devastating blow! How will this team ever recover? Hahaha. It's 2020 and everyone is as soft as a cup of ice cream sitting out in the sun. I played the position at Pisgah. So, I promise ya I don't need a damn lecture on what that kid is going through and what it entails. He has it very easy compared to what some of us went through. But, some of us are just mentally tougher than most kids nowadays. I know what the fans, critics, media, etc. say. I've had signs put in my yard, stuff put in my mailbox, vehicles vandalized, family harassed, social media pages created about me, had to change phone # 100 times, had my house graffitied, and many more things over the years. So, I guess if these mean ol' words on preps are too much then this ain't it cupcake. And, just for the record, I don't think Pisgah should win the SC every year. In all honesty, they may never again. Especially if we go to 3A. The demographics are against us and it's getting worse. Lastly, you should get into the real reasons KG left instead of blaming keyboard warriors and bleach whisperers. But, like you said. You didn't ask him or his family or talk to anyone. You, like most, just want to make assumptions.

Last edited:
There will be good QB competition for him at Erwin with their QB. He's a good one too.

You're right Penland just announced he's transferring to Tuscola.and his dad will be an assistant coach.How convenient.

This has been in the works for about 3-4 months. Not really breaking news. Definitely can't hurt to have one more QB and good athlete. I just hope football is played.

Penland left Erwin to go to Tuscola. Griffith left Pisgah and will be at Erwin.

Doesn’t he have another kid on the team ? Yea it’s all totally different! Sorry my bad! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT